Where do you throw out your garbage?

• Thread starter PureSugar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

Just a note to those burning stuff in their fireplace, that's how the cops claimed to have made the big bust is Jersey recently...

I saw that - I couldn't believe an illegal grower - especially one as ridiculously massive as that one - would dispose of trim and leaves in that manner. It blew my mind.

That grower is going to do like ten or twenty years - or more.

EDIT: Or not . . . it seems the grower ratted out his compatriots the minute he was arrested. . . .

A friend of mine told me he double bags and puts his dog crap and kitty litter between the 2 bags and that should stop most people from digging any deeper

That's my method.

In a complex adjacent to my own, there are lots of dumpsters for residents - I just dump them in the morning before the trash pickup comes in bags with nothing identifiable in it - but lots of kitty litter and dogshit.

S

slimjoint

shred it, throw it with with other compost i clean in the back yard, cant even tell whats what its mixed up with lots of oak tree leaves which i also crush up a bit.

A

adam

put all your plant material into brown paper bags with a rock/brick inside and throw it off a bridge into the river,leaves no trace and is completely bio degradable! just use some good sense when dumping as to not get seen

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I would rip up the stalks into something unidentifiable, that and whole fan leaves are the most identifiable thing in the mix so crush that stuff up. Make sure it's crushed up really good and mixed with either something nasty or something like lawn clippings. You can always compost it as well or boil it with a tomato, an onion, and some rotten meat to make it look like some weird soup you threw out. I had a restaurant at the end of my alley where I would dump my trash with nothing identifiable in it. Now I take it to a garbage transfer station myself where it gets almost instantly mixed up with other peoples trash. It really depends on where you live and what your situation is, just get creative with it. Mix it with glue and glitter and make a sculpture out of it.

Z

zagsthebutch

good post since i recently moved to a place with more neighboors and stuff i would usually burn my leaves but was still trying to figure out what to do with the rest thanks for all the ideas

D

dooobster

Yep. Chop/ shred / grind up stems & leaves and throw it all in the compost pile with the grass clippings and assorted kitchen scraps. Makes fine compost. If no compost heap is available, you can always chop stems & stuff into small pieces and stuff it down your kitchen sink garbage disposal, just make sure the pieces are small enough that they will get ground up & not clog the pipes. I've done this, trust me it works. :)
Boxes and other trash, I remove identifiable / traceable markings and take it to any recycling center, or take it to work and throw in the cardboard recycling there. It's really not that tough to get rid of your grow trash.

sedate

sedate

sputnik said:
Mix it with glue and glitter and make a sculpture out of it.

Ha. Funny guy Sputnik.

doobster said:
stuff it down your kitchen sink garbage disposal

This is another really easy method - dried up fan leaves have the consistency of lettuce - the stuff goes right down.

doobster said:
It's really not that tough to get rid of your grow trash.

Disposal fuckups have cost lotsa folks thier freedom. I dunno why people get this so wrong all the time.

sky high

sky high

I drive mine directly to the local landfill with a bit of other trash....

costs $6....but the knowledge of knowing that it wasn't fucked with is priceless.

be safe, all.

s h

B

BlueWater

Indoor trash I generally take to the dump. Years ago I used apartment dumpsters, but that was in HS/College. I'm fking almost 40 now not running around like that lol. Stems get broken down and sealed in boxes, don't want them poking thru bags!! Soil gets put in bags and I try to flatten them out/crush them a bit so they don't look so obvious in the bags. Try to do soil only in separate trips that way at least if there's a nosy worker or whatever you have some wiggle room. Everything else gets put aside for regular dump runs and mixed in w/ house type trash. Even with employees I still like to do that type of crap myself. Old habits. I used to do the cat litter thing too just don't have any now.

Outdoor refuse, stems etc. gets burned on my property or taken to the dump.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I drive mine directly to the local landfill with a bit of other trash....

costs $6....but the knowledge of knowing that it wasn't fucked with is priceless.

be safe, all.

s h

that's the zen of growing S H.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Trash sucks getting rid of, someday someone will invent the elite trash service for us. Till then burn it.

O

oldtimer60

dirt in a federal swamp, All other trash goes in someone elses trash

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
This how i got RAIDED by the cops. NEVER THROW ANYTHING IN THE GARBAGE. Take your incriminating garbage miles away from your house. TRUST ME. I threw one male away and ended up getting raided and put in jail.

A

aphid

In the winter it goes in my woodstove. In the summer I have a 50 gallon burning barrel in the back yard.

420haze

I agree with the farmers apt complexes,or public dumpsters during off peak hours, concealed w/ nothing to link it to you. If u do it on a biweekly or monthly basis it will be minimal and lower maintenance. That's how I go about it, just find some accessible places and make it part of your routine.

C

Chalwa

I feed all my plant matter to my chickens. They make really good poop with it and double yoke eggs. Had to clean out the chicken coop when the landlord came by for an inspection this week. Fan leaves were everywhere.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I just leave the bags of trash on your lawn

Top Bottom