What's The Deal With This Girl?

• Thread starter Planter01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

I have a pretty good idea but I thought I would see what you folk thought. She's a Critical Jack Auto and I think it's a bit late to do much of anything. She is what she is.
Whats the deal with this girl

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have a pretty good idea but I thought I would see what you folk thought. She's a Critical Jack Auto and I think it's a bit late to do much of anything. She is what she is.
View attachment 675788
Well it could be a few things but what usually happens when a plant looks like that is your flower nutes have drifted the ph (probably low) and youre locking phos/cal/mag... youre right.. its probably too late for her but if you want to learn from it on your next water make a note of the input ph then ph test the runoff. It will tell you A LOT and youll learn from it.

Planter01

Planter01

Sup GT. My PH has been running fairly neutral @ 5 to 6.5. I use nothing but Koi pond water so I'm comfortable that her problem is not PH. I was thinking a lock out or lack of Calcium and magnesium but why just one out of a dozen plants and she's been a troubled child from the get go. Even her buddage never stacked properly. Dense enough but just spread out far to much. I will check the run-off as a learning tool GT but she's not going to get any better I'm afraid. I do think that her minimal yield is still going to be some decent smoke. Her tricomes are still clear as a bell so c'est la vie and thanks GT.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Sup GT. My PH has been running fairly neutral @ 5 to 6.5. I use nothing but Koi pond water so I'm comfortable that her problem is not PH. I was thinking a lock out or lack of Calcium and magnesium but why just one out of a dozen plants and she's been a troubled child from the get go. Even her buddage never stacked properly. Dense enough but just spread out far to much. I will check the run-off as a learning tool GT but she's not going to get any better I'm afraid. I do think that her minimal yield is still going to be some decent smoke. Her tricomes are still clear as a bell so c'est la vie and thanks GT.
What medium are you in... soil? Coco?

Irietime

Irietime

Pretty sure I had a similar issue on this plant lock out of all of the above mentioned. Ended up cutting it down a little early at 62 days
IMG 4101

hermit186

hermit186

I have a little to add here except for both of you need a root enzyme to dissolve the dead roots in the ball. As they go bad so goes your ph you need to do it twice 1/2 way thru veg and at flip and both would have had better results and cut back on the Nutrients 15%. The Ph you have under control while your growing some portion of the roots in the ball die and if no enzyme they rot, with enzyme they become food that the plant uses when it dose its spring up a week or so into flower. If you transplant you kill 10 to 20% of the roots on the outer part of the pot and if the ball brakes up pitch it out. You can smell it my greatest weapon here is a Mut (rescue dog) he can smell it before I can.
When they sour your PH is now into chase your tale and both show that. Learn how to tell when they are hungry
then add more if the guy at the snake-oil shop sells you something start at 1/2 strength if they are still hungrey then they will tell you at lights on in the first 15 min. They will be a bit drooped when the lights come on if it doesn't recover in 15 min up the food 5% until you get a quick bounce back. If your using a enzyme to dissolve your root
get pictures of the root balls cut them in 1/2 the long way and smell. If you smell anything but normal it sour already do this after every grow till you learn the roots it's where it all starts mostly.

Last edited:
Irietime

Irietime

I have a little to add here except for both of you need a root enzyme to dissolve the dead roots in the ball. As they go bad so goes your ph you need to do it twice 1/2 way thru veg and at flip and both would have had better results and cut back on the Nutrients 15%. The Ph you have under control while your growing some portion of the roots in the ball die and if no enzyme they rot, with enzyme they become food that the plant uses when it dose its spring up a week or so into flower. If you transplant you kill 10 to 20% of the roots on the outer part of the pot and if the ball brakes up pitch it out. You can smell it my greatest weapon here is a Mut (rescue dog) he can smell it before I can.
When they sour your PH is now into chase your tale and both show that. Learn how to tell when they are hungry
then add more if the guy at the snake-oil shop sells you something start at 1/2 strength if they are still hungrey then they will tell you at lights on in the first 15 min. They will be a bit drooped when the lights come on if it doesn't recover in 15 min up the food 5% until you get a quick bounce back. If your using a enzyme to dissolve your root
get pictures of the root balls cut them in 1/2 the long way and smell. If you smell anything but normal it sour already do this after every grow till you learn the roots it's where it all starts mostly.
Great info thanks. I'm gonna go smell some roots:)

hermit186

hermit186

If your able slide the pot off.

