What's Your Harvest And Curing Technique ?

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

hello all,

Just curious on everyone's harvesting, drying and curing techniques!

I've been doing research on good ways to harvest and cure. But I want to hear from you all!

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
There are many great threads on this subject!
Use the search feature to help find them.
Best of luck.
Peace

saltwater

saltwater

I'm growing in an apartment so I need an easy and effective way to dry out a few plants

geori

geori

I harvest when the trics are where I want em. Hang the entire plant upside down, in a dark area with fan circulating air around to help dry. When I can "snap" a branch, not bend, then good indication ready to snip buds from branches and place in jars. I try to keep the humidity at 65% by burping when the rh exceeds the 65%, and continue burping until stable at 65%.

I have not tried yet, but next time, once stable at 65% will add humidity packs to keep at 65. I am told can keep in jars like this for a long time.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Only done it once but here goes....I harvest just b4 the light would normally come on. I don't do the 24 hr darkness thing. I cut the branches close to the stem then hang them in a cool dark cupboard. No fan. Once the outer nug feels crispy but still moist inside I bag em in to brown paper bags. Burped 3 times a day first week. Then twice a day till dry enough for stems to be dry but not snapping. I jar it up and burp 3 times a day till stems snap cleanly. Then I leave it in the jars and burp once a day for another 2 weeks. Always kept in the dark tho thru out. I keep it cool too all the time.

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

friend was telling me about a harvesting technique i was wondering if anyone had tried or heard. so here it goes right before harvest drill a pile hole in the soil and inset and hot metal rod 1cm larger than the pilot hole but before you insert it get it red hot to kill the roots then hang the plant and roots to dry doing supposedly tricks the plant into i defensive state rushing THC to the buds iv also heard that THC is the plants defense mech. in nature so with this knowledge id think it would work. any thoughts?

dmshayne

dmshayne

Hmm in theory most things would work :D but what I have been taught is to shock the plant with ice water and no light for the last two or three days . Dont know about burning the roots though..

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I started by wet trimming and cutting buds off and putting on the screen to dry. This is the fastest way yo get smokable bud. But the longer I grow the more Im moving towards leaving most of the leaves on the entire plant and hanging the whole thing upside down to dry for a 2- 3 weeks. I found the longer slower dry is the way to go. The flavor is so much better. For cure I wait till the stem snap inside the bud. Then i jar and burp regularly till they get to the smell I start to like then I lock them down and burp weekly then monthly. But don't usually have enough from a batch to last that long.

jammie

jammie

Hey dm- sweating is the intermediate step where you put the buds in a paper bag and close for a day, then open to allow to redry. Then repeat for a week or so. This can also be done in jars. The purpose is to pull the deep moisture out of the bud

Dazed

Dazed

I
friend was telling me about a harvesting technique i was wondering if anyone had tried or heard. so here it goes right before harvest drill a pile hole in the soil and inset and hot metal rod 1cm larger than the pilot hole but before you insert it get it red hot to kill the roots then hang the plant and roots to dry doing supposedly tricks the plant into i defensive state rushing THC to the buds iv also heard that THC is the plants defense mech. in nature so with this knowledge id think it would work. any thoughts?

I read on forums somewhere years ago about a guy who washed rhe roots the put them in boiling water then hung the whole plant roots and all.

Then also back in the day there was talk about putting a nail through the the stem in flower how that would increase thc.

Dought any of it works though....

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Sounds crazy. The thc is not moving around in the plant. It is produced in glandular trichomes.

Lol.

LI grows

LI grows

Perpetual:
I stay on strict schedule and harvest every Saturday. Thats at exactly 9 weeks in the bloom chamber.
I cut 'em down at the soil and hang them in a seperate dry room while im transplanting 8 largest one from the veg chamber to flip the same day.

Anyway back to the harvest... I bring each plant back to the work area aand cut off manageable size branches i can easily hold in my left hand while i trim away at the leaves with a large straight haircutting scissors. leaves are standing out still and i leave about 1/4" - 3/8'" leaf on(takes 2hrs to do 8 plants), then back on the hanger and dry room. I use a dehumidifier but humidity varies between 55%-65%. Temps are in the low 60s
By the 5th day in the dry room buds are feeling a little dry (time to sweat) i put a large plastic bag over 2 or 3 hangers. Maybe about 12-15 hrs later the bag comes off. i should probably repeat this, but im on a tight schedule. Another 2 days drying and then i put it all into large sealed Stainless Steel pots with as much of the stem on as i can fit in the pots. The stem provides some air space and humidity between the nugs. When my hygrometer is at or close to 70% i open the lid for a few hours or overnight. 2-3 days later at about 10 days from harvest i do some final trim and remove the stem. Buds are spread on a couple of large trays put into a wooden dresser drawer for about 12 hrs now theyre ready to cure and back into the sealed pots which is the same principle as jars but much larger and no light is reaching in.
I burp them occasionally and i can reach my hands to the bottom of the pot mix everthing a little. I keep a close eye on the humidity and if it reaches 70% it goes onto the trays in the dresser again.
I havent had the chance to do a very long cure because im usually sold out but i havent had much browning off or excessive shrinkage since i started using this method.

ken dog

ken dog

I read on forums somewhere years ago about a guy who washed rhe roots the put them in boiling water then hung the whole plant roots and all.

Then also back in the day there was talk about putting a nail through the the stem in flower how that would increase thc.

Dought any of it works though....

Amateur... If you really want to torture them, play rap music. LOL :)

Top Bottom