When should i start flushing?

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

My plant is soon 6 weeks
Its estimated to harvest at 8-9 weeks
So big question is when do i know its the right time?

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I've never done it, so I don't know if there is a specifically right time. If I were to do it, there would have to be a reason other than the passage of time, like a nutrient issue.
Alr i mean i got a bit of buildup so i could perhaps just start cutting down on my nutes?

Z

zombiegangster

I start about a week before the harvest, you can use a ppm meter and test your run-off should be close to 0 then you can harvest. This was our SOP when I was growing commercially. It depends on what kind of nutes you're using but I could taste the difference when smoking it if we didn't flush it all the way. When we did it was way smoother not as harsh.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I start about a week before the harvest, you can use a ppm meter and test your run-off should be close to 0 then you can harvest. This was our SOP when I was growing commercially. It depends on what kind of nutes you're using but I could taste the difference when smoking it if we didn't flush it all the way. When we did it was way smoother not as harsh.
Im using canna terra nutes they are synthetic Chelated immediately available to the plant

And i measure runoff PH and EC every watering to see whats up in the pot🤟😆

Mr.OrganicGrows

Mr.OrganicGrows

Im a new grower aswell.

But from what I have been researching and reading, I will be shooting for the last feeding x3 weeks out. And when I’m about x1 out I will flush the plant (this will also be the last watering) and let it begin naturally using all left over nutes in the plant material and drying the medium. Finally, I plan on giving it 48 hrs darkness and the harvest.

Good luck!

Z

zombiegangster

Im using canna terra nutes they are synthetic Chelated immediately available to the plant

And i measure runoff PH and EC every watering to see whats up in the pot🤟😆
Should be a good process then like someone else said, some people think it doesn't do anything, but personally I can taste when a plant wasn't flushed and it usually is a bit harsher on the throat. And especially since you're smoking it you'd be smoking whatever is left over in the plant.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Should be a good process then like someone else said, some people think it doesn't do anything, but personally I can taste when a plant wasn't flushed and it usually is a bit harsher on the throat. And especially since you're smoking it you'd be smoking whatever is left over in the plant.
Iguess the excess chlorophyll doesnt exit the plant it might taste a little different
like you probably know
Water without minerals taste like shit
Minerals do taste theyre in the cannabis might not be everyone tasting them but iguess there many factors at play🤟

Z

zombiegangster

Iguess the excess chlorophyll doesnt exit the plant it might taste a little different
like you probably know
Water without minerals taste like shit
Minerals do taste theyre in the cannabis might not be everyone tasting them but iguess there many factors at play🤟
Very true like I said ultimately depends on the nutes you use. If you're using all organic nutes and flavored teas during flowering to increase flavor then definitely less on the flushing to retain some of that sweetness. But in my opinion most of the synthetic stuff taste like garbage when smoked in comparison.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Very true like I said ultimately depends on the nutes you use. If you're using all organic nutes and flavored teas during flowering to increase flavor then definitely less on the flushing to retain some of that sweetness. But in my opinion most of the synthetic stuff taste like garbage when smoked in comparison.
Never really did a side by side but thats for a future project🤟

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Alr i mean i got a bit of buildup so i could perhaps just start cutting down on my nutes?
That's what I do. Sorry I forgot to mention it. I top dress dry nutrients and apply the last feeding about four weeks before I estimate harvesting. I do believe nutrients can affect taste and flavor. Letting the plant reduce them makes sense to me.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

That's what I do. Sorry I forgot to mention it. I top dress dry nutrients and apply the last feeding about four weeks before I estimate harvesting. I do believe nutrients can affect taste and flavor. Letting the plant reduce them makes sense to me.
I reeally wanted to try growing in
pure coco with worm castings
Using dry amendments sounds reallly easy too

Already looked at the gaia green 4.4.4 and power bloom 2.4.8

Any advice?

PooToe

PooToe

Before I comment, when you say you were "flushing" are you talking about going straight from your normal bloom recipe to straight water or are you tapering down the PPM's in the solution until you get to straight water"?

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Flushing removes the npk from the soil it doesn’t remove it from the plants

The Excess chlorophyll dissipates with a cure.
This^^^

you cannot flush the "excess" nutes from the plant, it doesn't work how bro science has many people believing it does..

the real question would be if you fed your plant properly why would it have an excess of nutes?
if you believe there is an excess of nutes in your plant, why?

I notice many people confuse how some growers start cutting back how much they feed on the later weeks for flushing but it's not the case. cutting back is just to save some money as the plant begins needing less.
flushing is for toilets

PooToe

PooToe

This^^^

you cannot flush the "excess" nutes from the plant, it doesn't work how bro science has many people believing it does..

the real question would be if you fed your plant properly why would it have an excess of nutes?
if you believe there is an excess of nutes in your plant, why?

I notice many people confuse how some growers start cutting back how much they feed on the later weeks for flushing but it's not the case. cutting back is just to save some money as the plant begins needing less.
flushing is for toilets
I call it "Tapering"

Top Bottom