What's The Story With The Reeferman?

• Thread starter SmokyPockets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

What's up Farmers, I was wondering what is the story with Reeferman . What I do know : he is responsible for a shocking amount of crosses, something happened to him( I have read meltdown , but not sure what that entails) , someone else is trying to sell gear marketed as his , and now he is releasing stuff through bcbd.... And in the picture of the bcbd ad he looks like a whipped dog. I'm sure some of you well known farmers , and or Canadiens can shed some light on this situation . I want to find more info, it seems like someone responsible for so much would be held in higher regard, but most people , from what I have read, think he sucks now.what is the story? And is there any chance of finding any of his older gear? Thanks everyone

C

CBGB

I have a buddy in the PNW who has been chatting with him through email. Reeferman said he had some of his old mothers left to work with and the rest were from his seed stock. He's also vending from his homepage. I've had some of the best plants in my rooms come from his seed. But his g13 haze sucked it was a waste of time. But that's the only let down I've had from his genetics.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i dont know much other than the bombings in the 90's(that were sent to him/white supremacist shit)..the fact he has a decent genetic list...or had i should say...i thought he was working for big pharma or something, no? i had heard him say (within the last 2 years) that he dislikes a lot of the strains he makes, but is contracted to do so, so he has no choice...sounds like he has/was working for someone else...always sucks when working for someone else, not much freedom

no idea if he is still a white supremacist or if he changed his ways...but i know i could never support a kkk sympathizer or a member either..i mean the damn fool was from BS and travelled all the way to idaho for a white supremacist meeting...thats pretty hardcore if you ask me..that was in the 90's, like i said i dont know where his mind is today...

he is a member at icmag forums, under the name charles-scott, his real name

alaskind

alaskind

I chat with him often, on ICmag, and FB.... he loves his herb, no doubt. Also according to him, he has a cut of BB that hes thinkin is the best hes ever had, and is going to start working with it. Im stoked cause the strongest pot I ever had was a cross of G-13 x BB by him in 03... anyhow I think hes a real breeder.... a lot of Derrys strains from "Barneys" come from Charles... he and Derry have split ways tho.... I really enjoy the dude, myself and he seems legit to me.He is sending me his personal cut of Harmony, Ill be doing a growlog here in the near future, and like they say, the proof is in the pudding... :D

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

also he has family that works at bcbd, so it stands to reason he sells there ;)
since you talk to him, do you happen to know if he is past all that shit from the 90's? i would hope so...times evolve and so do ppl....hope he has also

imo, as good as a breeder can be, he can only be as good as his genetic stock.....from what i know he no longer has much of his original stock from the 90's...but has a few of them still, just not many like he did

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Whoa !! Lots of stuff there, thanks guys for chiming in. Glad to hear about his strains, but yeah , the other shit is fucked. @Joe Fresh , thanks for the info on the white supremacist stuff, that would explain the negativity that abounds. I'm with you on that , I wouldn't back him or send him money now . The question is , has anyone else worked his lines ?

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Whoa !! Lots of stuff there, thanks guys for chiming in. Glad to hear about his strains, but yeah , the other shit is fucked. @Joe Fresh , thanks for the info on the white supremacist stuff, that would explain the negativity that abounds. I'm with you on that , I wouldn't back him or send him money now . The question is , has anyone else worked his lines ?
like i said, it was in the 90's...

dont know where his mind is today....im white, my gf is black, i believe in equal rights, and cant deal with ppl who are racist, just lost a good friend because of his views on other ppl and other nationalities...

that being said, i dont know reeferman personally, and he very well could have changed...i dont know...thats why i was asking alaskind

alaskind

alaskind

since you talk to him, do you happen to know if he is past all that shit from the 90's? i would hope so...times evolve and so do ppl....hope he has also

imo, as good as a breeder can be, he can only be as good as his genetic stock.....from what i know he no longer has much of his original stock from the 90's...but has a few of them still, just not many like he did
Well, actually I havent asked him bout his trble in the past..... Im about the seeds more than the breeder.... anyhow I think he has many of his original stuff, but like many breeders, he is staying current by working with strains the market demands. He also has mentioned moving back to the prairie and also that he has recovered a few older strains from folks that he gave cuts to. I personally have made some HUGE moral changes since the 90s myself, so I find it hard to justify condemnation against a dude because of some stuff i heard about on the interwebs......

alaskind

alaskind

This was just posted on his FB wall.... I dunno guys I think U could just ask him his racial position.... hes not stuck up at all like a few "breeders" that Ive met..... just be willing to look for yourselves.... imho of course...
Upload 2015 5 20 7 57 39

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Ya know, you guys are right, I should be more open minded. It's a tuff thing though, my gut reaction is fuck that guy, but yeah people learn and change. Especially that racist shit, I'm a skateboarder and in the 90s the punk/ hardcore scene overlapped with the skinheads , it was stupid but a few people I knew got into it. But just as fast , grew out of it and started going to see Dave Mathews or some other stupid trend.... Anyway, thanks guys , I will be more open to this dude and his projects

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

This was just posted on his FB wall.... I dunno guys I think U could just ask him his racial position.... hes not stuck up at all like a few "breeders" that Ive met..... just be willing to look for yourselves.... imho of course...View attachment 510775
well ive never spoke to him, and its not an issue where i feel i need to hunt him down to talk to him, i mean if he showed up in a thread i was following, then id be glad to chat him up a bit...but figured since you were talking with him it would be easier to just talk to you lol

alaskind

alaskind

He seems full of love for the herb, willing to give genetics to people, and seems full of kindness not hate.... as a person weighing in on his character, thats all Ive seen in the time Ive personally known him. The seeds of his Ive grown in the past performed as advertised with the exception of Williams Wonder. (Its sucked, but truth be told I only had one plant ) I think he is pursuing new strains and still selling some older standbys.... Ill also say that he has told me personally of recovering a cpl strains from friends he gifted cuts to previously (which may be why hes willing to share cuts ect). Decent dude IMHO and way less stuck up than some of the breeders here Ive tried to chat with, only to be sent to a corner lol......

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

He seems full of love for the herb, willing to give genetics to people, and seems full of kindness not hate.... as a person weighing in on his character, thats all Ive seen in the time Ive personally known him. The seeds of his Ive grown in the past performed as advertised with the exception of Williams Wonder. (Its sucked, but truth be told I only had one plant ) I think he is pursuing new strains and still selling some older standbys.... Ill also say that he has told me personally of recovering a cpl strains from friends he gifted cuts to previously (which may be why hes willing to share cuts ect). Decent dude IMHO and way less stuck up than some of the breeders here Ive tried to chat with, only to be sent to a corner lol......
cool beans...next time you talk to him, tell him to pass by the farm, i dont hit up ic much anymore these days, ever since that shit with rez and gypsy, its just not the same

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Will do, I used to love IC, and before that Overgrow, but I was locked up during the rez and gypsy thing.... that place is full of kids battling bout whos dad is a better grower/breeder ect for me anymore.....
ya thats why i dont go there much anymore...too much shit happened, now its all new members that seem like they have never grown...seems like more of a smoke lounge with daycare than a grow site

Top Bottom