When should i harvest these plants?

• Thread starter wolfsetone26
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wolfsetone26

First timer here and I am wondering at what point should I hang these ladies.

When should i harvest these plants
When should i harvest these plants 2
When should i harvest these plants 3
When should i harvest these plants 4
When should i harvest these plants 5
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Ask again in 4 weeks. I also agree with @Poekie, something doesn't look right in pics 4 and 5. You may also want to remove the dead foliage, imo its asking for trouble.

W

wolfsetone26

At least another month.
Looks like lots of spider mite on the 4th pic.

Ask again in 4 weeks. I also agree with @Poekie, something doesn't look right in pics 4 and 5. You may also want to remove the dead foliage, imo its asking for trouble.
Got it. Pic 4 and 5 are clone cuttings that are really frosty no mites no webs just loads of pollen

T

Titleist

From what the buds look like everyone is on the same page. Needs more time. If you're not sure, keep an eye on pistil color as it generally begins to darken towards maturity. You see them start to turn brown start keeping an eye on the trichomes.

Got it. Pic 4 and 5 are clone cuttings that are really frosty no mites no webs just loads of pollen
Loads of pollen? I'm not seeing a mature male in any of those pics. Where is the pollen coming from? Take a close up shot of the pollen you're describing if you have a moment.

Cannagar

Cannagar

First timer here and I am wondering at what point should I hang these ladies.
Don’t listen to anyone here that is giving you an answer. Because NONE of us can know without seeing the tricchomes. I would recommend getting a magnifying glass to attach to your phone camera for like 20 bucks and uploading a picture of them.

W

wolfsetone26

Here are photos I just took , not exactly professional but best I can do for right now.

20221113 175853
20221113 175839
20221113 174812
20221113 174755
20221113 174744
20221113 174346
20221113 174334
20221113 173319
20221113 173311
20221113 173248
20221113 173222
20221113 173153
20221113 173127
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

unfortunately those won’t help us see the trichomes. We need something more like this.
With all the stigmas still white i wouldnt even look at the trichs yet, i guess thats me though.

Need close ups of the actual bract itself tho, (where the stigma comes out of) that photo above is of a sugar leaf and not accurate when checking trichs for a harvest window.

Cannagar

Cannagar

With all the stigmas still white i wouldnt even look at the trichs yet, i guess thats me though.

Need close ups of the actual bract itself tho, (where the stigma comes out of) that photo above is of a sugar leaf and not accurate when checking trichs for a harvest window.
I know. But I’m trying to help new growers get in the habit of checking them. During a first run it’s useful to see it for yourself.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Don’t listen to anyone here that is giving you an answer. Because NONE of us can know without seeing the tricchomes. I would recommend getting a magnifying glass to attach to your phone camera for like 20 bucks and uploading a picture of them.
Really?
Looking with a magnifying glass when you are just about half way flowering?
Explain whats the point of that?

I would listen to all answers given except yours.

Cannagar

Cannagar

Really?

Wow. Ok.
I guess you dont value teaching someone to think for themselves. If OP understands what to look for when its done then they wont have to keep asking how they will know when it is.

i thought that was fairly obvious in my statement.

Cannagar

Cannagar

Really?

Im not trying to be argumentative. But there was no need to call me out like that when I havent said anything untrue.
Based on how long your been in these forums I expect you also know that the trichomes determine harvest time.
which is essentially what OP was asking...

Cannagar

Cannagar

Maybe for some lol. I find when people start checking trichs at this stage they almost always wanna chop early.
Too each their own then I guess.
for me personally it was the thing that helped me not want to chop early.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Wow. Ok.
I guess you dont value teaching someone to think for themselves. If OP understands what to look for when its done then they wont have to keep asking how they will know when it is.

i thought that was fairly obvious in my statement.
Only thing obvious is your bad advice and arrogance.

Gonna hit the ignore button for the first time ever.
No need for arrogant people in my life.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Too each their own then I guess.
for me personally it was the thing that helped me not want to chop early.
To an inexperienced eye, trichomes can be tricky because if you dont look at them right, the stalks of the trichome can make the heads look cloudy but they really arent. Hence making people want to chop early. Ive learned if i look at the side of the trichs, you get a better idea of where you stand.

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom