whats the goin rate for trimmers this year?

• Thread starter CBF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FarmerFro

We get paid per gram... fortyfour to fifty cents a gram is average. Depends on the bud, etc.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

How is the trim job machine vs paid hand trim?

Do you guys thing trimming by hand wet or dry is quicker?

Has any one try Dry buds in a trimmer?

Been using my spin pro but having to go threw and my hand has some problems. Cant be clipping for 10 mins with out having to take a break. Sucks to think how much I had done before my hand problems. WHERE IS MY MEDS!!!! MY HAND HURTS!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wanna pay by weight this year...Paying by the hour...didn't work out real well with my crew last year.

I want the trimmers to be happy...because I need them to come back...

Im willing to pay my people $200 per pound....or maybe even $15 per zip.

But How do you figure the weight while the buds are still wet?
Cant really wait till its dry to figure out how much to pay em...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It's quite interesting. Wages have definitely fallen since this thread started a few years ago. I've never been a trimmer or had a need to hire them. I know a friend of mine took a major hour slash over the past few years. She was getting about 25/hr a while back and that is somewhere around 12-15 now. Luckily she had an exit strategy.

outwest

K

kolah

I was just recently offered 15 bucks an hour and took the work. He also threw us some freebies (the scissor hash) But there was way too much chatter from the other trimmers and too much girl-talk from the women there. I really dislike trimming dry or even semi-dry and all the buds, fan leaves, etc are stuck to each other.

Blaze

Blaze

Here in NorCal the going rate has been usually $15-$20 an hour, or $150-$200 per lb to trim from what I have seen. Paying by the hour usually end badly though - only do that for stuff like helping harvest, etc, not the actual trimming. Since most growers incomes has been cut a lot over the last decade or so, the trimming wages have had to be cut as well for most folks. Thing of it this way: Back in the 90's one could still get $4,000 per lb for outdoor fairly easily and $200-$250 per lb was a pretty normal rate for trimming. Now a days most outdoor goes for $1200-$1600 average - maybe more if you have a good hook up. If trimming wages had been adjusted proportionately the trimmers would be getting about $70 per lb or about $8 per hour now, so I have a hard time feeling sorry for trimmers who complain. It is menial work after all. From what I hear a lot of the big legal med grows in CO pay their trimmers $10 an hour - plus it gets taxed. So $15 an hour tax free is pretty darn good IMO, especially with the current state of the job market in NorCal.

Resinable

Resinable

By the hour or by the pound . . . it's a trade off. By the hour they might slack and not stay on task; by the pound they manhandled and cherry pick your buds and are incentivized for speed.

I like by the hour if you can trust them to do a good job and not slack; I'd rather pay a bit more for an immaculate trim job . . . it really makes a difference on the finished product.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Here in NorCal the going rate has been usually $15-$20 an hour, or $150-$200 per lb to trim from what I have seen. Paying by the hour usually end badly though - only do that for stuff like helping harvest, etc, not the actual trimming. Since most growers incomes has been cut a lot over the last decade or so, the trimming wages have had to be cut as well for most folks. Thing of it this way: Back in the 90's one could still get $4,000 per lb for outdoor fairly easily and $200-$250 per lb was a pretty normal rate for trimming. Now a days most outdoor goes for $1200-$1600 average - maybe more if you have a good hook up. If trimming wages had been adjusted proportionately the trimmers would be getting about $70 per lb or about $8 per hour now, so I have a hard time feeling sorry for trimmers who complain. It is menial work after all. From what I hear a lot of the big legal med grows in CO pay their trimmers $10 an hour - plus it gets taxed. So $15 an hour tax free is pretty darn good IMO, especially with the current state of the job market in NorCal.

Wow 10-99 forms for trimmers, yeah right . That couldn’t be further from the truth, not saying it aint right but maybe 1 in a 100 do and I bet that’s a generous guess. If 15-20 per hour is too much than get out of the game. It's absolute shit work that NOBODY would do if not for getting paid in cash or trade (meds). I know I only do it because I have to, and family and friends only help because they get compensated.

That being said here in socal 7-8 guys and usually an 8 hour day and they get plenty of food,drinks and snacks. They end up with an oz each as opposed to cash, I suppose if they wanted cash value it would be 200 for the day per person although they never choose that. Maybe a bit high but they all fight for a seat for the next take down.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Depends on indoor or outdoor. It is not feasible to grow outdoor, sell it for 14 a p and pay 200 for trimming. That means that the grower gets 1200 for all of the soil, nutrients, time, and cost as far as rent/mortgage are concerned that is just too big of a percentage for someone who only has to show up at the end, and honestly during harvest season things are dropping closer to 1 g/p therefore allowing the trimmer to make 20 percent of gross, just not possible. Depending on location and amount of indoor being produced it seems that 200 a p is much more reasonable, if you get 25 for your indoor 200 is less than 10 percent of gross, a lot more manageable. I think things will be getting to 100 a p in cali this year, that is my guess.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just watch, people will say they can't work for less than $20-25/hr and they will watch themselves get replaced by twister machines for outdoor, some of these trimmers hopefully will work harder as they see machines replace them...
I mean a good trimmer can make 5-6k a month easy during harvest and if they work for 3 months straight, that's as much as many people make in a year(after taxes)...and they got 9 months to figure out a way to make more money...
The good trimmers will be in demand, but these groups of transients sitting around looking for trim work will be screwed due to the new tech savvy trim machines.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I know people who work 7 days a week for 8 weeks straight and make a killing. They actually knock out 8-10hrs a day every day...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Let's think about it, 9 months off, 3 months worked, you work hard for 3 months and get 9 off to go travel thailand and various spots...they find motivation. Yeah, it's mindless work but takes certain people that can sit for that long and keep going....socal isn't filled with those trimmers...;)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah I saw some people kill it last year, its all based on the method and the trim manager. First, if you are paying people per unit you should pre separate the product....give everybody their own tubs with equal big and smalls, to keep things fair and move faster. That goes for food and drink too. I saw people work all day everyday and barely get a full p trimmed because of drinking too much beer and fucking around with "trim circle discussions". On the other hand, i saw a kid who put his head down, barely drank any beer and cleared 4500 in ten days!! Seriously, if you are a great trimmer and have the availability to stay employed for two or three months, you can make more than many growers with so much less stress and risk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom