where is everyone getting Seeds!!!

• Thread starter Tomkins2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

I'm not sure that THIS is the same as this one though:

Web addresses are different. Area code for the seeds is 760. Area code for the dispensary is 517. My guess is the 2 companies are not related at all.
Yeah, definitely different, sloppy Googling on my behalf I guess, so far the deal worked out well, easy payment & fast shipping, time will tell if the seeds work out.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah, definitely different, sloppy Googling on my behalf I guess, so far the deal worked out well, easy payment & fast shipping, time will tell if the seeds work out.
Keep us posted. It sounds like this Cali company was able to deliver the goods then. But you're still waiting on your quality check lol.

misterbee

misterbee

I asked them some questions & got no reply, it didn't leave me with a good impression.
It's a small operation and, with the BOGO Sales and, upcoming 420 activity, they advise a lag time in responding to emails. If you're into Bodhi gear, $60 a pop + a free pack can't be beat. I spent $300 and will get twice that!!!! For that, I can put up with a few delays, but I'm a pretty patient fella. Good Luck and, do stay safe everyone.

Glassdub

Glassdub

It's a small operation and, with the BOGO Sales and, upcoming 420 activity, they advise a lag time in responding to emails. If you're into Bodhi gear, $60 a pop + a free pack can't be beat. I spent $300 and will get twice that!!!! For that, I can put up with a few delays, but I'm a pretty patient fella. Good Luck and, do stay safe everyone.
This was probably 4 months ago, I don't expect a response.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Keep us posted. It sounds like this Cali company was able to deliver the goods then. But you're still waiting on your quality check lol.
The only kinda suck thing with them is that normally you have to buy at least a dozen seeds to get a good price, which is a lot for me but right now with the two for one sale you can get around that.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I ordered from qcs (Quebec cannibus seed company) outta Quebec. Delivered in 7 days. Payment thru credit card and descrete packaging.

I'm in Ontario tho they advertise shipping worldwide. Very limited in selection tho.

Personally I got og Kush, skunk1 freebies and zkittles seed us a couple freebies of og also. 14 seeds altogether including freebies for less than 100$

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

I, too, have ordered extensively from Mark/Strainly. The beauty is......he sends you the seeds BEFORE you send the money!!!! At $1.00 PER seed, you can't go wrong....in my personal opinion.
I forgot about that... yes, very easy to be a first-time buyer with those terms. Good to here someone else knows him... it's good to keep guys like him in business.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I forgot about that... yes, very easy to be a first-time buyer with those terms. Good to here someone else knows him... it's good to keep guys like him in business.
I guess you can gamble regs at that price.
Never heard of Strainly its pretty neat.

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

I guess you can gamble regs at that price.
Never heard of Strainly its pretty neat.
I have only heard of some problems I've never experienced any there. They clean things up in fact most of the problems I heard about we're after the vendor or member was excluded. They also have very clear terms so it's a nice spot.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The only kinda suck thing with them is that normally you have to buy at least a dozen seeds to get a good price, which is a lot for me but right now with the two for one sale you can get around that.
This and the fact that they are rip-off artists at best. They are not breeders, in fact they are taking the hard work real breeders have done and making F2 seeds (maybe, who knows what generation they are actually working with) that may or may not actually give you the plants you are looking for. These are exactly the type of people we do not need in this game. I am going to continue to buy from seed banks that sell direct for the breeders and we get the seeds in the breeders packs.

For example if I want Do-Si-Dos I will spend the extra money and purchase from Archive, you know the guys who actually put in the work to breed the variety, or one of their approved vendors. Why purchase from some random company who claims you are buying Do-Si-Dos seeds, but who the hell knows what you are really getting? People like this have given some fantastic varieties very bad names over the years mostly due to shady practices.

I have a feeling a lot of people on the Farm now do not remember the days when there weren't hundreds of seed banks selling every variety under the sun. In those times a lot of people tried to take advantage of the latest craze and produced knock-off seeds, crappy F2 or worse F3 seeds or just straight up sold seeds labeled one thing that were clearly something else. Blueberry is a perfect example of this; DJ Short put out the original Blueberry plant and people went nuts for it. Shortly after its popularity skyrocketed every seed seller had blueberry in their catalogue, but DJ Short only sold his seeds to a select set of breeders and sellers. Once people started to grow out all these Blueberry seeds bad reviews of the variety began to pop up all over the place. This was not because DJ produced crappy seeds, it was because most people weren't getting Blueberry from DJ, though that is what they paid for. This gave Blueberry a bad name for a while and a lot of good growers refused to purchase seeds or even work with cuts. It took a few great growers working with Blueberry and DJ Short coming back into the spotlight for the variety to regain its popularity and good name it deserved. This is why seed sellers like Homegrown Cannabis Co. are bad for the home grower and industry in general.

I ask that people not support places like Homegrown Cannabis Co. Support real breeders and good quality seed banks. By giving our dollars and support to the right people we will get the best possible genetics in our gardens and keep the folks doing the hard work in business. This is the route I take and I would implore all other growers to do the same.

misterbee

misterbee

This and the fact that they are rip-off artists at best. They are not breeders, in fact they are taking the hard work real breeders have done and making F2 seeds (maybe, who knows what generation they are actually working with) that may or may not actually give you the plants you are looking for. These are exactly the type of people we do not need in this game. I am going to continue to buy from seed banks that sell direct for the breeders and we get the seeds in the breeders packs.

