What's Really In Your Nutrients ? Lab Tested

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dynamite

Dynamite

This is the only information I've been able to find of what's "really" in the 1000's of different bottles on the shelf at grow shops across America ..

Lab testing from the state of Oregon on many different products over the last 5 years or so ..

http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Fertilizers/Pages/ReportsPublicationsForms.aspx

Bunch of different PDF files you can download and view , check out the listings of "lab analysis reports" and different years have different products tested ..

The listed N-P-K on a bottle of Nutrients is only a miminum guarantee , so being over is fine , which from batch to batch could really mess with growers ..

So many of these companies are so far off from what they claim is in the bottle it's insane .. the industry definitely needs to instate some sort of batch testing on nutes and make that info availiable to the public ..

Anyhow, not sure if this has been posted before or not ,I know a lot of members here have seen it already .. I thought it was some very interesting info and been meaning to make a post on it for awhile now

The link again

http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Fertilizers/Pages/ReportsPublicationsForms.aspx

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

This is why we grow our own inputs and make our own ferments. When profits are involved it is only a matter of time before quality drops. I'll make my own nutrients, thanks ;)

Freshone

Freshone

I don't trust Oregon's testing program at all,look at what they said about @capulators og biowar?that was a crock of crap as alot of us know how well it works.I think cap even had it tested at a university afterward and they hot completely different results from state of Oregon.
I'm not defending nute companies at all,most are straight rip offs but I don't trust oregons testing program either.

Dynamite

Dynamite

Hell yea man, good post. Washington state does a good breakdown of heavy metals present in fertilizers, here's that link too, it's real fun.

http://agr.wa.gov/pestfert/fertilizers/productdatabase.aspx

So really to get a solid idea of what's in a jug of nutes you'd want to look at Oregon and WA , WA only states heavy metals and doesn't test any of the NPK nutrient levels and Oregon doesn't test heavy metals only npk.. combining the 2 gives ya a great idea if what your really working with !! Thanks for that link!!

Great link :)
Hammer Head from AdvancedNutes - 2.3400 ppm Arsenic :puke2:

Crazy , but what really stumped me is looking at Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Pro ,and lots of products over 10 ppm arsenic, is has to be naturally occurring in some sort of base salt these nute companies use , Arsenic is in far more products then not ..

If anyone can explain why Arsenic is in so many nutrient products ,I'm all ears !

Google was no help

I don't trust Oregon's testing program at all,look at what they said about @capulators og biowar?that was a crock of crap as alot of us know how well it works.I think cap even had it tested at a university afterward and they hot completely different results from state of Oregon.
I'm not defending nute companies at all,most are straight rip offs but I don't trust oregons testing program either.

Even if you take away the microbial report ,and only view the NPK files ,the info is extremely valuable to some of us .. take what ya want and leave the rest .. but did you actually view the microbial file ? I'm wondering if they poorly handled all the samples ,maybe got hot during transport, old stock ..who knows, or the reality is most of the microbial products are shit.. wasn't just Cap that got a shit test , off memory I'd say 80% of what they tested from many different companies all turned up to be bunk products ..

I've made AACT tea side by side many MANY times now using OGbiowar and NOT , and there is no denying that it works.. without works well ,but ya don't get the leafs reaching for sky like with it ..

I ask everyone

Why is Arsenic in so many nutrient products we all feed out plants ? ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Dynamite ........"The presence of heavy metals in inorganic fertilizers is well established. Analytical testing of a wide range of fertilizer products shows that some phosphate and micronutrient fertilizers, and liming materials contain elevated levels of arsenic, cadmium, and lead compared to other fertilizer types (e.g., nitrogen, potash, gypsum). A few waste-derived fertilizer products also have been shown to contain elevated (parts per trillion) levels of dioxins."

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

So does that mean that if you buy your raw salts they have arsenic in them already???

Dynamite

Dynamite

I just looked up the individual salts from RAW who is npk-industries, and Arsenic is in their products too ..

Browsing looks like Humboldt master A&B is pretty legit .. their boosters not so much so .. Even bunch of Nectar of the God's products have arsenic ..

All the nutes companies are obviously aware of it, and have the ability to change it ..think one of them would come out with some clean bottle nutes

Dynamite

Dynamite

According to that Arsenic is naturally occurring in all sorts of things,38th on the list of what makes up rocks in the world ,so organic isn't the resolve either with it found in fish and plant material .. it's all within acceptable levels ,so maybe it's not an issue .. just seems if one could grow herb without it ,wouldn't be a bad idea ..

Homesteader

Homesteader

I believe azomite has small traces of arsenic and lead. lime and rock phosphate depending on the source.....1941.......shit thats old Technical manual what is that the aircorp?.

N

noone88

Yea you guys are way too concerned about arsenic.

That 2015 Microbial analysis needs more attention...

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yea you guys are way too concerned about arsenic.

Considering many patients who need cannabis have weakened immune systems and/or kidneys I question your reasoning for this? I am personally much more concerned about heavy metals like cadmium, mercury, lead and chromium and pest residue but yeah......Ill choose not to lick off the arsenic loaded salt lick too.

Last edited:
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Considering many patients who need cannabis have weakened immune systems and/or kidneys I question your reasoning for this? I am personally much more concerned about heavy metals like cadmium, mercury, lead and chromium and pest residue but yeah......Ill choose not to lick off the arsenic loaded salt lick too.

If you're concerned about heavy metals you should do a foliage test between organic and synthetic fertilizers and see which one has more heavy metals in it...Anything grown in dirt will have WAY higher of a heavy metal content vs something grown in a synthetic-based medium, simply because many heavy metals already exist in soil whereas in a hydroponic formula calling for only a few different salts, you only really deal with precipitates in the medium and whatever (minor) impurities are in the salt.

But yeah - after reviewing the washington and oregon lists I switched to ag ferts and haven't looked back, there are very very few products produced specifically for our industry that are even comparable to a professional agricultural product...I used to call bottled nutes the "hobby" market but monsanto/scotts/hawthorne is doing a much better job rebranding it the "urban growing" market (which is ironic given that they are responsible for poisoning our urban environments).

Brands currently owned by Scotts, through the subsidiary Hawthorne Garden Co. :

Gavita Holland
Whitney Farms
Ecoscraps
Vermicorp Organics
General Hydroponics
Black Gold (Home Depot's brand of urban/hobby nutes)
Botanicare USA (not finalized but here's the info http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2016/08/03/scotts-miracle-gro-spends-136m-on-dutch.html )

I really hope this community and industry can choke Scotts - let's sink these brands and show them how far 1/2 a billion in investment gets them into the "urban growers" market. FUCK MONSANTO

rant over.

Homesteader

Homesteader

If you're concerned about heavy metals you should do a foliage test between organic and synthetic fertilizers and see which one has more heavy metals in it...Anything grown in dirt will have WAY higher of a heavy metal content vs something grown in a synthetic-based medium, simply because many heavy metals already exist in soil whereas in a hydroponic formula calling for only a few different salts, you only really deal with precipitates in the medium and whatever (minor) impurities are in the salt.

I agree completely and wasn't applying that salt ferts are any worse. I make my own "soil" from ingredients (including the base) that I selected myself because I would rather have science feed my plants than some multinational conglomerate who gives two fucts whether their product is clean for cannabis growers organic or synthetic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom