When Do I Mark First Day Of Flowering?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I go by the day I start tricking (cut the amount of light to less than 12 hours per day)...some plants take longer depending on the strain. The best way to tell if it's finished is by the colour of the hairs, and the colour of the trichome bulbs or heads, or the cloudiness of the trichome heads...

Kyleb

Kyleb

You start your flower cycle at flip. When ppl say they are at day 65 of flower, that means they are 65 days from the day they flipped. NOT when you see bud sites or whatever. Do you count the start of a seedlings life the day it shows it's first set of leaves?
Yes because there's a germination stage termination is complete when photosynthesis starts that's vegetation stage you know when the cattle didn't open and turn green that's day one of the seedling stage. after the seedling stage comes the vegetative stage that starts at that 6 to 8th note. Flowering starts after the stretch phase of vegetation which happens in between veg and flour flour means you're growing flowers when the plants stretch isn't that not vegetative growth it's not growing flowers it's growing stems and leaves flowers start growing when clusters start two weeks probably three days to 2 weeks after you flip from 12 to 12:00

Kyleb

Kyleb

Yes because there's a germination stage termination is complete when photosynthesis starts that's vegetation stage you know when the cattle didn't open and turn green that's day one of the seedling stage. after the seedling stage comes the vegetative stage that starts at that 6 to 8th note. Flowering starts after the stretch phase of vegetation which happens in between veg and flour flour means you're growing flowers when the plants stretch isn't that not vegetative growth it's not growing flowers it's growing stems and leaves flowers start growing when clusters start two weeks probably three days to 2 weeks after you flip from 12 to 12:00
Scratch that last post start over there are many phases starting with germination germination is complete at the beginning of photosynthesis photosynthesis starts when the coddens open embryonic leaves and begin to photosynthesize that would begin day one of the seedling stage. So now you're in the seedling stage you remain in the seedling stage until you reach your 6th to 8th note. Now you're in the vegetation stage 6 to 8th note on vegetation stage continues until you switch to the 12 and 12 photo. Which time you are in the flowering transition stage a transition to the flowering stage. Still considered to be vegetative growth the plant is growing more stem length girth leaves. Not flowers flowering begins when flowers start to grow approximately 3 Days to 2 weeks after the switch of 12 to 12

Kyleb

Kyleb

Scratch that last post start over there are many phases starting with germination germination is complete at the beginning of photosynthesis photosynthesis starts when the coddens open embryonic leaves and begin to photosynthesize that would begin day one of the seedling stage. So now you're in the seedling stage you remain in the seedling stage until you reach your 6th to 8th note. Now you're in the vegetation stage 6 to 8th note on vegetation stage continues until you switch to the 12 and 12 photo. Which time you are in the flowering transition stage a transition to the flowering stage. Still considered to be vegetative growth the plant is growing more stem length girth leaves. Not flowers flowering begins when flowers start to grow approximately 3 Days to 2 weeks after the switch of 12 to 12
so I guess photosynthesis begins as soon as the coddens emerge although they are yellow photosynthesis has begun and sugars are being produced this would be again seedling stage the first growth stage of your plant's life germination is a developmental stag?

growsince79

growsince79

LOL you over complicate things. Veg starts the day the seed sprouts. Flower start at flip.

Kyleb

Kyleb

It might be over complicated but at least it's based on real research and not opinions. Just saying. But I believe everyone should be able to grow this plant however they want. Everyone has their own style mine is more of a procedure based on the actual biological processes occuring in the plant.

Kyleb

Kyleb

It might be over complicated but at least it's based on real research and not opinions. Just saying. But I believe everyone should be able to grow this plant however they want. Everyone has their own style mine is more of a procedure based on the actual biological processes occuring in the plant.

Kyleb

Kyleb

Right veg starts when the seed opens outside of the soil that's a true statement but it is still a seedling and vegetative growth right still developing primary tissues Vegeta occurs when the maturity of secondary tissues begins like branches growing xylem and phloem connecting becoming secondary stuff like that never mind

Kyleb

Kyleb

Put it again everybody should be able to grow this plant all they want and none of this really matters anyway although there is a field of science called botany of which I'm a student of so I don't know maybe my teachers are wrong I mean it is a cannabis program I don't know...

growsince79

growsince79

Put it again everybody should be able to grow this plant all they want and none of this really matters anyway although there is a field of science called botany of which I'm a student of so I don't know maybe my teachers are wrong I mean it is a cannabis program I don't know...
My horticulture teacher said veg starts after sprout, he must have been a moron. When discussing growing, it would be good if everyone was on the same page though.

