What's your Nutrient recipie?

• Thread starter biggun4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

biggun4me

Is there anyone out there that has a secret recipe they would like to share? Or is it best to just pick a line of nutrients and follow the manufacturers feeding charts?
I am not smart enough to buy raw materials and mix my own, So am I to remain a victim of over priced nutrients?
Peace

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I think for right now, you should probably just stick to a line and see how that works out for you. Make adjustments from there.

I use SensiGrow/Bloom A/B (1.5 tsp/gal)
Cal-Mag Plus (2 tsp/gal)
Gravity (.5 tsp/gal)
Snow Storm Ultra (.5 tsp/gal)
Big Bud (.5 tsp/gal)

Sort of expensive, and I haven't tried another line yet, but I haven't seen a single yellow leaf throughout my current grow. And I'm in week 4 of flower...

B

BongToker

Pretty much man, I bought fox farm nutrients and there really easy to work with and figure out, the only thing I do different is add some sugar daddy and cal mag

devious d

devious d

I THINK OVER THE YRS THROUGH READING AND TRYING DIFFERANT NUTES TILL YOU ARRIVE AT WHATS GOOD FOR YOUSELF:animbong:, NOW IM ON H&G ROOT EXCELLORATOR, CANNA BIO VEGA AND FLORES, BIO BOOST, OR BIO BIZZ TOP MAX AND BIO HEAVEN, ON HYDRO RUNS, H&G HYDRO A&b, MULTI ENZYNES,BIG BUD HAMMERHEAD BOTH ADVANCED NUTES IN FACT WHEN STARTING ORGANIC WONDERED HOW ID GET BY WITHOUT HAMMERHEAD ,BIG BUD, THIS RUN THE SHOP HAD NO CANNA BIO, WENT WITH BIO BIZZ BLOOM, BIO HEAVEN, TOP- MAX AND ITS TURNED OUT SOME GREASY ARSED BUDS. P.S I LOVE THERE FISH MIX FOR BOOSTING N.:lock:

D

Disco Duck

I am new to this too. I am about 3 weeks into growing my first plants. I decided to use the full GH "expert" system because GH seems to be like the Microsoft of hydro nutes. There is more info about GH, and just about every grower has experience with them, so it seemed like a good choice for starting out. I decided to use the full lineup to avoid being confused by any deficencies on the assumption that if I didn't skip anything and used the full lineup deficencies are something I won't need to be concerned with.

I think if you follow the GH schedule at 50% strength everything will turn out well. I'm sure a more experience grower can do better, but for us first timers it seems like a safe way to go too me. My plants are doing incredibly well. The important thing is to only use 50% strength. The full schedule strength is way too strong, the schedule seems good except it is a double the strength you want. I just calculate everything for 6 gallons of water when I actually have 12.

420OGFarmhand

I am new to this too. I am about 3 weeks into growing my first plants. I decided to use the full GH "expert" system because GH seems to be like the Microsoft of hydro nutes. There is more info about GH, and just about every grower has experience with them, so it seemed like a good choice for starting out. I decided to use the full lineup to avoid being confused by any deficencies on the assumption that if I didn't skip anything and used the full lineup deficencies are something I won't need to be concerned with.

Do yourself a favor if your new to this go with flora nova also the expert system is for experts your a beginner.
The 3 part GH simple drain to waste would be a good place to start then add hygrozyme,Drip Clean, Cal Max Lucas Formula leave out the grow or green boottle

pride420

pride420

I tried botanicare line by recomendations and almost burnt the whole room. After checking around i was told House and garden was most bang for my buck and simple to use. as a first time indoor farmer id have to say i love h&g for now lol 2 weeks into flower and fingers crossed:bong2:

T

Trim Reaper

First thing to do is by yourself an EC meter and a PH Pen. that will be the best investment you can make.
Next buy a carbon water filter or R.O., GOOD CHLORINE FREE WATER IS ESSENTIAL!!
Next invet in good bacteria and fungi. I use AN Voodo, Parahna, Tarantula, but it is $200 for all 3. A great alternative is Great White for about $75. These little beasties will boost your mass up to 500%, and bigger roots equal bigger, healthier, more productive plants.
Always measure the EC of your nutes, most strains are fine around 1.6 - 2.2. ALWAYS start on the LOW side, you can always add more, but it is a mother fucker trying to get it out. More is NOT better!!
As far as nutes, I could tell you what I use, but it would make your head spin. I have over 25 years+ experience, so I have the knowledge and experience to customize. My biggest thing again is proper EC and PH.
Good luck Brother
:pimp:

Top Bottom