Whatsup with Deep Purple?

• Thread starter ask420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ask420

I've read some info on the strain (description, origins and smoke report), but what are some the grow details like veg and flwr time? Got some otw so curious to know. Oh and please post pictures if you got'em, I really wanna see what the plant looks like.

A

Alekiboy

Yes I would love to know too!!!!
I can't wait to get my hands on these beans...
I ordered these and Tropical Seeds Purple Pakistan x Nepal...
I think I'm gonna be in Purple heaven!!!!

S

Subcool

Urkle BX

Purple Urkle X Querkle

This strain was created to lock down more of the Urkle dominant traits and bring out more of the musty grape taste that Urk is famous for.
The strain produces a wide range of female plants and not all of them will exhibit colors at all. The ones that due however are highly sought after and several people concider there Purple Grape females amoung there best Indicas strains. Not a huge producer or a fast growing plant it makes up for it in taste and high quality.

1) Phenotypes- Look for the short Indica Dom females with Purple tinge
2) Height- Short and stocky slow to grow upwards
3) Yield- Medium
4) Indoor/ Outdoor
5) Best Way to Grow- Long veg and remove some shade leaves to allow light under
6) Harvest Window-50-60 days
7) Sativa/ Indica 20/80
8) Purple Urkle X Purple Querkle Male
9)High type- Calming and relaxing and very fun to smoke
10) Taste like Grape snocones
11) IT was named after the Band not because of the coloring

DP3 Medium
Curly554
D Purp Buds 032
D Purp Buds 037
D Purp Buds 042
D Purple Nugs 016
D Purple Nugs 018
DP1
Deep Purple 55 days weeks B 011
IMG 4110
A

ask420

sweet!! That is some nice lookin mj. Thanks for that reply Sub. Really looking forward to this one. Is it fert sensitive and will it do well topped?

G

Guerrilla420

Damn those are beautiful, I'm glad I picked me up some!

A

Alekiboy

6/6 on the beans.. so 100% germ ratio so far..
All 6 popped within 15-18 hours (first 24 hours of submerged paper towel technique thento the damp paper towel) ;)

D

Darth Bud

Top quality pics there, awesome colour will try to get some off these just for the colour !

K

koopa troopa

so far 3/3 subcool strains i've grown (jtr, querkle, & 3D) have purped out nicely. not pure purple, but beautiful colors/hues just covered in resin. i'm looking forward to that new deep purple. double grape?

A

Alekiboy

Here is a week old sprout of the Deep Purple...

Check out this Tricotyledon specimen!!

3 Cotyledon leaves (I broke part of the 3oclock leaf breaking the seedling out of shell-lock..)
Symmetric
First set of leaves is a set of 3 too :)

3d
D

dank.frank

Well, I am not to sure what "is up" with Deep Purple, but I do know that I have 20 of these just waiting to be popped. From what I have seen, every single person who has grown these out has had to things to say:

1. Man, these grow slow!!!
2. WOW, these are super frosty and taste amazing!

So, I know kind of what to expect. Hopefully, I'll find myself that female that stays short and shows purple tints on the edges of the leaves during veg. This is the one I want....hopefully, with 20 seeds to go through, she'll be in there!!!

Only question I really have for Subcool:

I have seen that you are doing a re-make of these seeds. Are you using the exact same parents, or are you changing things up a bit? If you are in fact using different parents, what are the goals you are hoping to achieve within this particular line?

Secondly, how old are the Deep Purple seeds that are currently being sold / or that are in circulation. I notice that most threads for these seeds are from 2007 or 2008. Just kinda makes me curious...

Thanks in advance!

dank.Frank

A

Alekiboy

dank.Frank..
Over a month ago I believe there were like 5 packs of deep purple put up on the BIN and they were gone within hours... I was lucky to get a pack :)

All my beans popped within 36 hours max so they seemed pretty fresh...

X

xchaoticmetalx

Def have 2 phenos of female so far, one growing quicker and one growing like literally the slowest plant I ever grew. It is beautiful though and I can't wait to bud them.

S

Subcool

I have been gathering data on our latest version of DP dubbed Double Grape Nugget during testing to keep us from getting confused. It is the same cross as Deep Purple but using a new male we selected from a much larger starting pool than the first male which was simply a random male. Our goal was to find a male with even deeper color traits to pass on to my fav TGA hybrid Qleaner.
Testing was done with the new male and the Urkle mother to see what he had locked inside and so far I am floored with the good results. It looks like starting again and selecting from many males helped us isolate one with a richer Grape smell and good color traits

This amazing Clone was grown by Canadian medical grower Fdrl xmt

Thanks for the amazing show buddy!

We will continue to collect data and TGA will decide if its a new release or not :)

This small plant budded from clone yielded

130 gram when he cut it.

