Whats the PH you use for Soil? heat pads?

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

I'm curious what PH everyone tries to keep their soil at? specifically the exact ph, not really looking for wide ranges (ie: 6.5-7.0) also, i'm curious if anyone aerates their water before watering and if that has a positive effect on the growth of the plant, I was also curious about the necessity of heat pads?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I'm curious what PH everyone tries to keep their soil at? specifically the exact ph, not really looking for wide ranges (ie: 6.5-7.0) also, i'm curious if anyone aerates their water before watering and if that has a positive effect on the growth of the plant, I was also curious about the necessity of heat pads?

Dont have the ability to accurately measure my soil's exact ph, but I shoot for 6.0 or 6.5, which is what i can deduce from my shake liquid.

Heat pads for clones and seedlings, after they're past a few nodes and drying the soil out nice and smoothly pad isn't needed anymore. I've actually found on bigger plants recently it can contribute to excess moisture in the rootzone, equally some of the bottom most roots being very browned.

Seedlings and clones looooove a heating pad, especially in the winter!

Hope this helped!:banana1sv6:

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The pH of your soil is not nearly as important as you might think it is. So long as it remain under 7 your pH is fine. There is no exact pH you want your soil to be at. It is more important to make sure you have a healthy living soil. If you have a proper living soil you have mycorrhizae, trichoderma, and bacteria living and thriving in your soil and those micro beasties are what will really make your plants productive and healthy. They will also keep the pH around your root zone at a healthy level. So don't fret about pH in your soil, just don't over-do it with the nutrient and you will be fine. I honestly cannot remember the last time I even checked the pH of my soil.

As for heating pads ogplatinum gave the best answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom