What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of All Your Stocks.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I have some massive stalk piles and I can't take them to the dump and aren't allowed to have burn piles at my place. I'm thinking a wood chipper.
Whats the best way to get rid of all your stocks

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I just put them in the yard debris bin and they come take it away every other week.
I'm in a legal state. I actually called and asked and the lady said it's any kind of garden material.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Fiber processing
  • 5 To separate the woody core from the bast fiber, a sequence of rollers (breakers) or a hammermill are used. The bast fiber is then cleaned and carded to the desired core content and fineness, sometimes followed by cutting to size and baling. After cleaning and carding, secondary steps are often required. These include matting for the production of non-woven mats and fleeces, pulping (the breakdown of fiber bundles by chemical and physical methods to produce fibers for paper making), and steam explosion, a chemical removal of the natural binders to produce a weavable fiber. Complete processing lines for fiber hemp have outputs ranging from 2-8 short tons/hour (1.8-7.2 t/hr).
Packaging
  • 6 The primary fiber is pressed into a highly compressed bale, similar to other fibers like cotton, wool, and polyester. Other products, such as horse bedding, are packaged in a compressed bale.
Paper making
  • 7 Bast fibers are usually used in paper, which are put into a spherical tank called a digester with water and chemicals. This mixture is heated for up to eight hours at elevated temperature and pressure until all fibers are separated from each other. Washing with excess water removes the chemicals and the extracted binding components (pectin). The clean fibers are then fed into a machine called a Hollander beater, which consists of a large tub equipped with a wheel revolving around a horizontal axis. This beating step, which lasts for up to 12 hours, cuts the fibers to the desired length and produces the required surface roughness for proper bonding. Bleaching chemicals are sometimes added during this step or to separate tanks with the fibers. The bleached pulp is then pumped to the paper machine or pressed to a dryness suitable for transportation to a paper mill at another location.
Quality Control
Hemp fibers are tested for tensile strength, fineness (fiber diameter), and the color is recorded. Moisture content is recorded during every stage of the growing and production process. The THC content of the plant is also contiguously tested to make sure that the level does not exceed the 0.3% mark. Research is still being conducted on the effects that hemp would have on the industry. Set standards are constantly being altered and changed.

Byproducts/Waste
The harvested hemp not used is burned. During fiber processing, the core fiber is saved and usually used to make paper, horse bedding, or construction materials. Most hemp producers recycle the core fiber by removing dust, then baling and packaging. The dust can be pressed into pellets used for fuel. The dirt and small chips of core are also used as a high nutrient soil additive.

Read more: http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Industrial-Hemp.html#ixzz3qZfkZEnH

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you can't burn them, what about burying them in some soil to let them decompose for a year or so? They will definitely decompose far more quickly if shredded or chipped. We have a wood chipper, it runs off the Mahindra. I'm afraid to use it, it's so powerful.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

idk about a gas wood chipper but i know those stalks will completely destroy an electric. That's hemp right there, not branches, it will get super stringy and wrap around the blade and you'll need to clean it every ten minutes.

I'm surprised there's no one in cali processing the stalks from outdoor harvests, lots of free money right there.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I put them in a massive u haul and dropped them off at the dump.. I asked the dump if they were okay with it before I brought them and they said it happens all the time in sonoma county and they could care less... It was a lot of stalks and everyone was looking at us-- it was pretty funny..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The only issue I see with firewood is you will pay hell with animal rights defenders as you will have stoned birds flying into walls, bldgs and each other.......... LMAO ......Just kidding BTW. I have a long term compost bin that all my stalks go into. What better way to use cannabis refuse by bringing it full circle to feed your next crop!!

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I think a lot of people here are underestimating the size of the pile of stalks. This pile was 20 feet wide. Twelve feet tall and about thirty feet long. There is no burn piles allowed at either property and once the stalks get wet they don't burn very well at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom