Whats your choice silica additive?

• Thread starter TheBadChoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Title explains the question, just curious on what people use and like. Ive tried a variety my self, currently using blue planets gold shield and its decent, price wise not so much compared to others sadly.

S

sparky43

Title explains the question, just curious on what people use and like. Ive tried a variety my self, currently using blue planets gold shield and its decent, price wise not so much compared to others sadly.
Grower's Choice is the brand I think. Found it on Amazon that seems to be the same as higher priced versions. Seems to work. The stems fattened right up and the plants seem better supported.
I read a thread where to poster said that silica grows more stem than bud and cutting it out enables more bud. Can't go along with that in my situation as the buds flop all over. I do cut down in flowering though to 2ml/gal. I use 5ml in veg. this last time.

D

dean1963

is there an issue with your girls or do you just want to add silica just because you read something on the internet?

Tatace

Tatace

Personally, in hydroponics I am happy with the silica of advanced hydroponics, a bit expensive but very concentrated. However I plan to switch to potassium silicate, extremely cheap and also excellent as a pH up.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

One company i did try was raw and the raw silica was confusing to me cause it never changed the ph.
And on the other note to whomever posted it, ive done test grow side by side and silica is a real thing but its understanding it time structure and using it properly so many people lock out nutes and etc because of basic mixing mistakes but As a person who like using coco and testing it side by side, the natural gnats in coco that come in everthing and plus they love coco i have seen plants without silica would attract more and not have the natural pest resistance that silica gives to the cell walls so yeah no internet reading blah blah im old school i learn from personal experiences and also its noticeable in other plants i do in my garden like cucumbers peas and corn.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Personally, in hydroponics I am happy with the silica of advanced hydroponics, a bit expensive but very concentrated. However I plan to switch to potassium silicate, extremely cheap and also excellent as a pH up.
I will agree GH amr si is strong, 1 ml per 3.78liters 1 gallon"" shows it self in the ppm and ph change but also works as a good bloom booster being 0-0-2 and growth in stem strength i noticed when i used it was bigger than others but lol most others are only 0-0-1 or .5 lol

G

GoldenDragon

Mills. They do two types, one is refined from sand and clay and is a version you crush down and mix into the top layer of soils and coco. Very strong and lasts long as you dont need much. The other version they do is very expensive but is in a highly concentrated liquid form were you need afew drops. Ive seen plants infected will allsorts of pest like brad mites and russet mites and when reglarly fed with the liquid silica they have a hard time with the plant and the plants just outgrow any damage they do as if they are laughing at them. Its good stuff.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
is there an issue with your girls or do you just want to add silica just because you read something on the internet?
i use silica with every single plant every grow

i prefer

i just picked this one up for the current grow, i am going to use it on the clones that i took from my last grow to see if there's a change since the NPK is different

7munkee

7munkee

I added rice hulls to my soil last year and 2 cycles later I bought some Silica Boost from Bloom City. I use it twice per cycle now at 5ml/gallon. Its the only thing I ever add other than water during the grow.

rasterman

rasterman

I just don't worry about it. Last year I bought 40# of rice hulls and eventually they made it into every pot. Since I reuse living soil and all my soil is packed with rice hulls, that's one fewer things to worry about.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've used a potassium based silicate for years, ProTekt, with no issue but I think I want to graduate to mono-silicic acid and see if there is any difference.

I asked one of my master grower buddies back in Cali what he uses and he said he liked the mono from BioNova.

growsince79

growsince79

One company i did try was raw and the raw silica was confusing to me cause it never changed the ph.
And on the other note to whomever posted it, ive done test grow side by side and silica is a real thing but its understanding it time structure and using it properly so many people lock out nutes and etc because of basic mixing mistakes but As a person who like using coco and testing it side by side, the natural gnats in coco that come in everthing and plus they love coco i have seen plants without silica would attract more and not have the natural pest resistance that silica gives to the cell walls so yeah no internet reading blah blah im old school i learn from personal experiences and also its noticeable in other plants i do in my garden like cucumbers peas and corn.
+1

B

Ballisticsuk

Ionic liquid silicone the ionic range is the simplest I've found

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Any silica you would add should be added before other nutrients.

Top Bottom