When to use Nutes w/ Coast of Maine soil?

• Thread starter MoLdYtWiG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MoLdYtWiG

MoLdYtWiG

I am using Coast of Maine - Bar Harbor Blend. I have read that some people wait 2 or 3 weeks to begin using nutrients with Fox Farm.

Should I do the same with Coast of Maine - Bar Harbor Blend?

Also, they used half dosage while following the feeding chart.

Does this work if using Coast of Maine (soil) with Roots Organic Terp Tea and Roots Organic Bloom (nutes)?

Cmaine
Terptea
When to use nutes w coast of maine soil 3

thank you

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've used CoM Platinum Blend, and that had nutes for about 3-4 weeks. Yes, I'm sure you can use Roots nutes with CoM.

Welcome to THC Farmer.

Z

Zill

Big mo,

Never heard of roots stuff before. Went and looked it up.

This is quote from the site regarding the green bag

“Amend any potting soil with this micronized vegetative nutrient to activate the aromatic power of your gardens natural terpenes”.

If anyone on this forum can tell me what that statement means I’ll give you a dollar. Such BS.

MoLdYtWiG

MoLdYtWiG

Big mo,

Never heard of roots stuff before. Went and looked it up.

This is quote from the site regarding the green bag

“Amend any potting soil with this micronized vegetative nutrient to activate the aromatic power of your gardens natural terpenes”.

If anyone on this forum can tell me what that statement means I’ll give you a dollar. Such BS.
i get it... marketing blah blah. but i think they are saying you get a better terpene profile buy using soil and their nutes. the quote is mostly true based on the fact that SOIL is being used. imho.

Z

Zill

I gotcha Mo. Before I become a believer, I would have to see the data showing a difference in the terpene profiles. I joined this forum in the fall as I was nearing my own single plant harvest. You guys have not selected an easy hobby especially if you decide to grow indoors. You try to do the right thing then you get beset upon by these clever plant stuff manufacturers and get taken.

After a while it sort of pisses me off because these guys are making false statements about their products, and they are making loads of money off us. There I feel better. Good luck Mo!

Zill.

TSD

TSD

I gotcha Mo. Before I become a believer, I would have to see the data showing a difference in the terpene profiles. I joined this forum in the fall as I was nearing my own single plant harvest. You guys have not selected an easy hobby especially if you decide to grow indoors. You try to do the right thing then you get beset upon by these clever plant stuff manufacturers and get taken.

After a while it sort of pisses me off because these guys are making false statements about their products, and they are making loads of money off us. There I feel better. Good luck Mo!

Zill.
A quick Google search will give you plenty of info about how organic soil and certain microbes can have an effect on terpenes. There's plenty of products that probably don't do as much as they claim, but there is a legit connection between soil and terpene profile. I've personally noticed it, my outdoor usually smells and tastes better than most commercially grown stuff.

MoLdYtWiG

MoLdYtWiG

thanks for the info... can we get back to the original question?

TSD

TSD

thanks for the info... can we get back to the original question?
I'd say 3 weeks is the general range when starting in a soil like that, I've personally never used it. I used ocean forest to start this season and started with about quarter strength veg nutes at about 3 weeks... could wait till they look a little hungry if you're worried about over feeding.

MoLdYtWiG

MoLdYtWiG

Do you have a chart for your feeding schedule you can share?

Blastfact

Blastfact

That soil is not that hot. The NPK numbers are on the back of the bag. With a NPK of .40-.11-.07 it's not rocket fuel. Soon as a seedling puts it first real node on it's in veg and start feeding very lightly. The Roots Organic is marketing BS. I know you don't want to hear it. But it's not going to do anything for the terps. The Grow is pretty much nitrogen with a NPK of 7-1-1 and the Bloom is standard fare of 3-7-4. Roots Organic does supply some bio in there basic formula so thats nice. Pick your flimflam Man lies, own it and Rock On...

Last edited:
Top Bottom