Whats wrong!??

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzworth

Dizzworth

I currently switched back to 6 inch rockwool with an ebb and flow, flood and drain system. My plants just do not look to hot. Im fairly sure that its from overwatering but i wanted to get others opinions. The plants roots are busting through the rockwool and growing into the cocomat at this point in time. i was taught to start watering once a day for 15 min at this point in time. Correct? SHould the rockwool dry out at all? Wanna get this worked out!!!

Whats wrong
Whats wrong 2
Whats wrong 3
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

DOn't think its overwatering if you are just flooding once a day for 15 minutes. Looks like a PH issue to me. DO you have a PH meter? If so what is your PH.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

You might want to flush them babies with ph`d ro and start a mild feeding like half strength until they start to bounce back than start normal feeding. RW gets overwatered easily and salts bulid up easily. Another good thing to run if running RW is H&G`s Drip clean. This product keeps the salt build up in check. I have a few pots with RW croutons love those things.The plants in croutons are really working hard right before the pot is totally dry. Gotta be carefull running RW a lil on the dry side though.

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

DOn't think its overwatering if you are just flooding once a day for 15 minutes. Looks like a PH issue to me. DO you have a PH meter? If so what is your PH.
My ph has been a consistent 5.8-6.2 everytime so thats why i didnt think it was a ph problem. But come to find out i think there was a problem with my meter so that could be it. Flushed the plants out with some clear x today so hopefully they will bounce back soon!!! :evilgrin0040:

N

Nilzar

It does look like ph rather then nute burn. But if your right at 5.8-6.2 you should have no problems, unless your meter is that far off. Have you had it calibrated lately?

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

yea bro get your meter calibrated and you will be lovin life again and my experience with rockwool is it does better at a lower ph like 5.5-5.7

peace-goodcat

Top Bottom