Where Can I Find A Fan (100cfm-ish) For This Closet Setup?

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

I've currently set up a closet for veg, and need some direction on what type of exhaust fan I should use for cooling, and where to buy it? (see photo/drawing below). The room is 90sq/ft, so I'd like to shoot for the range of 100cfm, but it seems like most centrifugal fans are 150cfm and up (and a bit pricey). I have a 4bulb, 4ft, t5 HO lamp in there, an a couple 32w t8 bulbs up top for clones.

With no ventilation (and no plants :) ), the temp at the top of the closet currently hits 90degF after a couple hours. I want a fan that is easy to mount to the outside of the closet door, at top, to exhaust. I'll see if the gap at the bottom of the door is enough for a passive intake, and if not, I'll cut one.

Any recommendations on where I should look online, and what type of fan? I figured centrifugal, but if I could find something that easily mounts to door, that would be a lot better. Thanks!

Where can i find a fan 100cfm ish for this closet setup
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

A fan speed controller is what you want.
If you get the fan that's 150cfm, with the fan controller you can slow the speed down to make it less cfm.

Perception

Perception

I first bought an inline fan for $20 that claimed it did 115cfm, but it didn't do much to bring down the temp. Was getting up to 90deg. So I bought a 4" Hurricane centrifugal fan for $75.

I initially mounted the Hurricane to the door, but it made a lot of noise. Moved it to the floor and it's pretty quiet now. The Temps stay in the upper 70's or around 80, depending on the temp of the room outside closet. Good to go though!

The t5 puts out more heat than I thought it would.

Last edited:
Top Bottom