This is for both your close very close is a matter of tweaking. Most tweaking is less nutrients and when you learn about the roots. If you have a problem after week 2 of flower you blew it and just get to the door as fast as you can.
I am famous here for this I sit in the grow room after lights out and watch for light leeks. I smell each plant Pot or bring in The Mut. I also get there in the lights on just before ((my clock is reversed because of heat) I sit drink beer and watch plants. There is so much you can learn about your plants right then. I need food too much light I am dry
I don't respond to the light fastest enough. These are the roots talking not the plant.
For the one using drip trays if there is Any water standing in for more than 15 min and then it dryes and 2maro we do it again and again. Right there is part of your problem weed dose not deal with wet feet well. and as the liquid evaporates the nutrients stay and get stronger and stronger takes several weeks about 1 week into flower. When you right before you start to show the serge up the plant is pulling all that crap from the bowl below it and the cure is easy. Seamadian was who help me thru several of these until savagehenery in a not related post made a comment about sudden nutrient freek out.

Planter01

Planter01

Sup.. I'm growing in a combination of Promix with mycorrhizae and Forest Farm at a 75/25 ratio. There is also 5 pounds of each blood meal and bone meal. The water coming out of the Koi pond has a ph of about 6. Just about all the water the girls get is in the former of a weak seaweed tea. I was gifted samples of Aurora Soul, infinity, and PK so that's what I've given them. Sadly I'm now nuteless so I'll throw molasses at all of them for a week or two and them finish up with h2o. The plant in question smells particularly nice and it's just too late to do anything about her condition. I will try to pull the pot off the root ball to see if she's rotting from the inside out. Out of the 13 plants I have I only have doubles of one. Chicle number one was actually root pruned on day 21 of veg. I can't see the difference that i was hoping for from that "experiment". Wow... that was long winded. Sorry.

Irietime

Irietime

@Planter01 sorry for riding up on your thread, I'm just having some similar issues. I checked my roots they smelled of fresh dirt, no funky smells. Roots look pretty good to. I'm still thinking there was some lock out of some sort, potassium?cal?iron? Maybe all of the above and more. The issue all started when I began flowering nutes, before that I watered with ewc tea with kelp and fish, had lush green plants. Something went astray with the flowering nutes. I used roots organics Buddha bloom and hp2 bloom booster. Maybe to much
IMG 4117

Planter01

Planter01

Hope aboard Irie. I'm not overly bummed my brudda cause 11 out of 12 are looking fine. The bummer is I JUST figured out I only have 12 and not 13 as I thought. It looks like the Critical Jack Auto will be ash and I still won't know what her problem was. Sometimes you get a bad seed. C'est la vie. I did think there was an outside chance that she had root rot issues so I gently slipped her out of her pot as Hermit suggested but her roots smell fresh and clean. IF ANYTHING THERE WERE NOT AS MANY ROOTS AS I HAD EXPECTED. I was certain she was at least going to be pot bound to some degree but nope.
20170305 213606

20170305 213709

hermit186

hermit186

What is the white stuff in the bottom it should not be there. I don't no how to explain except the roots are not above it much. I believe it is adsorbing the water then holding while the ball drains. Any material that will absorbe water away from the ball if its a paper or a fabric material how was it made. When your done cut the tap root out and if its not straight and heads toward that white mass. There is that plants problem.
The reason I say that had girlfriend that used the dog dipper drop pads incase the pot over filled she had good plants till 2 week of flower then went down in 5 days. when the plant surges up it also has to have the roots to make the plant went they got to the puppy pad the plant crashed.
I sterilize everything I plant in and therefore the enzymes are also dead then I add one of the micro nutrients and root dissolver. If the cloth is the problem it will be full of young and dead roots. That ball just need enzymes and
everything that is not touching the pot should be white and even a bit brown but that root ball is your problem.
Now all you have is to fix the problem there are several threads about roots. Do you add that to all or just this one?????????????

See the brown in the plastic tray is not good at all for a plant shifting to flower that is sucking everthing up.

hermit186

hermit186

I have said this a bunch of time it's a weed and will grow without all that chemistry.
If fact will grow without you and in some cases better. Put all that money your wasting in a botany class instead of killing you plants with snake-oil salesman junk that usually causes more problems than it fixes.
Auto Flower at flip if you miss anything they are gone before you can change it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom