When does the dank smell start developing?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Interesting way of putting it but i gotcha ;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Im at 6 1/2 weeks after harvesting preemy flowers and dank is coming in on one plant nice and imagine my favorite smells peaking in about two weeks once potpourri smell fade s with burps on that plant , the other three may never get there cuz they never where there or not enough in there cuz I'm sure terepenoids evaporate a different rates and some can stay trapped in inner Vegetation.....
hope that helps

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Harvested my plants earlier this week. Pulled a smaller branch off to dry at home. I just put it in the jar today but it smelled like hay or wet grass. At what point does it start to get the nice aroma? How long should it take? Can someone explain this in full?
Over the years that you've grown or smoked have you taking a liking to any smells or specific tastes to focus on?

kalikushkid

kalikushkid

Some og take 28 days in a burped jar before they get the ogfunk.
Facts! Disneyland OG smelled like literally just fresh grass... now day 12 into my cure, the danky skunky OG smell has FINALLY started to OVERTAKE the fresh smell and when i open jars i get punched with some dankness..but I can tell its JUSTTTT starting, i've already dipped into a half ounce 2 weeks since harvest lol but WOW i never really understood the whole point of curing until i started growing. I dried my weed super cold, high rh and slow and it only took 8 days but smelled like straight fresh grass when it was drying but when i squeezed a nug ohhh did it ever smell delish so i knew that the terps were locked in and i just had to get rid of that cholorophyll grass smell... and THIS IS WHERE CURING AND BURPING THE JARS Comes in. My disneyland OG now sits at a consistent 56%RH in jars... some might say they want 62, but my stuff is still STICKY and honestly seems PERFECT for consumption within 3 months. Every day i smoke, it seems like the weed even gets more potent! This is such an art. And I love it, And for my first harvest... I have to say I've grown some of the best weed I have every smoked. Not trying to sound cocky, but it's amazing what organic, flushed homegrown OG thats being cured taste like WOWOWOW!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Facts! Disneyland OG smelled like literally just fresh grass... now day 12 into my cure, the danky skunky OG smell has FINALLY started to OVERTAKE the fresh smell and when i open jars i get punched with some dankness..but I can tell its JUSTTTT starting, i've already dipped into a half ounce 2 weeks since harvest lol but WOW i never really understood the whole point of curing until i started growing. I dried my weed super cold, high rh and slow and it only took 8 days but smelled like straight fresh grass when it was drying but when i squeezed a nug ohhh did it ever smell delish so i knew that the terps were locked in and i just had to get rid of that cholorophyll grass smell... and THIS IS WHERE CURING AND BURPING THE JARS Comes in. My disneyland OG now sits at a consistent 56%RH in jars... some might say they want 62, but my stuff is still STICKY and honestly seems PERFECT for consumption within 3 months. Every day i smoke, it seems like the weed even gets more potent! This is such an art. And I love it, And for my first harvest... I have to say I've grown some of the best weed I have every smoked. Not trying to sound cocky, but it's amazing what organic, flushed homegrown OG thats being cured taste like WOWOWOW!

Congrats on the revelation. Now the trick is to eliminate the "chlorophyll" period all together. Many ways to do it, all considered myths online. Og, chem, skunk etc gets its flavor largely from fatty acid breakdown, no different from rancid cooking oils (non gmo, most the funk has been bred out of commercial soybean/sesame oils).

When the cut grass smell (not chlorophyll) takes over, that's literally what's happening, injury-induced aromas that attract predator bugs are being produced via fatty acid breakdown rather than funk smells that attract 20th century potheads (these news kids smoke on Glade plug-in weed, gross terpenes with no flavor only [light] smell). The less you injure the plant the better,as it will continue to break down fatty acids into funk smells with no energy being wasted towards "help me ladybugs I'm being eaten alive" smells.

ic0dex

ic0dex

Yea, it smelled good when i picked them. But now they have a hay smell after Hanging for a few days.. What goes? Does the nice smell come back?
Im having the same issue, I harvested my Zookies on end of week 9 with a 10 day flush. They smelled so nice. I chopped and they have been hanging in the dark for 4 days now and it smells like wet grass. My temp fluctuates between 64F-69F RH 50%-60% dark room. I also have two fans on on low to circulate the air and they are not blowing directly on the plants.

Top Bottom