What's The Best Advice You've Ever Had?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

A good one for me would have to be to ignore the guide on the nute bottle. Increase the dosage indefinitely until the plants show signs of having too much, then back off and go with the previous lower dose. That way you're giving the plant the maximum it can take. Seems obvious now but if you don't know you don't know...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

A good one for me would have to be to ignore the guide on the nute bottle. Increase the dosage indefinitely until the plants show signs of having too much, then back off and go with the previous lower dose. That way you're giving the plant the maximum it can take. Seems obvious now but if you don't know you don't know...

seems like it is never enough

hillbil

hillbil

I grow with organic mixes and learning not to overwater is the biggest thing I ever learned. Aggressive drainage ensures proper moisture. Our plants hate wet feet and when too wet will throw all kinds of symptoms and deficiencies at you. My mix is quite gravelly at the end of a run if it dries out.

Watering with runoff keeps salts from building up even with organic.

Also, Alfalfa meal is Magic!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Totally agree! I wait until the pots are dry about 3/4 the way down and always notice how vigorous the plants are on that last dry day.

And I always slowly saturate the pots to a good 20% runoff. Helps clean out the roots and bring in oxygen.

Also and related I feel I get much better results the closer I fertilize plants to their needs. Even slightly under so they are hungry when it's time to water. Better quality and growth in my opinion.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Wasn't told, was something I ran into. When my quality was better than any I came across for years, I stumbled on quality which put mine to shame. Awareness is a powerful thing.

Grower13

Grower13

Keeping it in the KISS thinking............. I grow with a one ingredient medium.......... and including ph down, water, medium and nutrients my grow gets it done with 8 ingredients total.

IMG 0003

dan1989

dan1989

keep it stupid simple

only coco....... but not regular coco coir......... only know a handful of peeps using the coco type I use.

I take it that's your little secret the type of coco? :) that's cool though.

Grower13

Grower13

no secret coco......... I use chipped coco....... plenty of space for air.......... plants never ever look unhappy.......... I'm thankful to the very skilled grower who taught me that.........
IMG 0020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom