When to start watering twice a day? Coco

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

@Jumpingspider I basically copied coco for cannabis DIY system word for word

List of parts I used

Are you using the rings or droppers? How many plants on your setup?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Rings. Setup for 6 in one tent and 4 in another. I don't always use them all. The price I quoted before was for the six.
I was thinking of building that same one off those plans but for 4 big plants in 5 gallon pots for my 5x5 tent. I was going to build it for this run but I don't know how easy it would be to install this far into the grow. I'm on day 1 of flower.

Pondracer

Pondracer

When mine get to a size slightly less than in the original posters pic I move them to 2 gallon pots, and switch to twice daily. I do run a 24 hour cycle, so I run the pump at 12 hours, for 1 minute on my system gets me the ~20% runoff I am looking for.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I was thinking of building that same one off those plans but for 4 big plants in 5 gallon pots for my 5x5 tent. I was going to build it for this run but I don't know how easy it would be to install this far into the grow. I'm on day 1 of flower.
Wait until you have a clear tent and before day 1. They take a little bit of tweaking you don't want to do it with plants in there. Just my 2 cents.

There's a very important detail left out of the Coco for cannabis DIY and that's making sure every plant is the same distance of pipe away from the pump and all splits in the same spot, otherwise you will have uneven watering. It takes a few tries to figure it out sometimes 👍

Pondracer

Pondracer

There's a very important detail left out of the Coco for cannabis DIY and that's making sure every plant is the same distance of pipe away from the pump and all splits in the same spot, otherwise you will have uneven watering. It takes a few tries to figure it out sometimes 👍

This can also be dealt with by using an adjustable manifold.

Odiesel

Odiesel

If you are feeding with salt based nutrients i would recommend keeping the coco moisture content at around 50-60% and as others said feed as often as you have to in order to maintain that moisture content throughout the day with 10-20% runoff. I stop feeding 2 hours before lights off in order to achieve a certain percentage of dryback overnight depending on stage of growth.

Currently i am in 2 gallon pots and hand watering but i will tell you i am watering like 8 or so times a day for flower and even more times a day in veg.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Wait until you have a clear tent and before day 1. They take a little bit of tweaking you don't want to do it with plants in there. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, yeah I'll probably do that for the next run. I need to build self draining trays too 😁

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Thanks, yeah I'll probably do that for the next run. I need to build self draining trays too 😁
The draining trays were a waste imo. I pitch my floors 1/4 inch per foot back to front. Makes collecting the runoff easier. This is almost 2 days worth on my 16x plant in a 3x3. About a gallon. 10 min work with the turkey baster lol 👍

20210317 013312

One day I will add a sump pump for the runoff and possibly recirculate it 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If you're gonna do high frequency auto feed there's no need to ever go larger than 3 gal pots imo. You're just adding more RH into the tent at that point. 👍

Odiesel

Odiesel

If you're gonna do high frequency auto feed there's no need to ever go larger than 3 gal pots imo. You're just adding more RH into the tent at that point. 👍
100% with this type of feeding i see most run 1 or 2 gallon pots normally

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks, that was going to be my next question, it seems everyone on auto feed is growing in small pots. Can you yield the same that way?

Odiesel

Odiesel

Thanks, that was going to be my next question, it seems everyone on auto feed is growing in small pots. Can you yield the same that way?
I can only imagine from the people i constantly see on IG that grow in small 1 gallon bags still yielding the same numbers if not more than most. As long as you are following VPD and keeping the proper moisture content of the medium i dont see how pot size can make a difference. Ive seen plenty of people grow rooms of plants with 6 inch rockwool cubes all yielding expected amounts.

Top Bottom