when to start flush and how to flush hydro

• Thread starter cseyrida
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cseyrida

Sorry, fingas movin to fast, I have a pre-bubba 98 and a hindu kush flowering together in a hydro bucket, when I originally purchased the clones I was told they both had a 8 week flower time, I recently came across info. stating that hindu kush needs 10-12 weeks of flowering, and pre-bubba only needs 8 the tric. are already changing color at week 5. My question is, when and how do I flush? and how do you flush if one needs longer to flower than the other? Need assistance help please,

H

hysterix

The average time to flush for hydro systems about two weeks. Some people do less, some people do more depending upon preference.

Their are a few methods to flush, the first is just simple plain water. The next is you can dose your reservoir to be a very low amount (300-500 ppm after tap) and flush with that for a few days, slowly lowering the ppm over the period of the two weeks. By the end of all, the reservoir is just plain water.

You can change the reservoir however often you like; some people change it every day throughout the flush, some people change it every other day, it all depends on your preference.

That is generally how a hydro flush is done at the end of a run, but of course there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

It's tough with different strains in the same bucket... My suggestion for this case would be to flush at day 60, take down the Bubba at day 70, and the hindu around day 75.

O

ogatec

i owuld pick a harvest date in between the two& not run different strains in the same bucket. i think a low ppm flush would be good in this situation!

L

likeakite

Agree on the low ppm flush in this case. Maybe you could give the HK a little high ppm for a week after the pre-bubba is harvested, then start woking ppm back down before the HK harvest.

N

northern monsta

i think your going to have to to take the 8 week bubba to9 and a half weeks including flush and take the longer flowering 1 5 days or so later but im guessing on the best thing to do hope u manage it bro

F

FastForward

I generally do 2 weeks, or the last 10 days in the very least - it's kind of plant dependent I find (some handle the flush better than others). The first week they get Canna Flush, the second week they get plain non-pH'd tapwater, sometimes with some molasses added for taste (but only once). Then, two days before the chop they go into 48 hours total darkness....and I try to make sure that they have their last tapwater drink a day before that so they're pretty dry before going into darkness. In this heat I've started giving them their last water as they go into darkness, so they're damp when they come out to get cut and hung - the logic being that in the heat it'll slow down the process....

S

stones

I generally do 2 weeks, or the last 10 days in the very least - it's kind of plant dependent I find (some handle the flush better than others). The first week they get Canna Flush, the second week they get plain non-pH'd tapwater, sometimes with some molasses added for taste (but only once). Then, two days before the chop they go into 48 hours total darkness....and I try to make sure that they have their last tapwater drink a day before that so they're pretty dry before going into darkness. In this heat I've started giving them their last water as they go into darkness, so they're damp when they come out to get cut and hung - the logic being that in the heat it'll slow down the process....

exactly what he said but no molasses for me

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
the last 2 weeks is when plants pack on the most weight and i don't understand why people cut off all food to them and starve the plants.
personally i prefer to give them a fresh res with full strength nutes 2 weeks prior to harvest and for that 2 weeks only add back fresh water when the rez gets low. also i'd only adjust the PH when the res was full/topped off.

devilrays

devilrays

I never run two strains off the same res. They won't finish at the same time usually. I run full nutes to the last week. Then just strait water.

2fast4u2

2fast4u2

last 4 weeks i only top off with Ro water, ph adjust if needed, but usually the top off water assimilates the ph of the res.

Usually by harvest im down to about 400ppm. Ive gone w/o flushing most of time ive been growing with absolutely no negative affects in the final outcome, i use GH FLora nutes, makes me weary if flushing is even necessary provided the plants arent over fertilized.

jmvho

2fast

Top Bottom