when does flowing stage begin

• Thread starter tjay1113
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tjay1113

tjay1113

First time growing outdoors. Can anyone tell me when I should expect my outdoor plants to begin flowering? I live in NY.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

First time growing outdoors. Can anyone tell me when I should expect my outdoor plants to begin flowering? I live in NY.

Highly dependent on strain. I'm in Ontario and starting to bud now on the Critical Queen. If I planted a fast budding strain I'd be weeks ahead of where I am now.

tjay1113

tjay1113

Ok thanks, I appreciate the info. I didn't think about different strains. I was more along the 12 hrs. of light rule. I have to learn to look at the big picture, not focus on one factor. Thanks again!

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Ok thanks, I appreciate the info. I didn't think about different strains. I was more along the 12 hrs. of light rule. I have to learn to look at the big picture, not focus on one factor. Thanks again!
When plants start to flower they send out little white shoots like below. It doesn't usually take 12 hours of dark outside before plants start flowering. Some strains flower with much less dark time than that. eg. https://www.lucky13seeds.com/frostberry

Depending on the type of seed planted you may get a male if it's a regular seed. If it's a male you get pollen sacs instead of little white shoots.

DSC06708a

Top Bottom