Where is that pine come Xmas tree strain @ ?

• Thread starter Puffntuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We had alot of it in cali in the mid to late 70's,we called it christmas tree ses in orange county back then.Oz's were huge because it was light but it was super sticky and stony and left a tingle in your mouth after you smoked it,almost chemically.It was also the first bud i ever had that had that permeating smell that was hard to hide no matter what you did and the first really expensive weed too(35-50 1/4z back then)which was alot considering oz's of commercial were 10 bucks at that time.
It was also the first weed i ever got arrested for,had a marlboro pack with 10 joints rolled up in my sock and the cops tryed to say it was angel dust because of the smell,Fuck you LaPalma PD,lol.

Last edited:
Motarebel

Motarebel

I've been searching for the elusive pine for years, what's pine to one person is mint to another so this makes it tough. Here's some info i just got -"Cedar Tops = {(Maui Waui x Afghan) x Skunk Weed}. Cedar Tops was born and bred in South Carolina back in the 70’s, and was a real popular mostly sativa sensimilla in our area. It’s not around down there anymore. " That sounds like what i'm chasing and hopefully i can get the "Old Toby" strain that's Triangle x Cedar Tops,the guy is pulling strings now.

S

ssteely71

Christmas tree bud was around in the cooler months back in 90's then disappeared and I live in the deep south. I hope someone like mota finds and brings it back smells like a Christmas tree. Pine sap.
Respect
I had it in 2007 in Tampa FL area. It was that fluffy limegreen piney Xmas tree bud I hadn't seen it like ten years , but it's still out there Somewhere.

Ps rolled a normal size doob of it and it almost knocked me out. Had to go lay down till my head stopped spinning.
Lol

Peace

north knect

north knect

Christmas tree bud was around in the cooler months back in 90's then disappeared and I live in the deep south. I hope someone like mota finds and brings it back smells like a Christmas tree. Pine sap.
Respect
we still have it up here northern canada every outdoor harvest..i havent seen as much as the years go on due to the popular fruity and kushs strains takin over..but im sure any older willie nelson lookin guy knows where to get it lol..all the old hippy dudes around here smoke it religiosly lol

J

juggo

It used to be all over tx. in 80s-90s,always around xmas,that was some high quality swag.I went thru a lot of seeds trying to find it
i found a real nice piney one yrs ago but the buzz didnt cut it.Would be great to taste that again like the rks.This was one piney bitch but blah high.
20243DSC01546.JPG

peace,
juggo

Calixylon

Calixylon

Dude the elusive pine is my number one, obviously the potency is nice, but if i could find a killer strain with even low potency id grow the shit out of it, strictly to smoke for said flavor. This shit used to be all over, im in the north east and we regulurly got it especially come november december at the end of outdoor season.

I know that terpene profiling and testing of cannabanoids is just being done more nowadays since theres states going legal. Has the piney terp been located, or is it a combination of terpenes that produce the pine? I know that limeoene is the terpene that is mostly responible for the citrusy orange smelling and tasting phenos. Limeonene is found in oranges and all citrus fruits, its also stocked with antioxidants and used as a cleaning product, and a more friendly solvent. But anyone whos familiar with terpene testing have an idea of what causes the pine? I know that limonene is found in most cannnabis variates, also pinene which i assume is mostly responisble for the pine scent is also found in many cannabis plants. But, the pine buds i used to get had virtually no lemony scent, it really only consisted of a sweet pine, so i assume pinene which is found as a-pinene and b-pinene was off the charts.

It seems nowadays people have strains that exhibit piney tendencies, but the bud that so many of us rememeber so fondly was not slightly piney. This shit was full on sweet pinesol funk, that was abundantly sticky, to the point that you could let it sit out and still have it be tought to break up. I remeber buying ounces of it and really never finidng seeds, even when we knew it was outdoor. I didnt know what clone only was back then but now i believe this stuff was probably that. I wish someone on here had some info as to the backround genes or how to find

Sorry this has been my Great White Buffalo since it dissapered, back in the day it was just that sticky pine sap deliciosness that i thought would alwasy be a staple, unfortuantly not anymore:confused:

zeke

zeke

Im pretty sure that that pine smelling christmas bud was from south of the border. Used to see it in iowa around christmas. when i lived in AZ it was everywhere around the holidays. The locals said it was unpressed mexican sensemilla that was fresh and brought across the border when shit is busy with holiday traffic. After 911 security is a lot tighter and unpressed is rare as hens teeth....

dilligaf

dilligaf

living in the deep south also I remember a Christmas tree bud late eighties early nineties...i am about to germinate romulan and am told it has strong pine scent...will know by early spring

D

highdef

highdef

I remember this stuff too circa 2003-2004 in the southern us. 65$ a zip with barely any seeds, but i know i have some stashed away, not sure how many though lol. Maybe one day i can go hunting.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Intereseting to hear all the different theories,I was always told it was a british columbia import,they used to do helicopter drops across the border back then.Since it always tended to appear around the end of the year that kind of indicates outdoor and the stuff i remember was very light,an oz took up 1/4 of a gallon bag.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Bobericc i havent seen any piney outdoor since around 06' if your still getting it, you have no idea how many folks are looking for seeds, find it tough to believe, but ive heard of a legit RKS resurfacing in michigan so who knows

Top Bottom