112 gram once trimmed

expecting 28 grams dry

8 inch high

9 inch around

70 days bloom Double Grape plant 1 pic 2
Dg at 37 days1
Dg at 37 daysa
Double Grape at 70 days pic bb
Double Grape at 70 days pic dd
My dg pheno pic ee
My dg pheno pic a
Double Grape at 70 days pic d
Double Grape at 70 days pic ll
My dg pheno pic 7
Double Grape at 70 days pic f
My dg pheno pic 5
D

dank.frank

so....let me get this straight....

The original Deep Purple, is really just made with "a random male"...? I am really kind of surprised to hear that no real selection went into choosing a male that was being used to make seeds...that were intended to be sold. Seems to me, if it was just some random male used in the first cross....you must not have got the results you were hoping for in that cross. I suppose that sheds a bit more light on why you are now re-creating Deep Purple.

Might I inquire as to how you feel the project wasn't successful or what it is about the original deep purple that leaves you unsatisfied and re-working the cross? You obviously had the intent of getting a predominantly Urkle seed line...was that not accomplished in the first Deep Purple...or just not with the frequency or stability that you would like to see?

I see you state you are looking for a male from the Querkle line that is going to allow more grape flavor and more purple colors to come through...not for Deep Purple, but for a Qleaner cross. You are just crossing this male with the Urkle Female used in Deep Purple, for the purpose of isolating the traits this particular male is passing down to its progeny. IF this male gives positive results with the Urkle female, it is going to be released to the public as "Deep Purple v2, or Double Grape Nugget"...is this correct?

So from what I am gathering...Deep Purple is nothing more than a test strain to help you gather information on the REAL project, is Qleaner x Quirkle...is this what you intend to be your Urkle Bx? Or do you still have the intention of working the Deep Purple line as an Urkle Bx?

...although, I have to wonder if you were really working Deep Purple as a line of its own, or if it was just the seeds that resulted from a test, in which you were trying to figure out if the male being used was a valid donor for your real project...Qleaner x Querkle.

Obviously, Deep Purple v1, was highly sought after...and many people seem to be enjoying the results....and the pictures I have seen do indeed look frostier than the pictures being shown for v2....

Not sure how I feel about spending my money on crosses that aren't intended to be anything other than a male progeny tester...it seems to me, rather than buying anything in between, we should all just be waiting for Qleaner x Querkle to be available, as that appears to be the purpose of the DP breeding projects...

And please, do not take this the wrong way. I am in no way knocking the quality of anything that has been released. I have heard great things about Deep Purple, and know it is highly sought after when available. I see nothing wrong with making something that is good, better...which is what it seems you are trying to do. After all, I do have 20 Deep Purple seeds I have yet to get around to, so I am not criticizing what I have not yet grown myself. I just love understand the full picture and depth of what a breeder is attempting to achieve when working seed lines...

So the real question...which was in there some where...is, What is your TRUE Urkle line Bx...and if looking for Urkle, what should the consumer be looking to purchase? Should we be waiting for Qleaner x Quirkle?

dank.Frank

S

Subcool

Frank we are beyond satified with all of the first crosses and they SOLD OUT!

A friend locally was razzing me for finding such a good male so easily I always said he wasa gift from above.

Over time it got to me and I went back to work and forund another male in a larger group of males. I shouldnt have let his remark get to me as Qleaner, Void, and Deep Purple are amazing strains that sold out to the seed.
I decided to remake the lines and test them.

IMO there is little diffference in the two boys and by the test data his siblings are the same. All of this is explained in detail in the original querkle breeding thread

Urkle X Querkle male is a first stage BX and based on our info is actually better than Urkle :)

S

Subcool

The Male

BTW we have plenty of DP 1 still :)

Its all about me learning things :)

Ballsofpurp3
Ballsofpurp
D

dank.frank

Right on. Thanks for taking the time to go into a bit further detail. I do in fact realize that DP1 is an great strain, and ALWAYS disappears quickly, and those that have it, do in fact love it....thus the reason I have 20 seeds of it myself. =)

I guess I was trying to understand WHY you were reworking the line, as it seemed to be so successful in the first place. And this is not to say it is not an excellent line, but rather, for whatever reason, it did not meet the expectations you had for it, from a breeders perspective...not from the perspective of the consumer, because as you said, everyone is more than happy with it.

You did say however, that the new male was a bit more grapey and would hopefully pass on more purple traits to the progeny. Once again, this does indicate, that male 1 while very good, wasn't quite exactly what you were looking for. This in reality, means that your Urkle project is still in a Bx1 phase...Bx1 v1 and Bx1 v2, right? I honestly think it is a good thing that you are getting to understand the males better and what traits they pass to the offspring.

If you were to make an Urkle Bx2, to further isolate the Urkle traits, would you not be using your original Urkle female, with a male from the DPv1? Or are you going to wait and see what happens, and possibly use a male from DPv2?

dank.Frank

Top Bottom