When will then be now?

• Thread starter Smithers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smithers

Smithers

My two in veg did a solid amount of growth since Tuesday. Most tops were even with the metal mesh 4 days ago. These will be the largest I've vegged so far, by a lot.
IMG 4411
IMG 4422

Smithers

Smithers

Crossed into week 10 today. I noticed my first amber trichs today at lights on. I'd say 1-2% amber, a few heads flopping over but most are upright.

I chopped the mother of these the first day of week 9 with mild flushing at 5% amber (prob too early), so expecting similar I began dropping nutrients around week 7 for these. They are pretty starving, which may end up making this run better than last for taste. I am planning to check trichs at lights on every day. When I see about 5-8% I think I'm going to shut the lights and drop the temp for 1 more day... (36hrs off) should be the following day for chop, hopefully a bit over 10%? I am really unsure exactly the speed of the progression to amber, but I know this morning wasn't the morning to switch to dark.

I think 1-2 more days. Then a dark day. Then 🪴🪓!

If my timing estimate doesn't match what you do, let me know. I've only done this once already, and I am here to learn better or alternative ways.

IMG 4438

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Crossed into week 10 today. I noticed my first amber trichs today at lights on. I'd say 1-2% amber, a few heads flopping over but most are upright.

I chopped the mother of these the first day of week 9 with mild flushing at 5% amber (prob too early), so expecting similar I began dropping nutrients around week 7 for these. They are pretty starving, which may end up making this run better than last for taste. I am planning to check trichs at lights on every day. When I see about 5-8% I think I'm going to shut the lights and drop the temp for 1 more day... (36hrs off) should be the following day for chop, hopefully a bit over 10%? I am really unsure exactly the speed of the progression to amber, but I know this morning wasn't the morning to switch to dark.

I think 1-2 more days. Then a dark day. Then 🪴🪓!

If my timing estimate doesn't match what you do, let me know. I've only done this once already, and I am here to learn better or alternative ways.

View attachment 1132203
It's all preference as long as your in the window. I can't inspect the plant up close but I'd say your on the right track.

Smithers

Smithers

Big changes in the grow space today on Day 75. The ripe ladies went dark and as cold as I could get (high 60s) for a bit over 36 hours before cutting and hanging this morning. Lights out for the last time was Tuesday night.

I'm really happy with them. I made a few mistakes during transition to flower, and early flower, which probably cost me some yield. I'm expecting somewhere about 2.5-3.5 oz each. We'll know in another week or so. The Veg room is officially now the Dry room for the next 10 days...
IMG 4472

The clones ended up stretching up A LOT more than I expected. Some stalks at the top have >3" between nodes. That'll stop abruptly under my two SF1000s @100 about 16-18" off canopy I hope. I'm curious to see what happens as they adjust to the new lights. This is what they looked like fresh out of the veg room into the flower room:
IMG 4473

And I thought they were in need of some spreading out, so I pulled all the stalks in perimeter holes to the outer edges with wire. I thought one stalk needed folding over so I folded it into an empty area, but I want to let them just go natural for a while from here and see how they fill in, if I can keep my hands off them. I defoliated a few days ago, so I'm hoping for lots of new action in the middle under the better lights.

They are staying in Veg to get bigger, a few more weeks. I think I'll up-pot to 5-gals in a couple days.
IMG 4478
IMG 4486

Smithers

Smithers

I did a few projects on the room and up-potted the ladies to 5-gallons. I just cut the fabric off, and into the new pots they went without a hiccup.
IMG 4489

I also cleaned the room, and lowered the base my watering pan sits on. I had been using some low sawhorses, today I switched to milk crates. The canopy has filled out 2'x4' already, but way more head height available with a lower pan. They are under 2x SF1000s at 100% @18-20", and I'm planning to put my little light bar in here as soon as I figure out how to rig it, that'll add another 45w.
IMG 4494

IMG 4505

Smithers

Smithers

Random yard update: I harvested 5 quarts of cherries off my little tree so far, probably 3 more quarts left. Then the Wisniak liqueur is getting going. 🍒🍷🎄

Bumper crop this year compared to previous seasons. I've been spraying it with LAB every few weeks and occasionally pouring my runoff under it.
IMG 4560

IMG 4567
Smithers

Smithers

The two plants in veg are going strong. They are loving the new room, and the 5 gallon pots. I did a pretty massive defoliation today before pictures, they're looking to fill out.

Left plant, Right plant, and zoomed in.
IMG 4573

IMG 4574

IMG 4553

Smithers

Smithers

Good morning!
2nd time smoking scissor hash.
✂️🍃🔥😶‍🌫️🤪🤪🤪

Excited to see what I weigh out later

Smithers

Smithers

Wow, took me just about 4 hours to trim my final 4.5oz. With 18.5g of trim. Now I have around 1.5oz trim in jars I gotta do something with.

Buds look super nice, a lot more developed than my last cut. I’m glad it went 2 weeks longer, and I managed the feed taper and cut / dry a lot better than last time. Can’t wait to try after some cure time. I separated buds in jars by size this time.

After an hour in the jars it’s 64% with them sitting on the floor of my 66F lung room. I’m going to check again in a few hours and I’ll get a couple pictures.

I see why people grow bigger plants, these two combined were only slight more yield than my first plant alone.

Smithers

Smithers

Here's some pictures from the mother plant cured, vs some buds recently harvested from the 2 clones. The mother had the same trich appearance at 65 days, a full 10 days earlier than the recent clones were cut. The clones harvested with a lot more darkened pistils (from dark out before cut i think), and they seem to have tighter smaller buds. The clones white pistils were still bursting out right up until the end, the mother seemed to slow down and ripen a bit differently.

