whats your faviorite way to clone?

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beeronymous

i usually go down to the lab and fire up the vats.it takes six hours but i get alot of clones and theyre all monsters.big hairy green monsters.and they eat people
:D

D

diesel

cool info, i think it depends, for easy use, roits and rapids are cool cause they come prewet, with coco, jiffys and rockwool u need to wet down with the right ph water and some nutrient or sitmulators.

Aero cloners are good as well but for plants which are ultimatety going into soil or coco and not into a hydro mehtod i prefer to put them into rockwool and let them develop lots of little hairs of roots before transplanting into coco or soil.

With a bit of planning you can remove the need for fast clones, as long as you have healthy clones. I like clones which root well into the next medium fast as usually it means they are taking up more space.

Peace

T

TheNman

Greetings NBfrost.

Here's what i used to do for my outdoor years ago.
I'm a rockwool man, have few troubles with it.
Compact, good medium, familiar.

But you'll want to get them in soil before going in the ground outside.

Once my gals rooted, i placed them over cellpacks filled with potting soil. Get some thin, but hard plastic.. something, and cut it into strips just thicker than the cubes. I used lids from my long rubbermaid tubs. Cut slits in the strips so you can fit them together, squaring off each pack site, like how pickles, olive oil, etc, are packaged in their boxes.(hope that makes sense to you ;)

So now you have the tray with plastic strips separating each site, so you can fill em up with more soil. Try really hard not allow gaps between the plastic strips and the tray, or roots will grow all into each other, forcing you to tear each clone from the tray, instead of sliding out perfectly.

This method allows you to still root in rockwool, get them used to soil and gives you about 4"s of rootball to plant in the ground, all while still keeping 50 to a tray....
I suggest you throw them outside or under an HID once they're in the soil packs, as you'll need to give em a lot of light for that density of plants at that age.
It works wonders!

Good luck!

T

TheMadHatter

I like using perlite and misters but my friend recently has got me to try using a Aeroponic cloner, So far I'm having great success with it. I'm not sure what I'm gonna stick with yet, However Aeroponics is defiantly neat.

T

TheNman

oh and i have some jump start cutting accelerator as well , anyone use this ?

Yes i have!
It was utterly fucking me!!
lol

The bottle i bought was old and going bad. Had it for 4 months, used if for 4 waves of clones, each one got worst.
lol
I was birching to ripz all about it!

Anyhoo, the stuff works okay, i had it several years back, which is why i picked it up this year.

I'll never use it again, but it works just fine it it hasn't gone bad. You can smell something funky when it does.

N

NBfrost

geez thanks for the warning ..lol... im gonna check that out ... im in the situation now where im just waiting to the 1st of the month for certain reasons to start cloning . its getting hot here and i want to switch to tube lights with plant and aquarium lights in them .. i currently have a 400 w mh goign at the moment . Its getting hard to keep temps optumim , so either i lose growth to heat or less light what do u think is worse? im a little short on funds at the moment ... so i cannot afford the air conditioner untill i get my 4000 tax return :)

T

TheNman

geez thanks for the warning ..lol... im gonna check that out ... im in the situation now where im just waiting to the 1st of the month for certain reasons to start cloning . its getting hot here and i want to switch to tube lights with plant and aquarium lights in them .. i currently have a 400 w mh goign at the moment . Its getting hard to keep temps optumim , so either i lose growth to heat or less light what do u think is worse? im a little short on funds at the moment ... so i cannot afford the air conditioner untill i get my 4000 tax return :)

I'd suggest some T5s!
They really are great!!
I can get individual ones around here, for a rip off of $50, but that one can do up clones from a foot or more above 8" domes.... and that's rooting, so they don't stretch when growing, not just after you cut them, as fresh cuts need next to nothing.

Anyhoo, my 6 bank T5 replaced 2 400s, to cover a 3x4 veg area.
Give off like 1/3 of the heat.
So, if you need a bunch of vegging light, i'd say fuck the 400.
Get the blue bulbs though, not the "orange" ones.

N

NBfrost

thanks man , i just bought this 400 like a month ago and i had a hard time decidign between the 2 .. now i know for sure .. i can buy a t5 set for 200 .. i think there is in them .. this is with reflectors and they are attached..thanks Nman , i apericate all the help , and thanks everyone for all the responses :) i hope to post some pics as soon as i get my cable to connect my cammera to my pc ..

T

TheNman

thanks man , i just bought this 400 like a month ago and i had a hard time decidign between the 2 .. now i know for sure .. i can buy a t5 set for 200 .. i think there is in them .. this is with reflectors and they are attached..thanks Nman , i apericate all the help , and thanks everyone for all the responses :) i hope to post some pics as soon as i get my cable to connect my cammera to my pc ..

Np NB.
I know what it's like growing outdoors in Canada.

The T5s really do surprise you with their performance!
And at 3/8 the power consumption(against 2 400s), you can go wrong!

B

blackone

I use jiffy+clonex and I love it - it has never let me down.
It's not super fast - I've seen roots in 8 days but normally it takes 14 days before the roots are coming out from the sides.

A very big advantage is that the clones can actually veg for a couple of weeks in the jiffys too if logistics (or lazyness) prevent you from transplanting.

B

blueberrybud

Here's a fool-proof way to clone on the cheap. I got a plastic 5-gallon bucket lined with a small piece of mylar, a heating pad, 12 ounce cups filled with seedling mix, and some hormex. Poke holes in the bottom of the cups for air to circulate. Cut 5-6" clones at 45* angle and place in a cup with hormex for 1.5 minutes. After the soak, place cuts directly in the loose seedling mix, leaving about 1/2" space from the bottom. Lightly water with distilled water, and place in mylar or foil-lined bucket. Place the bucket over the heating pad and set to low. Cover the bucket with a piece of clear poly and seal with rubber band. Poke small holes in poly to allow air exchange, and remove daily for a half hour to prevent stagnation. I run a single 105 watt CFL over my buckets, and can fit up to 7 in each bucket. I don't know what it is, but the bucket seems to root plants faster and more efficiently than any other method I've used. I have not taken a cutting yet that hasn'y rooted in less that a week. I have only cloned BCBD Blueberry this way, but like I said i haven't lost a clone yet, and I have always seen roots in at most a week, most times 5 days. Maybe it's the Mylar lining that reflects more light, or maybe it's just the strain, or the bucket helps to keep more moisture. Whatever it is, it works for me better than anything I've done to date. try it out see if it doesn't give you stronger, faster rooting clones.

N

NBfrost

YEAH THAT SOUNDS AWSOME ... im going to check that out .. I am thinking of doing a grow diary for cloning using a bunch of different techniques and measue the time . and post pics and results .. Maby the buckets work as a mini green house and the pad keeps the medium at optimum temps.. has anyone ever uses oasis cubes before , and those rapid rooters , are they suppose to be wet or moist when they come from the store.. i was going to buy some but they were super day

Top Bottom