Whatsup with Deep Purple?

• Thread starter ask420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Subcool

Based on early results I am not inclined to continue working the line back to Urkle let me explain.
While I am a follower of Sly and Souls Methods the results we got with Vortex realy tossed a wrench in what I believe about breeding. Everyone shouts for me to continue the Apollo-13 BX project and we are now proceeding but Vortex a simple poly hybrid between A-13 and Space queen not only produces weed that is better than the sum of both but does so in high ratios and I was inclined to stop there why fix whats broke ya know.

I am continuing the project to now see with my own eyes the results as most of what I have read and still read in breeding books does not prove true in my work.

So having said all that what I want as a breeder is that a grower finds a true representation of the expected results in a 10 pack of seeds. People talk about working strains for 20 years stabilizing etc but before I made seeds I grew seeds out for 20+ years and its a myth. I have grown out several thousand seeds and the variation is worse on some of the so called tried and true strains.

What I look for now is not math but feed back from my growers and so far I have 3 establishes growers telling me there DP female is better tasting and more effective than some collectors clones they have aquired. When Chris at Meduser tells me DP is his all time fav Purple plant I have to feel I was successful with the cross.

Would I continue to work this line using a dp2 male and the Urkle Mom? I don't think so we have Querkle a Lemon berry strain with good yieilds ( Compared to Urkle) and now a Bx that yields Purple resin and a grape smell starting from a low number of seeds and we may just call this one good :)

You are smart though our main focus here was Qleaner its an amazing cross one of my fav smokes now and it will be featured in Big Book 4 and of the three crosses created using the Querkle male Deep Purple, Void and Qleaner one is out shining the rest at this point.

:)

Sub

T

triplefelony

wow. first time i've ever said wow when looking at a male pic. wow.

N

negative 1

double grape

i don't know how well this is coming in for other people but here it is, this bud is spectacular, although it tastes mildly like grape my palette is not the greatest but, it is real hashy for sure. sorry if the picture quality isn't great but man im gonna be growing this girl out for headies. i have noticed she's a real slow grower but those who wait....<if you right click and hit view with best quality you get a much better picture>
negative 1

Purprs double grape 002
tokinblackguy

tokinblackguy

which version was on the bay today?

original?
different father?

K

koopa troopa

that double grape is straight trill. i noticed my querkle has a hashy taste to it.

tokinblackguy

tokinblackguy

anybody got a clue???

got the last pack and was curious. first experience with subs gear, hope it's a good one. would like to know which one i got if it's not too much trouble.

A

Alekiboy

Here is an update of the Tricot from earlier in the thread..
It basically throws 2 on one side. 1 on other... Pic 3 is a good example of how there is 2 on one side and 1 on other

The bigger DP also has an interesting leaf trait about it...
Look at the leaves at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock... 4 leaves on each set...

These two interesting specimens came out of the same DP 10 pack!!

DSC 0010
DSC 0011
DSC 0012
N

negative 1

good news my double grape clones have took, well one of each took much earlier but i took three more of each <purple and green phenos> and they all took, not that i really expected them not too. also i revegged them and they both are coming around which i was worried about due to thier intense doneness. i was gifted these and what a gem huh? thanks sub, the best things in life are free. except maybe that agent orange that was worth every penny. so when i get some of the clones to the size of worth a fahk i'll post some pics, they rival the sr 71 pk x green crack x tres dawg easily. good growing to all those who try this one. p.s. veg them for awhile you'll be real glad. also thanks koop i know you grow some dank so it's nice to hear that i do well every once in awhile, not that i like to advertise or nothin!
negative 1

T

toker

deep purple

hey all,
so theres gonna be another release then? hell yeah!
that made my nite thanks Sub/TGA.

J.P.

J.P.

This strain look amazing, what a beauty, thank to share your work Subcool.
Where is it possible of this getting it ?

P

poedizzle

I like the qurkle and deep purple... but cant decide between the two!! What are the differences between them?? thanks
~POE~

Top Bottom