New harvest on the left, cured mother harvest on the right.
IMG 4618

Recent harvest:
IMG 4624

IMG 4625

Mother plant from previous harvest. I think the new buds are going to smoke a lot better, but I really have no clue yet.
IMG 4623

Smithers

Smithers

These two filled out like crazy! I've given them 3 days of neglect since my last thrashing, and now they're ready for another one. Looks like some minor leaf issues too, maybe left over from the transplant. I'll be watering them tomorrow and a few hours later I'm going to get my scissors in there. I hope to flip by about next weekend, so I'll be trimming the bottoms hard and a few more leaves off the top. I might take a few cuts to give a friend while I'm at it.

And after picking sour cherries again this morning, I'm up to 7.5qt waiting to ferment. Another 1.5qt left on the tree. Good times! 🍸

IMG 4604

IMG 4598

Smithers

Smithers

Took another 150+ leaves off these two after their watering today.
IMG 4639

IMG 4634

IMG 4641

IMG 4640

Any recommendations for additional training or tending before flipping? I figure I'll switch schedules to 12/12 in around 3-6 more days...

Smithers

Smithers

Shucks... A couple of bad news items in this update. I posted a thread to identify some strange shell formations on a few fan leaves, turns out they are likely Scale based on the feedback from the farm. I've been picking them off like nbd, and they've pretty much gone away. I've in total seen 8-10 over a week. A friend gave me 2 packages of nematodes and I threw it on the pots and watered it in last week. I hope that wasn't a massive mistake, I didn't source them myself. I didn't even know if these incubated in the soil, but they seem to be gone. Pictures of the Scale situation:

IMG 4690

So THEN, I've been scouting pretty hard. I've been looking for these little MFs, but I haven't seen them. And while searching so well, I see white spots on a single leaf. I pluck it and under the microscope we go. Fck Fck Fck! I'm pretty sure I even see a little piece of shit next to it in one of the photos - or more likely an egg.

I searched some leaves with my handheld 20x, and I found what appear to be 2 distinct species of what I'm thinking are spider mites. I didn't get any pictures of the larger black one I found, I didn't keep my cool and smushed it. I'm pretty sure it was much larger in size, easier to see with the naked eye. And it was a completely different color and shape. I saw that 1 spotted leaf, and a single lone mite crawling after a good search. I'm sure they are everywhere tho. So... I run to the hydro store - CLOSED until after the holiday next weekend. Went to the local garden store and picked up:
IMG 4678

I did a good heavy spraying from underneath and from the side and top, a few hours before lights out. I couldn't get there at dark, so I did it earlier than I wanted and dimmed the lights to 60% until I can crank them up again at lights on. I assume I'll be spraying again in 1-2 weeks to catch the remaining. I haven't needed to battle pests until now, I'm hoping to stay ahead well enough. Fck. At least I can zoom in really far.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Smithers

Smithers

Good news is the 4 clones are all looking great to me, and I hope to see the beginnings of roots on them within the week. The flower room overall to me looks pretty good despite the bug situation. I am day #4 of flower, and will see how the plants responded to the spinosad over the coming days.

IMG 4677
IMG 4680

Smithers

Smithers

Gotta get my dehu draining via hose asap. That’s my plan for today. Emptied the tank last night 2 hours before dark, 14 hours later I find it’s been OFF with full tank for who knows how long. 70 pints doesn’t take long to fill at all when it’s 95F out every damn day. 2nd AC up and running yesterday, just can’t keep it dry… 71% RH in there when I arrived.

Emptied dehu less than 5 minutes ago and I’ve dropped to 60%Rh. This happened yesterday too, and when I saw the spots yesterday I thought PM, not mites. This grow is gonna teach me way more than the prior two cycles, going way off the rails first week of flower here. Bring the challenge! 😀🥸

I don’t learn much from easy success!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gotta get my dehu draining via hose asap. That’s my plan for today. Emptied the tank last night 2 hours before dark, 14 hours later I find it’s been OFF with full tank for who knows how long. 70 pints doesn’t take long to fill at all when it’s 95F out every damn day. 2nd AC up and running yesterday, just can’t keep it dry… 71% RH in there when I arrived.

Emptied dehu less than 5 minutes ago and I’ve dropped to 60%Rh. This happened yesterday too, and when I saw the spots yesterday I thought PM, not mites. This grow is gonna teach me way more than the prior two cycles, going way off the rails first week of flower here. Bring the challenge! 😀🥸

I don’t learn much from easy success!!
Yeah need that drain hose. It can pull 70 pints but not if the 1-2 gal holding tank keeps shutting it off. 😁

Smithers

Smithers

Yeah need that drain hose. It can pull 70 pints but not if the 1-2 gal holding tank keeps shutting it off. 😁
For sure. I’m trying to set that up now. Right, 70p/24hr. Not 70p tank. Lately I’ve been giving this project 50% effort. And it’s been asking for 150%.

Last two days I’ve made some good changes to get the room ok for summer, and added some spinosad to the Arsenal because I’ve neglected bug precautions a bit too much it seems. Thanks for checking in 😀

Smithers

Smithers

The room looks pretty lush this afternoon. The bug spray doesn't seem to have had any negative effects that I can see yet. I got the dehu permanently plumbed to a proper drain, which feels really good, that became an issue very suddenly.
IMG 4700

IMG 4691

Latest posts

Top Bottom