What's the real deal with Terps

• Thread starter Saul.Goodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I follow a lot of clubs and forums and Terps seem to be the big thing with herb currently.

Now I know that not all herb tastes the same when smoked and how it's smoked also impacts the flavor. I just ordered a Dynavap T.E.D. to try out (Just shipped so I haven't received it yet). I've never used one before or smoked that way so it'll be a new experience for me.

But my thought is, I've never smoked weed that tastes anything like Skittles for example...ever. I've smoked A LOT of different types of herb too. I've also never tasted any herb that tastes like grapes, citrus, mint or any of the other various flavors I've read about.

This seems kind of similar to wine snobs (no offence to those who enjoy wine enough to notice such differences) who get oak, cheese or cigar flavors or smells from wine. I feel that I have a better than average pallette yet I'm never getting any of these amazing and magical flavors out of the herb I smoke.

What's the deal? What's your stance on the subject?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Might be the source and maybe weird no no performed during the dry and cure. I use to feel the same way about how everything is labeled with flavors and was like “um wheres the blueberry??”
and than one time for whatever unknown reason lol I got stuff from Berkshire roots it was their own grown orange chameleon and holy shit it was like chewing oranges the flavor was mind blowing. So who knows, their could be lots of factors involved

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I understand that the terpenes add flavor and aroma, but what I have discovered is that the terpenes are very beneficial for people using Cannabis for medical reasons. I think this is why terpenes are all the rage right now, and they should be. Soon, and very soon, Cannabis breeders will all supply terpene profiles for all their strains. I recently did a spending spree on seeds looking for strains that are anti cancer. I did not consider anything that did not have a terpene profile so I could see what I am getting.

All plants have terpene profiles so scientists know a lot about them and have learned that different terpenes have different, and sometimes overlapping medicinal qualities. Those seeking medicinal cannabis can benefit greatly by selecting strains that are high in the terpene that help their particular conditions.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Zkittlez terps are strong and fruity.
Everyone has tasted lemon citrus bud no?
Original blueberry definitely tasted like blueberry.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
All plants have terpene profiles so scientists know a lot about them and have learned that different terpenes have different, and sometimes overlapping medicinal qualities. Those seeking medicinal cannabis can benefit greatly by selecting strains that are high in the terpene that help their particular conditions.
Fair enough, I hadn't considered the medicinal community. I was actually just reading:

Which does go into more of what you said specifically on a Terp to Terp basis.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Screenshot 20220115 080650 Chrome

Tcnchw

Tcnchw

You're going to love your dynavap. I have two and use them for 99 percent of my cannabis consumption. Save the ABV (vaped flower) and make oil with it. I use the ABV oil as a sleep aid.

If there are terpines in your bud you will certainly taste them with your vape.

growsince79

growsince79

I follow a lot of clubs and forums and Terps seem to be the big thing with herb currently.

Now I know that not all herb tastes the same when smoked and how it's smoked also impacts the flavor. I just ordered a Dynavap T.E.D. to try out (Just shipped so I haven't received it yet). I've never used one before or smoked that way so it'll be a new experience for me.

But my thought is, I've never smoked weed that tastes anything like Skittles for example...ever. I've smoked A LOT of different types of herb too. I've also never tasted any herb that tastes like grapes, citrus, mint or any of the other various flavors I've read about.

This seems kind of similar to wine snobs (no offence to those who enjoy wine enough to notice such differences) who get oak, cheese or cigar flavors or smells from wine. I feel that I have a better than average pallette yet I'm never getting any of these amazing and magical flavors out of the herb I smoke.

What's the deal? What's your stance on the subject?
Sounds like you need to find a better place to shop; or better yet, grow your own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom