• Thread starter TimboSlice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your new growth is looking good..
i don’t have a certain time when i transplant, usually after the lights been on a few hours..

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

It's been 9 days since an update

both plants had 2 mild Feeds in that time.

Turned light up to 100% now too.

The auto it still ahead on development although the Photo has caught up in width and height.

When do I begin / should I begin LST for both Auto & Photo?

I'd rather have a fuller plant than a tall plant.

Should I start a newer, better named thread?
'Auto vs Photo'?

Tips and tricks gratefully received.

New pics added enjoy!

20220205 182023
20220205 182019
20220205 182014
20220205 182038
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It's been 9 days since an update

both plants had 2 mild Feeds in that time.

Turned light up to 100% now too.

The auto it still ahead on development although the Photo has caught up in width and height.

When do I begin / should I begin LST for both Auto & Photo?

I'd rather have a fuller plant than a tall plant.

Should I start a newer, better named thread?
'Auto vs Photo'?

Tips and tricks gratefully received.

New pics added enjoy!
well for the photo you can just tie the top over to the side while having support for the stalk to stay straight..
that’s how i did this grow

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

They look great thanks for that!
How old are they?
And it doesn't look like you have defoliated yeti? Do you and if so when?
I look forward to when my country relaxes its laws and I can grow like that!

I think I'm going to give the both of them a bending then.

Things seem to get very over complicated with some growerinitially seems with LST and defoliating.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They look great thanks for that!
How old are they?
And it doesn't look like you have defoliated yeti? Do you and if so when?
I look forward to when my country relaxes its laws and I can grow like that!

I think I'm going to give the both of them a bending then.

Things seem to get very over complicated with some growerinitially seems with LST and defoliating.
there’s many ways to LST and all are fine, the way i mentioned shouldn’t slow growth or shock her..
and as branches grow a little higher than others than tie those to an open area..
no i don’t defoliant or any of that, just keep them firing on all cylinders 24/7…

C

Christos1974

Would you recommend cutting my loses and just getting a few nice feminized seeds
Hey Timbo, how are you doing? I'm a new grower myself but I have friends that have been growing for over 40 years. I asked them about autoflowers and they advise against it, albeit everyone has different opinions on the matter. Autoflowers have ruderalis which is what makes them flower so quickly, essentially you're watering down your cannabis plant. I would stick with feminized seeds and if you want to finish the plant quicker just don't veg as long and flip the light, you'd be better off. Again, opinions differ on the subject but whatever you choose please keep posting pics and progress and I wish you the best of luck.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

On the left is a Photo Period P. Punch

On the right Auto GSC

Both seeds were put to water at same time.

Clearly the one on the right / the auto is significantly ahead a looks a champion where as my female looks like a lame duck.

Approx 10 days since put to the cup and under light.

Light is a ts1000

Had 2 waterings with nutes.

In a 1L mix

Canna a + b 3ml each
Advanced nutrients Cal mag 2ml
Advanced nutrient Bud candy 2ml
Advanced nutrients Voodoo juice 4ml
Advanced nutrients B52 4ml

Light schedule 18:6

Idea was keep auto in with female as long as possible.
I wanted to give female a nice long veg anyway, I'm in no hurry.

Questions would be:

Why is the female deformed?

If I give her all my care and attention, will she still bare fruit?

Any tips, criticisms would also be gratefully received.

Peace out and thanks in advance

TimboView attachment 1209297View attachment 1209298View attachment 1209299
If you are going to be using advanced nutrients grow line. The 1st thing to take into account is their instructions on their app is made for hydroponics. They still haven't given recommendations on their app for soil use.
I used advanced nutrient ph perfect line with ocean forest I don't start week 1 feeds until 2 weeks in the solo cup, or 2 weeks after I transfer. I also start at week 1 nutrients for 3 liters and I use a gallon of water. Which dilute the 3 liters of solution with .75 l of plan water.
Also just because the bottle says ph perfect doesn't mean it adjusts perfect still check your ph.
I would get your auto into a bigger pot asap because those things are highly temperamental. Once the get root lock they will be stunted

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

there’s many ways to LST and all are fine, the way i mentioned shouldn’t slow growth or shock her..
and as branches grow a little higher than others than tie those to an open area..
no i don’t defoliant or any of that, just keep them firing on all cylinders 24/7…
Sounds good, I'd rather not defoliate and mess around with the plant too much, let it be the plant it wants to be, just want to be helping it along the way!

I've done it in the past and now really reaped the benefit I don't think.

I'm assuming you defoliate when it come to flower though? to expose the flower sites?

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Hey Timbo, how are you doing? I'm a new grower myself but I have friends that have been growing for over 40 years. I asked them about autoflowers and they advise against it, albeit everyone has different opinions on the matter. Autoflowers have ruderalis which is what makes them flower so quickly, essentially you're watering down your cannabis plant. I would stick with feminized seeds and if you want to finish the plant quicker just don't veg as long and flip the light, you'd be better off. Again, opinions differ on the subject but whatever you choose please keep posting pics and progress and I wish you the best of luck.
Cheers for the response. Glad you've joined us!

As mentioned, these were two seeds I had left, both freebies so I thought why not just give them a go!

As an amatuer grower, I thought it would be educational to have both, to see difference ect.

I've only grown auto before as I just wanted an easy start, but I understand that true photo females will give the best results!

The female is actually doing fair better than originally anticipated, she was just an ugly runt to start with but is coming on well now!

I'm hopefully going to keep this going until the day we have a first smoke from her!

Happy viewing

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

If you are going to be using advanced nutrients grow line. The 1st thing to take into account is their instructions on their app is made for hydroponics. They still haven't given recommendations on their app for soil use.
I used advanced nutrient ph perfect line with ocean forest I don't start week 1 feeds until 2 weeks in the solo cup, or 2 weeks after I transfer. I also start at week 1 nutrients for 3 liters and I use a gallon of water. Which dilute the 3 liters of solution with .75 l of plan water.
Also just because the bottle says ph perfect doesn't mean it adjusts perfect still check your ph.
I would get your auto into a bigger pot asap because those things are highly temperamental. Once the get root lock they will be stunted
Cheers pal!

You might see on the next page(s) of this thread, the plants were repotted unto 3 gallon fabric pots.

Also growing in Cana Coco Coir, which A.N. do give dosages for working in Coco.

I'm using Canna A+B as the base to feed.

regarding A.N. I am using recommended dosage advised by advanced nutrients which is like 2ml per Litre for most of their products. But then adding 50% pure water again on top of feed to water the solution down more.

Again I'm definitely not over feeding I dont think, giving it atleast 3-4 days between at the moment.

Currently not been testing run off for PH, tbh not entirely sure how to with fabric pots.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Sounds good, I'd rather not defoliate and mess around with the plant too much, let it be the plant it wants to be, just want to be helping it along the way!

I've done it in the past and now really reaped the benefit I don't think.

I'm assuming you defoliate when it come to flower though? to expose the flower sites?
no i rarely ever doing anything other than bending, some LST and or HST..
but i never defoliant or lollipop etc.,
nothing wrong with those methods..
i just try to keep them as healthy as possible till the finish..
no bro science with my grows..
i want all the resin i can get as i make hashish and oil, i don’t smoke weed..

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

Cheers pal!

You might see on the next page(s) of this thread, the plants were repotted unto 3 gallon fabric pots.

Also growing in Cana Coco Coir, which A.N. do give dosages for working in Coco.

I'm using Canna A+B as the base to feed.

regarding A.N. I am using recommended dosage advised by advanced nutrients which is like 2ml per Litre for most of their products. But then adding 50% pure water again on top of feed to water the solution down more.

Again I'm definitely not over feeding I dont think, giving it atleast 3-4 days between at the moment.

Currently not been testing run off for PH, tbh not entirely sure how to with fabric pots.
My bad I am still getting use to this site.

Madbud

Madbud

I weigh solo cups to water correctly. A fresh cup of soil weighs around 175 grams. Water when it drops below 150. A ml of water weighs a gram.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
heres an oddity...

the auto is said to be time driven, the photo is light driven. there are many magical and mystifying things that can increase/decrease both time sets

im doing some work with transplanting autos, one of the first things i noticed is when you transplant it is obvious that time is not the only influence. it revolves around the roots filling the space prior to the clock starting. what little research is there seems to indicate this isnt ruled out, and that it is about a hormone that gets turned on at some point. ive approached it in a few ways, with varying but indicative results, the only thing i can say for sure is its roots have to turn on the timer. im trying to get to how much and stops/starts and trimming roots effects. but it is fun, interesting and something to do!

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

heres an oddity...

the auto is said to be time driven, the photo is light driven. there are many magical and mystifying things that can increase/decrease both time sets

im doing some work with transplanting autos, one of the first things i noticed is when you transplant it is obvious that time is not the only influence. it revolves around the roots filling the space prior to the clock starting. what little research is there seems to indicate this isnt ruled out, and that it is about a hormone that gets turned on at some point. ive approached it in a few ways, with varying but indicative results, the only thing i can say for sure is its roots have to turn on the timer. im trying to get to how much and stops/starts and trimming roots effects. but it is fun, interesting and something to do!
I won't pretend like I completely followed you there, there is alot to horticulture I've yet to learn, but you seem to be confident so far so carry on and maybe you can teach me us all something new 😉

Bit of side note if you don't mind, and you seem knowledgeable, Ive had a Vietnamese Corriander Plant for about 5 years which got badly damaged when accidently dug up.

I've managed to save / bring to life 2 branches from it, I've never known a plant to be so hardy, thirsty and productive it's literally been my favourite plant for years.

I'm about to put these to soil, how would I multiply these?? Clone even??
I've transplanted cuttings before and they just stayed single shoot.

They keep growing taller, but if you top them they will replenish their lower leaves. They just never really multiply.

Random I know but maybe you'd have a tip

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
those type plants can be grown by seed or rooting the cuttings. as a matter of fact, i have grown it in a cup of water (too lazy)

the trick is to plant in bunches, like all the parsley types. they have tiny seeds, when they fall you get lots of stems to grow, so like bunches all around the one plant come up next year.

and add to the trick, and i find this with most things (havent tried it with pot) dead head them, cook with them and just cut back to 6-8 inches tall and they grow again and you use them again.

mom always called them trees because that is how they grow. the other way to use them is to plant a bunch, cut them, cut the top 5 inches off that and plant it back right where you got them. no need to root, they will just root. not in direct sun, most things wont make roots if they are trying to grow to the light

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

those type plants can be grown by seed or rooting the cuttings. as a matter of fact, i have grown it in a cup of water (too lazy)

the trick is to plant in bunches, like all the parsley types. they have tiny seeds, when they fall you get lots of stems to grow, so like bunches all around the one plant come up next year.

and add to the trick, and i find this with most things (havent tried it with pot) dead head them, cook with them and just cut back to 6-8 inches tall and they grow again and you use them again.

mom always called them trees because that is how they grow. the other way to use them is to plant a bunch, cut them, cut the top 5 inches off that and plant it back right where you got them. no need to root, they will just root. not in direct sun, most things wont make roots if they are trying to grow to the light
The dead stalks of the old plant have started sprouting little leaves I'm delighted ahaa!!! Added my cuttings to the pot, hopefully I'll have me a wee bush in a few weeks!

Then I will do as you say, When I have the length, I will cut and re-plant until I've filled the planter again! Cheers

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

UPDATE + QUESTION FOR THE VIEWERS!!

The Beauties have been moved into their new forever home.

AUTO is really starting fill out and lots of sites popping up
With it being an Auto + Approx 3.5 weeks old, I'm assuming it'll flip to flower a week or so.

I'm going to keep the photo in veg until the Auto has finished meaning like 9-10 week veg.

QUESTION - I think I know the answer, but as shown the is a Picture of the Photo, showing a little burn / discolouration on the leaf tips.

(((""discoloration"" in case your from the States, I'd hate for you to not understand 😉)))

Photo also a little droopy compared to the Auto.

Light has been backed, will just give water on its next feed.

TIPS AND CRITICISMS ALWAYS WELCOME

20220209 171944
20220209 171951
20220209 171954
20220209 172049
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
UPDATE + QUESTION FOR THE VIEWERS!!

The Beauties have been moved into their new forever home.

AUTO is really starting fill out and lots of sites popping up
With it being an Auto + Approx 3.5 weeks old, I'm assuming it'll flip to flower a week or so.

I'm going to keep the photo in veg until the Auto has finished meaning like 9-10 week veg.

QUESTION - I think I know the answer, but as shown the is a Picture of the Photo, showing a little burn / discolouration on the leaf tips.

(((""discoloration"" in case your from the States, I'd hate for you to not understand 😉)))

Photo also a little droopy compared to the Auto.

Light has been backed, will just give water on its next feed.

TIPS AND CRITICISMS ALWAYS WELCOME
just keep going and don’t try to push them as in the light being too close and watering/feeding to frequently..

Latest posts

Top Bottom