when to stop feeding synthetic nutrients in coco coir?

• Thread starter TheGreenGroomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

do you cut off feeding nutrients 2weeks prior to harvest or feed all the way up until harvest then flush it ?

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

3day flush is perfectly fine.
i am running the shogun samurai coco nutrients at it has a additive made for the 2nd to last week of flower its called dragon force then after that 1 week plain water im just confused on when i should begin my 2week flush would i checkout my trichomes and overall qaulity and if trichomes are 70%amber 30%milky i should begin the 2week flush phase? with 1 week being just dragon force then the last week water?

ive attached a image of the feed chart so you can have a better understanding of what i see

35ppm starting water   Per 1Litre
Last edited:
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

I believe that is true for organically growing but when using synthetic nutrients it’s a must to flush no? To get rid off all salts in medium and lockout nutrients being available to the plant for better overall product? Your point is fair tho and could work amazing but for this time (my first time) I will atleast flush for 1 week 3days the least

I just wanted opinions or advice from experienced growers who grow synthetic in coco as to when they flush and how long for 😊

Thankyou tho buddy!

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Flushing is a myth. 2 weeks before harvest cut nutes back 25%. Week before harvest, cut back another 25%.

Do you grow in coco using synthetic nutrients.?

Have you done this technique and how was the overall product ?

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

I dont use coco, but I do use an inert medium/Sphagnum Moss. Promix BX. Ive never flushed, in 47 years. And I use chemicals.
interesting buddy wow does the buds still taste good? have u trailed this on 1 strain, 1 being flushed and 1 not?

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

I've done side by side with clones and no difference I can smell or taste with flush so I chop when the plant is ready.
so you feed nutes all the way up until you cut never watering plain water towards the end.?

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Unless one force feeds a plant, the plant, will only uptake what it needs to survive. No more, no less.
The main thing is towards the end, when the plant starts using less water, also means its food needs will also go down, but it makes no sense to starve your plant, when there are still metabolic processes going on. Often, on the last watering, I will water with water only, but by that time, the plant has done, what its going to do, and if the plant really needs anything, there will still be a small amount of fert, left in the medium. But unless the medium is overloaded with fert, the plant will only use whats necessary to survive. I always try and use the Least amount of fertilizer, but, also enough to keep them happy, healthy, and growing as fast as possible, and using as much water as possible. Overfert, is also a good way to make some plants hermi.

Top Bottom