Kyleb

Kyleb

My horticulture teacher said veg starts after sprout, he must have been a moron. When discussing growing, it would be good if everyone was on the same page though.
No I agree with you vegetative growth starts in the seedling stage

Kyleb

Kyleb

I'm just talking into my phone and everything's coming out kind of screwy
But I don't know if you want to call it veg I'd call it you know because it's I don't know it's confusing seedling stage positive stage applies to the cannabis plant and people who grow it you know what I mean

Kyleb

Kyleb

A lot of people when growing cannabis follow a specific set of rules it only applies to multiple sets of opinions put forth by previous growers. I was told that you start off with germination when it comes out of the soil you enter a seedling stage I continues this is with the cannabis plant that continues to the 6th to 8th note then when is when you could consider the plant to be in a vegetative stage growing vegetation more and a more frequent rate and developing secondary tissues secondary vascular tissues like branches and stuff usually happens around the 6

Kyleb

Kyleb

Sorry I'm just confused right now although it would be cool to talk about this I'm too anxious to say things that I actually know so never mind and have a good night

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am at day 34, 5-6 nodes and stretching for the leds 29" away. Dyna-grow & after Humbolt Oneness. What a thread.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
funny thing, i mostly just want to know how old. mostly because i "judge" my plant based on that. its my first grow though, i am sure that will change. it is just that with each person calling it what they want, it makes things less than ideal for a learning purpose. or even a doctoring purpose. and especially on a science purpose. if you each call something as you please, then each time the "age" or "stage" comes up, we have to have 3 pages of "but i call it this, and i have been calling it that since dirt was discovered. but the lack of formal definition causes more harm than good.

the veg stage starting when it pops is the least helpful to the most people, also, that method does not line up with the breeders time lines. the flower starts at flip, is less helpful too, and again, the breeders timelines match up much better with flower starts after you see the flower parts.

it will take a long time, but with things going as they are, the legalization of the plant will help with things, especially the science.

i agree that people should do what they want in growing it, and sadly that just leaves reading those three pages and figuring out what each person means by what they say.

things like changing humidity or light height or temp for the needs of the stage of the plant are much more difficult to ask than they need to be though!

if a plant grows outside, far from your home and you discover it, then you dont ask mother earth "have you flipped yet? you look and see if there are any pistils, if yes you call it flowering, if not you dont. but inside a home that changes? that alone does not make sense. your eyes tell you when it is flowering, but in the other case, you have to find a person to tell you when it was flipped, your eyes are dont count at all.

then... what about autos? you do not flip, but you watch and see the pistils. so that method, the find out what day it was flipped then calculating, isnt even consistent for one farmer who grows both auto and photo. the same farmer who would base things on the flip for photo wont call the auto flowering till they see those pistils.

Last edited:
kevinfever

kevinfever

So I put my plants on 12/12 on December 17th and saw the first signs of flowering on the 23rd...

When do I mark Day 1? It's almost February and I'd like to prepare properly.

Thanks
the timing on the package is just estimated watch your resin heads go from clear to milky then its up to you when you harvest 5% 10% 15% amber . i have had plants mature early and late compared to timing on package some times seeds from the same pack mature at different times

Kyleb

Kyleb

to avoid any further confusion just refer to this when you plan a seed that starts germination that takes anywhere between 2 days and a week typically. After the seed germinates you now have a plant that is in a seedling stage for cannabis seedling stage continues until the plant reaches it's 6 to 8th node. once you've reached your sixth node and your 7th and 8th are developing in the apical meristem. This could be considered day one of vegetative growth secondary branching well now start to emerge at a much quicker rate. I'm not saying that the plant is not vegetatively growing from the point that the seed emerges from the soil I am saying that if we're going to count stages in the plant's life they need to be well defined from the most current literature I can find this says that a cannabis plant remains in a seedling stage until it reaches at 6 to 8th note only then is it in a vegetative stage or what could be considered the vegetative stage

Top Bottom