WHERE DO I TOP -- HELP!!

• Thread starter AliFee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AliFee

I am having trouble navigating this website .... but I took some clones from a couple of my plants--i am very new at this. Can I get some opinions on these six babies, where to top them? Could you point in the pictures EXACTLY where to do so; obviously, two are too stocky to top but I need help. I'll be transplanting these girls on the next day or two so wondering if I should transplant first or top first?

thanks so much. In
Where do i top    help
Where do i top    help 2
Where do i top    help 3
Where do i top    help 4
Where do i top    help 5
Where do i top    help

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am having trouble navigating this website .... but I took some clones from a couple of my plants--i am very new at this. Can I get some opinions on these six babies, where to top them? Could you point in the pictures EXACTLY where to do so; obviously, two are too stocky to top but I need help. I'll be transplanting these girls on the next day or two so wondering if I should transplant first or top first?

thanks so much. In
View attachment 1249923View attachment 1249924View attachment 1249925View attachment 1249926View attachment 1249927View attachment 1249923
I just pinch the tops off,
Before or after transplanting? it doesn't matter just be gentle transplanting them. If you expect transplant shock do it after they've recovered a couple of days or so but if you're gentle there's no shock if done right.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

thanks so much. In
View attachment 1249923View attachment 1249924View attachment 1249925View attachment 1249926View attachment 1249927View attachment 1249923
Suggest you count up 6 full leaf sets (1 righty 1 lefty) and using a sterilized knife or alcohol swabbed scissors cut off the 'top' and put the resulting piece in a brown paper bag. Holding the top with your fingers or a roach clip or tweezer doesn't matter because you're not using that part again. The thing about transplanting them is to make sure the medium you will put them in is similar to what they're used to -- i.e soil w/perlite or whatever. Adding PH water to your bigger pots B4 transplanting (1 day ahead) is a good way to go. So top and water your medium and then you can up pot.

A

AliFee

Suggest you count up 6 full leaf sets (1 righty 1 lefty) and using a sterilized knife or alcohol swabbed scissors cut off the 'top' and put the resulting piece in a brown paper bag. Holding the top with your fingers or a roach clip or tweezer doesn't matter because you're not using that part again. The thing about transplanting them is to make sure the medium you will put them in is similar to what they're used to -- i.e soil w/perlite or whatever. Adding PH water to your bigger pots B4 transplanting (1 day ahead) is a good way to go. So top and water your medium and then you can up pot.
I use Technaflora fertilizers. But yes, they'll be in the same medium. And thank you.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Will you start those "tops" as plants?
No, I just toss them. This the Sweet tooth I took them off, I over topped this one the bottom third was just mess that got all lobbed off anyways. My plants get pretty big, I have lots of clones if I want.

Top Bottom