G

globe_toker

Has anyone heard of caribou mini splits

It has a toshiba compressor supprisingly. what do yall think

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I just installed my second aura 36000 btu. It's working great cooling 8 kw non vented hoods.

KeepSimple

KeepSimple

What's up globe toker!! Did you pick up an ac yet?? Had the same question as you. Im looking at 2 ton max but trying to squeeze by on a 1.5 ton mini split. Found a brand called Gree, model Terra.

$2100 for unit and figure on another $300-$400 to install.

GREE Ultra Efficient 24,000 BTU (2 Ton) Ductless (Duct Free) Mini Split Air Conditioner with Inverter, Heat, Remote 208-230V

Description

Model:The terra Ultra Efficient Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump System is the most energy efficient system ever created from Gree. It provides unrivaled comfort, quietness and most importantly energy savings. The terra outdoor compressor section is powered by a twin-rotary compressor with Gree's G10 Inverter technology. This inverter technology with eco-friendly R-410a refrigerant saves you energy, reduces outdoor noise and keeps the room temperature steady by eliminating the constant starts and stops of conventional systems. The terra indoor cabinet is designed to be a comfortable fit for virtually any living space. A line-set (sold separately) is required for installation – be sure to select the appropriate size.

G10 Inverter Technology
5yr parts warranty
7yr compressor warranty
Energy Star Qualified
1/4 in. x 5/8 in.
Universal Piping Assembly required. Choose your appropriate length (15 ft., 25 ft., or 50 ft.)

Have not seen anyone mention these before but ill be picking one up soon and will post a review on it.

Best part....

I have a video on how to install it(thanks YouTube). was going to add link but video was pulled.. but not before I make copy.. hee hee hee.

I am in no way affiliated with these bitches btw. Just worried about summa time temps.

2 ton pulls 8 amps and 41db.

namedul

namedul

I have 2 different mini splits both no names and have no problems.

KeepSimple

KeepSimple

I have to keep all the equipment in my rooms under 40amps. Not sure if OP has the same issue as me but guessing not as globe is runing more lights. I have all my lights @ 240v pulling a total of 18amps. This was the largest unit with the lowest amp draw I could find. The 18,000btu unit pulls 6 amps but I'm thinking the larger 2 ton because I want to run a sealed room eventually w co2 + bare bulb. At 2 tons I can run bare bulbs vertical for side lights where the 18,000 would be good minus the bare bulbs. Looked at Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Friedrich, Ideal, Frigidaire, Kilmore and many off brands but this one has the highest seer rating/lowest amp draw.

Anyone know of other power efficient units I missed?

KeepSimple

KeepSimple

Wanted to add a update to this and kind of answer any future questions about this. I ended up picking up a 18k btu mini split. Installed myself by just hooking up and running. Thing runs like a champ and keeps 2600 watts w/ ballast cool in my grow lair. Still making improvements to circulation. First month cost of running everything hit me in the balls around $350.00 or 260-ish in euro depending on where your from. Sounds like a lot but I have to admit I'm impressed with this unit. The math I did on total cost to run is dead on. Still have a few improvements I can make to lower my power bill but have to wait between grows...

If you have A/C questions hit up THCF member Cannabis John for questions on his a/c thread.

I

Inlinemax

I work at a hydro store and we sell a good amount of Ideal Airs. I've only seen one customer have an issue with them. I personally own a 36kbtu 15 seer. Now it's certainly not the best type of unit but for the price, and the fact that you don't need a tech to install it, it's a pretty good buy. I'm really happy with mine.

Unfortunately, I believe they only come with a 23' line set but you might be able to add onto that if you contact the company.

G

Growops

I always will say when it comes to almost anything .YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I brought a DIY unit from excel. I went out 3 weeks later and got 1 ton chiller to assist my cooling needs , with more room to expand in the future. Excel air will have DIY units for your needs but the prices are crazy

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
both of my 3 ton aura systems are still running great

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I work at a hydro store and we sell a good amount of Ideal Airs. I've only seen one customer have an issue with them.
Both of the my friends that have bought this brand were unsatisfied with their performance. They both had leaks in the system from the self installed lines and one of them ended up making a neighbor angry from the obnoxious noise the condenser made. Avoid ideal air is my motto.

Now it's certainly not the best type of unit but for the price, and the fact that you don't need a tech to install it, it's a pretty good buy. I'm really happy with mine.

I think that if you can pull down 2-3 runs with it thats great. But as soon as I had the dough I would invest into a professionally installed unit with a hand braised line for the peace of mind. If you don't have a high temp shutdown wired into an ideal air room your skating on thin ice IMHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom