When is flower stage done

• Thread starter Jkool92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jkool92

Jkool92

How do you know when the flowering stage is over and the plant is ready for harvest? I have one hydro and one in soil....the hydro is 3’+ and the soil is 5’ tall they seem to be budding good when do you harvest and how? First grow almost did it I know when it is tine I’m gonna hang branches upside down with hangers then trim and jar til they’re cured

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Nice set up :) Decent cure plan. When you get to that stage, you probably will want some input from the community. What strain are you growing? This what a plant looks like when it's just about done.

IndicaCola
Reactions: Ina
Jkool92

Jkool92

Nice set up :) Decent cure plan. When you get to that stage, you probably will want some input from the community. What strain are you growing? This what a plant looks like when it's just about done.

Wow that plant is beautiful I’m growing Afghan kush indoor feminized seeds and using the flora series nutrients

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
How do you know when the flowering stage is over and the plant is ready for harvest? I have one hydro and one in soil....the hydro is 3’+ and the soil is 5’ tall they seem to be budding good when do you harvest and how? First grow almost did it I know when it is tine I’m gonna hang branches upside down with hangers then trim and jar til they’re cured
Typically 8-9weeks. Some strains going as long as 11. If it’s a photoperiod.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I should add, you want to check the trichomes on the buds. Most should be amber color with some cloudy. That’s how you will know when it’s ready. Around the time I stated above. How long have you been flowering?

Jkool92

Jkool92

I switched to 12 on 12 off May 10th so over 4 weeks probably 5

21DDE0E1 D707 4AF4 B486 A1CB02A7D8F6
005DEE10 58B6 49C0 9EA2 F623838FE709
Jkool92

Jkool92

Forgot to check water levels the other day she was almost dry and I didn’t add any nutes to the water this last week I usually change once a week I thought a biweekly flush would help

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Forgot to check water levels the other day she was almost dry and I didn’t add any nutes to the water this last week I usually change once a week I thought a biweekly flush would help
I’m no hydro grower. However, I’m baffled that they are 4 weeks info flowering and not a single flower. Are you sure they aren’t males? They should be well developed with some nice colas already. My plants are coming to end of week 5. See the difference?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I’m no hydro grower. However, I’m baffled that they are 4 weeks info flowering and not a single flower. Are you sure they aren’t males? They should be well developed with some nice colas already. My plants are coming to end of week 5. See the difference?

Nice grow.. :)

Jkool92

Jkool92

Holy shit I fucked these guys up then I know in the beginning I stunted the shit out of the hydro one changed water she came back to life veg stage for what felt like months maybe I don’t give enough nutes....I use a 1mL eye dropper and follow a food schedule where I’m at now is like 7.5mL of flora grow flora bloom and flora micro I’ve also been adding bat guano

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Holy shit I fucked these guys up then I know in the beginning I stunted the shit out of the hydro one changed water she came back to life veg stage for what felt like months maybe I don’t give enough nutes....I use a 1mL eye dropper and follow a food schedule where I’m at now is like 7.5mL of flora grow flora bloom and flora micro I’ve also been adding bat guano
I am no help there brotha as I grow in soil. But I Do know for 4 Weeks somethings going on. Hopefully some hydro growers will chime in. You didn’t fuck anything up, use the mistakes as tools to learn for your next grow. Knowledge is power. Happy grows.
Burnz

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Wow that plant is beautiful I’m growing Afghan kush indoor feminized seeds and using the flora series nutrients

Ok first you are growing an indica. They usually form up like the pic I uploaded for you to look at. I watched your video. And you've got little nugs forming... BUUUUUUUT they should be WAY farther along in week 5 than they are.

So 1 main question. How old were they when you popped them into flowering?
Sub Q - what lights do you have them under?

Each strain has its own "rules". When you are growing a Sativa there are all kinds of things you can get into like LST, super cropping, etc. With Indica I have always grown for the single baseball bat monster full length cola. No topping. No LST. Nothing. Just grow bitch. But if you flower them too early, then you're going to get super stretch and the buds won't connect. No super sized cola. On an Indica plant, I like to get that center main stalk COVERED in veg growth. Like no gaps, shoots crawling ALL around it. The reason is 2 fold. 1) When you flower it, the thing is going to come close to doubling in size. 2) I want the shoots to catch the stretch and close in the gaps. The shoots grow close to the main stalk on Indica like what you are growing. They branch like a Christmas tree on a Sativa.

Jkool92

Jkool92

Ok first you are growing an indica. They usually form up like the pic I uploaded for you to look at. I watched your video. And you've got little nugs forming... BUUUUUUUT they should be WAY farther along in week 5 than they are.

So 1 main question. How old were they when you popped them into flowering?
Sub Q - what lights do you have them under?

Each strain has its own "rules". When you are growing a Sativa there are all kinds of things you can get into like LST, super cropping, etc. With Indica I have always grown for the single baseball bat monster full length cola. No topping. No LST. Nothing. Just grow bitch. But if you flower them too early, then you're going to get super stretch and the buds won't connect. No super sized cola. On an Indica plant, I like to get that center main stalk COVERED in veg growth. Like no gaps, shoots crawling ALL around it. The reason is 2 fold. 1) When you flower it, the thing is going to come close to doubling in size. 2) I want the shoots to catch the stretch and close in the gaps. The shoots grow close to the main stalk on Indica like what you are growing. They branch like a Christmas tree on a Sativa.
I started the hydro one beginning of March and flowered in May at 3 months old it had a rough veg stage in a coolgrow 3 by 4 tent with top feed didn’t use a lot of nutes thought it was nute burn on my leaves they were yellow then flowered for one month changed lights from amazon led 600 w to a big ass xtrasun reflector light

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I started the hydro one beginning of March and flowered in May at 3 months old it had a rough veg stage in a coolgrow 3 by 4 tent with top feed didn’t use a lot of nutes thought it was nute burn on my leaves they were yellow then flowered for one month changed lights from amazon led 600 w to a big ass xtrasun reflector light

How many lumens is that light putting out? How large is your grow space?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

check your timers and make sure you don't have any light leaks because they don't look like they've been in 12/12 at all?

Latest posts

Top Bottom