Where are the Keto Kannabis recpies?

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Many of us have diabeties or are borderline. We don't want to get any worse, so we change our diet to Keto to combat the evil sugar demon.
What are your favorites? Has anyone done any Keto Kannabis Kookies yet?

Sofar, I'm working on a keto version of my favorite, Bisquick. I think I've almost got it.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

The two carriers I use are coconut oil and simple syrup
They have different onset times and different effects

Simply infuse some oil or ghee and use a low sugar or alternative sweetener recipe of your choice
Don't know anything about keto diet

I can infuse some simple syrup and measure a dose in a quarter of a teaspoon which is a minimal amount of sugar
So there are a couple of ways to reduce sugar intake

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Keto = Zero sugar or carbs. The carbs part is the real killer.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Check out modernist pantry

They may have some ingredients that can help you along the way

Are you essentially trying to bind the cannabinoids to a protein forward edible
Perhaps egg yolk and some egg substitute products may be a way of emulsify the cannabis oil into a recipe

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Actually, we infuse the cannaboids into butter and use that to cook with. We can also drop some in a brownie mix but, see theres the problem. Flour is a carbohydrate and turns to sugar in the body. Keto removes the carbs and sugar to rebalance the endocrine system for diabetics/borderline. I can not eat regular wheat flour, so we use substitutes, coconut flour, almond flour... but they have texture and taste problems. We've just about worked the issues with texture and flavor out.
Now it's time to figure out some recpies for the new Ketoquick Bread/Baking Mix we have come up with. Might even patent and sell it.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Texture is pretty easy to overcome
Taste is a different story

From my tincture filtering tries I learned it is hard to eliminate a taste
Lots of experimenting before settling on my final filtering recipe

Probably doing a mix of several flours in a certain ratio will help you attain the texture and taste balance you are looking for in a finished product

Could you post an example of a keto recipe you would want to infuse
Not one of yours if you are still working on it but a recipe that may be similar so I can get an idea of what you want
It will help me understand if I see the ingredient list
I could Google it but a million links would come up and I could not sort it out

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Texture is pretty easy to overcome
Taste is a different story

From my tincture filtering tries I learned it is hard to eliminate a taste
Lots of experimenting before settling on my final filtering recipe

Probably doing a mix of several flours in a certain ratio will help you attain the texture and taste balance you are looking for in a finished product

Could you post an example of a keto recipe you would want to infuse
Not one of yours if you are still working on it but a recipe that may be similar so I can get an idea of what you want
It will help me understand if I see the ingredient list
I could Google it but a million links would come up and I could not sort it out
Butterscotch Brownies. Show me a keto recpie for that.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

??????
Have no idea what you are looking for but good luck and keep medicated
"Could you post an example of a keto recipe you would want to infuse"

That's what you asked. I said Butterscotch Brownies is the recpie I want. A keto version.
The infusion is the easy part. We have a LEVO 2. Finding good tasting keto is the hard part.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

"Could you post an example of a keto recipe you would want to infuse"

That's what you asked. I said Butterscotch Brownies is the recpie I want. A keto version.
The infusion is the easy part. We have a LEVO 2. Finding good tasting keto is the hard part.

Just trying to understand
You are looking for a recipe that replaces the processed flour and sugar
You are using what I assume would be a vegan substitute for the grain flour in the recipe
This can present problems with the density but easy to overcome
The butterscotch part and sweetening will be the biggest hurdle I see

Thought you already had set recipes in mind
Instead of asking for a recipe I should have asked what kind of ingredients are permissible

I usually just take a recipe like this and bend it to my will through experimenting

Not trying to be a jerk or anything
This is interesting

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Just trying to understand
You are looking for a recipe that replaces the processed flour and sugar
You are using what I assume would be a vegan substitute for the grain flour in the recipe
This can present problems with the density but easy to overcome
The butterscotch part and sweetening will be the biggest hurdle I see

Thought you already had set recipes in mind
Instead of asking for a recipe I should have asked what kind of ingredients are permissible

I usually just take a recipe like this and bend it to my will through experimenting

Not trying to be a jerk or anything
This is interesting
You're not a jerk. This is what I am talking about, yes. The ingredients used. Cooking is chemistry. We have been cooking with wheat flour for so long that we know, understand and use all the various chemical variations there are in cooking. The problems is we have little knowledge of how it all works without wheat flour. So, we are learning how to cook all over again.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

You're not a jerk. This is what I am talking about, yes. The ingredients used. Cooking is chemistry. We have been cooking with wheat flour for so long that we know, understand and use all the various chemical variations there are in cooking. The problems is we have little knowledge of how it all works without wheat flour. So, we are learning how to cook all over again.

