When to water coco?

• Thread starter aperry975
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I got same view . I even see the extra growth from drying and then watering (happend by acident at first) was watering everyday got behind
coco went dry and when I fed they jumped did you notice this Goo ?
got stem rot on some too from overwatering my 2 pennys :hi

Yes I see a nice growth.. But mostly I let them dry out a Lil so the roots can search 4 water & grow massive roots..

U can't over water coco cuz coco is like a sponge & can only so much water.. I no growers that water there coco every single day with no issues at all.. I water every 2-3 days cuz I can afford 2 water everyday.. I'm on a budget..even when the coco is full of water the roots still get air..

F

fuzzy

canna

When i switched to coco, i used canna and never had any problems.:pimp: peace,fuzzy

T

thumpnasty

somebody told me once that i should treat coco like dirt in the beginning, let um dry, let the roots stretch, and then once the roots are goin good i can water more often. i also think it is very important to have your roots fully established before you flip!!!So it is needing to be watered every day by day 1 of 12\12. i like to get um in the pots im gonna flower in 2 or 3 weeks before i flip.

joeca1i

joeca1i

try canna,or coco with oregonism xl added,.You should also add some lime (epsoma) and perlite if you want(Ido).Use smart pots,or containers.Ageold organics for veg.(lil goes a longway)..If for some rare reason you see a gnat,get some pure homemade neemoil(ebay) 1 drop per 8oz. spray bottle.Spray the surface,before you water.Water when the pot in dry.you can tell by picking it up when you water it,and when its dry.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I would say if you are not getting gnats joe it is likely because you are letting the pots dry out and has nothing to do with the oregonism or the canna. gnats will die off if you let the medium dry. Cheapest solution is the Microbe lift bmc I mentioned previously imo. Talk about a little going a long way (5 drops per 100 gallons)

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I would say if you are not getting gnats joe it is likely because you are letting the pots dry out and has nothing to do with the oregonism or the canna. gnats will die off if you let the medium dry. Cheapest solution is the Microbe lift bmc I mentioned previously imo. Talk about a little going a long way (5 drops per 100 gallons)

I second the Microbe lift. Stuff works great!

Beastgrow

Beastgrow

I had great results treating it like soil. The plants seem to be able to go fine for at least 48 hours between waterings in smaller containers and at least 72 hours between waterings in large containers.. I water about 1-2 gallons for a 5 gallon container about once every 5 days. or about 1/4 gallon every other day for 6 inch containers.

Aladeen has suggested I treat the coco like hydro and water it 1-2 times per day with some runoff... This will use probably 3-4 times more water and nutes but if it makes the plants grow quicker then it would be useful for getting nutes to the plant when it needs them.

Last edited:
geralds

geralds

Would it be possible for Mag to get locked out due to watering too frequently? I’ve started watering at 600ppm ph 6.1-6.2 about 100-150ppm of Calmag. I’ve also cut my lights in half and raised them which seemed to help quite a bit. I’ve upped watering to twice a day. However it seems like this problem won’t go away. Could it be chlorine in the water locking it out. I really feel like I’m giving them everything they need. These are some photos of the leaves still after two days of upping waterings to 2 times a day @600ppm 6.1 Canna A*B and calmag. How long does it take to cure a mag def? *The curled leaf was from the very bottom

11019ED6 F3CD 452D 891E E78B425BA1B7
5F87884D 8877 4618 9E05 E141B0D28B27
7E611C3B 25EB 4409 B23E D671124D6606
5DC5407F FFE3 4ED1 982C 6103EE561FF6
27A261EB 8AB0 4246 BA69 70B9D4DB70A3
A409CC92 B9CB 47ED B5E7 41091110199F
63FA079A 8A59 4C96 A3DE D34E568C9099
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would it be possible for Mag to get locked out due to watering too frequently? I’ve started watering at 600ppm ph 6.1-6.2 about 100-150ppm of Calmag. I’ve also cut my lights in half and raised them which seemed to help quite a bit. I’ve upped watering to twice a day. However it seems like this problem won’t go away. Could it be chlorine in the water locking it out. I really feel like I’m giving them everything they need. These are some photos of the leaves still after two days of upping waterings to 2 times a day @600ppm 6.1 Canna A*B and calmag. How long does it take to cure a mag def? *The curled leaf was from the very bottom
Have whole plant pics?

Have you tested the ph of run off?
How long has this been an issue?

I highly doubt if this just started its chlorine.

How much run off are you giving when you feed?

Looking like a couple different deficiencies. It could be a lock out or root problems.

Not a coco grower but see if I can't help ya in the mean time. Or at least get relevant info.

Tagging a coco grower for ya.
@Enforcer

geralds

geralds

Yes diligent on runoff. Input is about 600-650 ph 6.0-6.2. Runoff is about 560ppm ph 5.9-6.1. It’s been an issue for about 2+ weeks. I’ve flushed once heavy once not so heavy because I didn’t know what else to do. I was watering once a day with a lot of runoff. The last two days watering twice a day with good runoff. People have told me oh you defiantly need to up your waterings. But from what I’ve researched that can also lead to magnesium deficiency. So I’m at twice a day at the moment. Tap water is 130ppm Feeding 7ml canna a b, +150 ppm calmag plus. I sprayed with Epsom salts today but I’ve also sprayed a week ago and didn’t see shit

3A06C2DE 3F0C 43AA 8F1A 2BA73FBC13CB
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got a feeling if you flush with ph'ed water like 3 time the volume then feed half strength nutes and cut your cal mag in half it's gonna fix it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you using RO?
Just a and b with calmag. Until I turn them around
@Enforcer mind taking a look?

It could be the CEC of the coco. If so I think flushing 3x volume of ph'ed with full doses of cal mag then half strength feed should help.

Hopefully enforcer pops in. . Guy knows his coco.

geralds

geralds

No tap water 140ppm. I was thinking somehow I flushed everything out because of the two flushes I did. I used slf-100 which is a enzyme that breaks down salt and flushes it out. For a while I was adding 700ppm and runoff was 390. I really don’t know wtf is going on. Makes me want to stop growing honesty or switch to soil

Top Bottom