When Do I Mark First Day Of Flowering?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kyleb

Kyleb

My advice would be to learn how to properly analyze the current literature there's a lot of BS out there. Start with avoiding search engines such as YouTube and start with Google scholar would be my first opinion although still far and few in between on current literature when it comes to cannabis the research and study are just not really out there you need to go to school for horticulture and then learn how that all plays to the cannabis plant specifically that would be my recommended approach

growsince79

growsince79

to avoid any further confusion just refer to this when you plan a seed that starts germination that takes anywhere between 2 days and a week typically. After the seed germinates you now have a plant that is in a seedling stage for cannabis seedling stage continues until the plant reaches it's 6 to 8th node. once you've reached your sixth node and your 7th and 8th are developing in the apical meristem. This could be considered day one of vegetative growth secondary branching well now start to emerge at a much quicker rate. I'm not saying that the plant is not vegetatively growing from the point that the seed emerges from the soil I am saying that if we're going to count stages in the plant's life they need to be well defined from the most current literature I can find this says that a cannabis plant remains in a seedling stage until it reaches at 6 to 8th note only then is it in a vegetative stage or what could be considered the vegetative stage
Why 6 or 8? why not 2 or 14? This is the dumbest fake news weed growing bs I ever heard of. Plain ass stupidity.

growsince79

growsince79

Correct, vegetative stage starts when the seed breaks ground. Thats what I was taught in horticulture classes also.
The scientists all agree. Only the fake news weed growing sites want to be different. When I say this plant vegged 3 weeks, that doesn't mean the plant is 6 weeks old. Who the fuck comes up with this stupid shit?

The period of growth between germination and flowering is known as the vegetative phase of plant development. During the vegetative phase, plants are busy carrying out photosynthesis and accumulating resources that will be needed for flowering and reproduction.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the why on nodes... the seedling is forming the things it needs to support vegetation, it tells you it is done being a seedling and is vegging when it does EXACTLY that... it grows the leaves it will have while vegging (about the 6-8th node), the node with more than 3 leaves means it is vegging, done with all the prep work it does to get there. IT knows when it is ready to veg, it tells us by showing its leaves. no matter what you like to call it, it knows!

growsince79

growsince79

the why on nodes... the seedling is forming the things it needs to support vegetation, it tells you it is done being a seedling and is vegging when it does EXACTLY that... it grows the leaves it will have while vegging (about the 6-8th node), the node with more than 3 leaves means it is vegging, done with all the prep work it does to get there. IT knows when it is ready to veg, it tells us by showing its leaves. no matter what you like to call it, it knows!
My plants are ready to flower at 6-8 nodes. Thats about 2-3 week veg in my world. These were flipped 2 weeks from sprout. That is 2 weeks veg.

60 days after flip.

mancorn

mancorn

Who the fuck comes up with this stupid shit?
Growers that want to pretend their 6 week old plant is only 3 weeks and they’re killing it.

Drives me crazy as an outdoor grower. I’m normally at around 13hrs of light when sprouting. So the plants are poking along compared to an indoor grow and I’m always thinking, “how the hell can you make a 15” plant in a week?” Always turns out to be a 4 week old plant. Makes it hard to learn when other growers are bullshitting about timing.

growsince79

growsince79

Growers that want to pretend their 6 week old plant is only 3 weeks and they’re killing it.

Drives me crazy as an outdoor grower. I’m normally at around 13hrs of light when sprouting. So the plants are poking along compared to an indoor grow and I’m always thinking, “how the hell can you make a 15” plant in a week?” Always turns out to be a 4 week old plant. Makes it hard to learn when other growers are bullshitting about timing.
That and the guy that says week 5 flower and the plants almost done. It was actually flipped 8 weeks ago.

pdasterly

pdasterly

i personally flip in middle of week and start my schedule on the following weekend, so if i flip on weds, ill still count the following sat or sun as day 1.

Kyleb

Kyleb

Funny how personal people get ...whatever works for you is how you count it ...do that..bet you that'll work
Maybe each plant is an individual just as we are all individuals some people reach maturity and start going through puberty when they're 11 years old some people don't do that till they're 14 or 15 some kids have beards when they're like eight so maybe each plant is different so vegetative stage for each plant could be well different so some start at the third notes on at the 8th summit the 6th but all really depends on what you're doing individually some people regular plants for a week or so they say a week it's like a foot tall so it's like a month old but anyway like a week and then they flip the flower so that's different everything is different

Kyleb

Kyleb

But as a general rule of thumb hate that term you can't think of another one I'd say anywhere between the 3rd and 8th note there I can all tell me how dumb I am about that too bunch of jerks I tried to delete this stupid account but it won't let me delete it if you would all report me a bunch of times and get me deleted that would be great thank you

Kyleb

Kyleb

I really don't even think there is literature that exists that could be considered real or true or whatever that says when these stages start and begin I think it's all based on what you feel is going on with the plant that's what you should face it upon if you think it's still in the seedling stage it's still in this evening stage if you think it's in the veg stage it's in the veg stage when you say it's in flowering it's in flowering that's how it works

Kyleb

Kyleb

People just come on these things cuz they want to argue none of it really matters I fed into it a little bit just to prove a point to myself and It did.. nothing really matters just had fun and grow these plants for yourself

Bbonez

Bbonez

Maybe each plant is an individual just as we are all individuals some people reach maturity and start going through puberty when they're 11 years old some people don't do that till they're 14 or 15 some kids have beards when they're like eight so maybe each plant is different so vegetative stage for each plant could be well different

I don't think that theory works with clones grown under the same conditions, seeds maybe.

Question to the topic:

Those of you who count day 1 the day you flip(seems to make the most sense) does day 1 start when the lights turn on after the first 12 hours of darkness? Do you give your plants 12 hours of darkness or 12 hours of light 1st? This probably is dependent on the time(8pm-2PM for me) of your veg cycle and the time you want your lights on in flower.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Why beat the dead horse anymore?

the only reason growers need to understand the stages of development, or terminology assigned to these stages is to understand the nutritional and lighting requirements.

You wouldn’t feed your girls “week 1 veg food”
In the first week of the seedlings life. So for me veg begins when the feedings, and lighting requirements begin to climb.
Typically 10-20 days from seed drop.

Flowering begins when you flip the lights, or in an autoflower, when pre flowering begins.

Top Bottom