When infusing a product I look for different ways to work the oil or syrup into the recipe
In the above I would inuse the the vegan butter, assuming it has a plant oil base
Substitute your flour, substitute the xanthan for aquafaba if you have to and look to substitute for the sugar

You may get away with sugar less butterscotch chips and use the recipe from the previous post to make the butterscotch layer
7dd22e24 eee6 4753 85e7 8fa67e935b9f3f22673c3c08a7b2d9945d5b0be30cc6

I do not know what is permissible in this type of diet for sugar substituting
IMG 20210226 214320

This is infused stevia
14 grams I believe
Not much to look at but it packs a punch

Just BS off the top of my head as I think of this
I know nothing about keto diets

The problems it poses are interesting

IMG 20210226 214341
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The two carriers I use are coconut oil and simple syrup
They have different onset times and different effects

Simply infuse some oil or ghee and use a low sugar or alternative sweetener recipe of your choice
Don't know anything about keto diet

I can infuse some simple syrup and measure a dose in a quarter of a teaspoon which is a minimal amount of sugar
So there are a couple of ways to reduce sugar intake
I've been making chocolates for my wife as sleep meds but now the chocolate bothers her stomach at night. I bought some syrup for her and it works great. I make the chocolates using Coconut oil but I'd be interested in hearing how you turn cannabis oil into syrup....please post your method. I have some oil I'd like to turn to a syrup.

Murl_Rogahn

Murl_Rogahn

collagen bread

almond flour, eggs, walnuts or pecans, olive oil, baking soda
cannabutter, coconut oil, collagen drops

mash up bananas and put all ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix on a low speed hand mixer
pour mixture into pan, and bake for 60 minutes.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I was pre diabetic and overweight a few years back and went through the entire keto process. I went on to study Keto with Dr. Eric Berg and became a certified coach. I was 220 lb at the time. In 12 weeks I lost 70 lbs and weighed the same I weighed when I was in High School!!!😌

For those that don't understand the keto diet you're removing any carbohydrate sources, sugar and it's derivatives are carbs, from your diet. You would be surprised when you read labels how much sugar gets snuck into our diet. By removing carbohydrates, or at the very least limiting them to an acceptable number, from your diet your primary source of fuel is removed and your secondary source of fuel kicks in which would be the fat stores or lipids that are stored in your fat cells. The hardest part was removing the residual carbs that were still in my body. Took me a few weeks to purge my body but once that happened I was dropping a pound or two a day. Funny story I was rehabbing an apartment building while I was in keto and was dropping weight fast. I was carrying some debri to the freight elevator and I got so skinny my pants fell down to my ankles just as some of the tenants were walking out of the other elevator!!!

OP there are a myriad number of keto recipes you can choose from. Infusing any of them is the same as infusing regular food. I liked using a brand of sweetner called Lakanto. It didn't have the aftertaste that stevia and other sweetners left. Almond and coconut flour are your only real alternatives for flour. I've made keto flan, Keto cheesecake, etc. that people couldn't tell the difference from it's sugary counterpart. You can infuse coconut oil and butter and just add them to whatever recipe you find on the net.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I was pre diabetic and overweight a few years back and went through the entire keto process. I went on to study Keto with Dr. Eric Berg and became a certified coach. I was 220 lb at the time. In 12 weeks I lost 70 lbs and weighed the same I weighed when I was in High School!!!😌

For those that don't understand the keto diet you're removing any carbohydrate sources, sugar and it's derivatives are carbs, from your diet. You would be surprised when you read labels how much sugar gets snuck into our diet. By removing carbohydrates, or at the very least limiting them to an acceptable number, from your diet your primary source of fuel is removed and your secondary source of fuel kicks in which would be the fat stores or lipids that are stored in your fat cells. The hardest part was removing the residual carbs that were still in my body. Took me a few weeks to purge my body but once that happened I was dropping a pound or two a day. Funny story I was rehabbing an apartment building while I was in keto and was dropping weight fast. I was carrying some debri to the freight elevator and I got so skinny my pants fell down to my ankles just as some of the tenants were walking out of the other elevator!!!

OP there are a myriad number of keto recipes you can choose from. Infusing any of them is the same as infusing regular food. I liked using a brand of sweetner called Lakanto. It didn't have the aftertaste that stevia and other sweetners left. Almond and coconut flour are your only real alternatives for flour. I've made keto flan, Keto cheesecake, etc. that people couldn't tell the difference from it's sugary counterpart. You can infuse coconut oil and butter and just add them to whatever recipe you find on the net.
We've been watching Dr. Berg's vids lately. Good stuff.

Murl_Rogahn

Murl_Rogahn

collagen bread

almond flour, eggs, walnuts or pecans, olive oil, baking soda
cannabutter, coconut oil, collagen drops

mash up bananas and put all ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix on a low speed hand mixer
pour mixture into pan, and bake for 60 minutes.
I prefer to take biotin + collagen drops. Collagen powder can give you more collagen per serving than liquid collagen drops, but collagen drops will not make the dough very watery since they do not need to be further dissolved like a powder. The consistency of bread dough is very important!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I prefer to take biotin + collagen drops. Collagen powder can give you more collagen per serving than liquid collagen drops, but collagen drops will not make the dough very watery since they do not need to be further dissolved like a powder. The consistency of bread dough is very important!
All the keto breads I have tried all have the same problem. They taste fine but they don't 'crumble' as you chew, they bind tighter and turn into playdoh. So, I make some keto pancakes and use those for bread.

Top Bottom