For example if I want Do-Si-Dos I will spend the extra money and purchase from Archive, you know the guys who actually put in the work to breed the variety, or one of their approved vendors. Why purchase from some random company who claims you are buying Do-Si-Dos seeds, but who the hell knows what you are really getting? People like this have given some fantastic varieties very bad names over the years mostly due to shady practices.

I have a feeling a lot of people on the Farm now do not remember the days when there weren't hundreds of seed banks selling every variety under the sun. In those times a lot of people tried to take advantage of the latest craze andclaim they're the "inventor" of the strain, Blueberry. Most of all the BIG SAeedknock-off seeds, crappy F2 or worse F3 seeds or just straight up sold seeds labeled one thing that were clearly something else. Blueberry is a perfect example of this; DJ Short put out the original Blueberry plant and people went nuts for it. Shortly after its popularity skyrocketed every seed seller had blueberry in their catalogue, but DJ Short only sold his seeds to a select set of breeders and sellers. Once people started to grow out all these Blueberry seeds bad reviews of the variety began to pop up all over the place. This was not because DJ produced crappy seeds, it was because most people weren't getting Blueberry from DJ, though that is what they paid for. This gave Blueberry a bad name for a while and a lot of good growers refused to purchase seeds or even work with cuts. It took a few great growers working with Blueberry and DJ Short coming back into the spotlight for the variety to regain its popularity and good name it deserved. This is why seed sellers like Homegrown Cannabis Co. are bad for the home grower and industry in general.

I ask that people not support places like Homegrown Cannabis Co. Support real breeders and good quality seed banks. By giving our dollars and support to the right people we will get the best possible genetics in our gardens and keep the folks doing the hard work in business. This is the route I take and I would implore all other growers to do the same.
There's a Blueberry unique to the State of Maine (where I reside)….MOB, Maine's Own Blueberry or Maine Original Blueberry. Nobody, and I do mean, NOBODY has the right to claim to be the "inventor" of the strain Blueberry. MOST of the B-I-G Seed Banks in Europe have large seed operations in Spain, churning out millions of seeds annually. Manipulating the time in order to produce seeds can ALSO contribute to the weakening of strains. Additionally, Do si Dos was a breeding of TWO SEPARATE Strains, right? What if I took the SAME two parent strains, combined them to produce seeds, wouldn't the resulting seeds be Do si Dos? If I then called them Do see Dos, am I wrong? If you don't know the innerworkings of a Seed Bank(s), I wouldn't generalize. Unless seeds are carried out to f7 or f8, certain traits can't be guaranteed. My humble observations in this regard. Enjoy a Happy Easter and above all, be safe.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Point me in the direction of a vendor state side that takes something other than cash or some vague crypto currency & that responds to questions & I gladly will.
I looked around for a while & was even ready to purchase here but the difficulty of making it happen sent me elsewhere.
I honestly had question about the sources on these seeds but everything is a risk I guess, fancy packaging isn't a requirement & is not the hot for the environment.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Point me in the direction of a vendor state side that takes something other than cash or some vague crypto currency & that responds to questions & I gladly will.
I looked around for a while & was even ready to purchase here but the difficulty of making it happen sent me elsewhere.
I honestly had question about the sources on these seeds but everything is a risk I guess, fancy packaging isn't a requirement & is not the hot for the environment.
That's is exactly why I made this post. I'm checking out seed cellar here in Michigan. I wanted my business local.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

There's a Blueberry unique to the State of Maine (where I reside)….MOB, Maine's Own Blueberry or Maine Original Blueberry. Nobody, and I do mean, NOBODY has the right to claim to be the "inventor" of the strain Blueberry. MOST of the B-I-G Seed Banks in Europe have large seed operations in Spain, churning out millions of seeds annually. Manipulating the time in order to produce seeds can ALSO contribute to the weakening of strains. Additionally, Do si Dos was a breeding of TWO SEPARATE Strains, right? What if I took the SAME two parent strains, combined them to produce seeds, wouldn't the resulting seeds be Do si Dos? If I then called them Do see Dos, am I wrong? If you don't know the innerworkings of a Seed Bank(s), I wouldn't generalize. Unless seeds are carried out to f7 or f8, certain traits can't be guaranteed. My humble observations in this regard. Enjoy a Happy Easter and above all, be safe.
You are 100% correct, there are lots of Blueberry varieties out there, and no not all are rip-offs of DJ Shorts work. My point was that most of the blueberry seeds that were sold out of Amsterdam were rip-offs of DJ's work. However DJ Short did a proper breeding project to create his Blueberry variety and he does have the right to claim that. When people make unauthorized seeds because they found a male and a female in a pack and sell it is Blueberry, that is straight up ripping someone off. This is true for any other current breeder and their work as well.

And no, taking the same two strains as someone else and putting them together does not yield the same strain as the original breeder. If you took OGKB and Face-Off OG BX you will not end up with Do Si Dos. There are in fact lots of crosses out there using the same parental genetics that the breeders desired different things from and are thus called different names. I agree not all of the seed companies out there work their varieties out to multiple filial generations and do release F1 and F2 stock, but even at an F2 generation there was some direction in breeding that was meant to achieve certain desired traits from the plants. Recently more of the breeders have been transparent about what filial generation their seeds are at, and I think that is important.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

I appreciate everyone's input. I suppose I was a lil ignorant to the fact that this site itself has seeds. I've really only ever been here for the forum. I just wanted to be able to use my card and order legitimate quality seeds and get them before I forgot I ordered them.

Top Bottom