Where musically inclined farmers???

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
winta

winta

Where are the musically inclined farmers???

Growin is one of my loves and passions but its equal & sometimes superior is music for me :) ive been doin music for 12 years! i started lookin over shoulders in the studio learnin things here and there then i made my first beat on an mpc 3000 and a roland 1080 recordin in cubase.being blessed i got to work with a few people that knew their stuff and caught on quick and learn digital performer,pro tools,etc. when i lost my equipment (long story :() my cousin taught me flstudio and reason which i was against at the time but had the itch to create so i learned....and fell in love LMAO then in 04' i went to the institute of audio research in manhattan and got a associates degree in audio engineering and post production to step my game up lol i have a pre-production studio in my home (i engineer for a living) so if im not with my wife and son or in the growroom im making music!! i cant play any instruments (yet lol) i just kno what i want to hear for original beats and have a good ear for finding and choppin samples :) to some farmers your like "huh?u went where? a mp what?" lol but if u love and do music like me youll understand what im talkin about :D so are there any musically inclined farmers out there or people who just do/play/sing music for the love?

lets band together :friday: lol

L

LEBDOG

Growin is one of my loves and passions but its equal & sometimes superior is music for me :) are there any musically inclined farmers out there or people who just do/play/sing music for the love?

I have played bass for (I can't believe it) 20+ years now. My uncle got me my first P-Bass as a high school graduation present:')

Here's my current rig (attached). I dreamed about this rig and listen to just about everything as I put this together. To be honest, I owe a lot of patience through the rudiments of music to weed when I was younger. I am fairly impatient and without weed, it was and is so much more difficult for me to stick out the technique and rudimentary focus.

I don't think I play much different live stoned, but I prefer to at least start relatively sober and drink a few beers on stage...

I play in a Metal Band right now (we all wear sicko costumes). I also have played in a few Pop, Rock and R&B bands. My setup is quite versatile...

I actually played my last show in a Top Secret project tribute/musical for a recently deceased Pop King. That was the most challenging show I have ever played. I missed several nights of sleep in a make it or break it opportunity rehearsing (assisted by Cali Connection Gear:') I promise you I was lucid for the audition and pilot shows (until the shows started, then Sam Adams is my best friend)...

Welcome to THCFarmer fellow lover of music/music making!

BassRig 1
P

Pot Boy

Sweet looking rig lebdog. I play guitar have for over thirty years been doing the studio thing that last couple of years hope to get a hit sometime soon I do get some good reviews from peep's who have heard my music. Keep on rocking!

winta

winta

hell yea leb thanx what im talkin about right! i love people who can play yall got such a gift! i like to get a shot, a red stripe and 7 pulls of a bomb ass sativa before i hit the stage (indica i would be sleep or frozen lol):icon_spin:

I have played bass for (I can't believe it) 20+ years now. My uncle got me my first P-Bass as a high school graduation present:')

Here's my current rig (attached). I dreamed about this rig and listen to just about everything as I put this together. To be honest, I owe a lot of patience through the rudiments of music to weed when I was younger. I am fairly impatient and without weed, it was and is so much more difficult for me to stick out the technique and rudimentary focus.

I don't think I play much different live stoned, but I prefer to at least start relatively sober and drink a few beers on stage...

I play in a Metal Band right now (we all wear sicko costumes). I also have played in a few Pop, Rock and R&B bands. My setup is quite versatile...

I actually played my last show in a Top Secret project tribute/musical for a recently deceased Pop King. That was the most challenging show I have ever played. I missed several nights of sleep in a make it or break it opportunity rehearsing (assisted by Cali Connection Gear:') I promise you I was lucid for the audition and pilot shows (until the shows started, then Sam Adams is my best friend)...

Welcome to THCFarmer fellow lover of music/music making!

thanx whats up potboy rock on my dude:character0111:! thanx for sharing!

Sweet looking rig lebdog. I play guitar have for over thirty years been doing the studio thing that last couple of years hope to get a hit sometime soon I do get some good reviews from peep's who have heard my music. Keep on rocking!

D

Dulce

Cool thread!!
I have been a drummer for 26 years (since I was 6). I have had the good fortune to have met a lot of the right people at the right time and thru this good fortune have had MANY amazing musical experiences. I have recorded albums with great bands, toured all over the world, played festivals to 70,000+ people, been on Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel and tons of other tv shows. These are highlights, but it's not the way it always is. As an "independent contractor", most nights I'm lugging my own equipment up and down stairs, setting up in small clubs, playing in front of unappreciative audiences that range from 300 people down to 3 people :) But ya take the good with the bad.
Although being a musician means that more often than not my wallet is empty, music and the herb that Mother Earth gives us keeps a smile on my face and my soul well fed.

BTW- KILLER GEAR LEBDOG :)

winta

winta

thats great bro! i always wanted to play the drums but i have no coordination like that lol thanx for tellin us about your love :)

Cool thread!!
I have been a drummer for 26 years (since I was 6). I have had the good fortune to have met a lot of the right people at the right time and thru this good fortune have had MANY amazing musical experiences. I have recorded albums with great bands, toured all over the world, played festivals to 70,000+ people, been on Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel and tons of other tv shows. These are highlights, but it's not the way it always is. As an "independent contractor", most nights I'm lugging my own equipment up and down stairs, setting up in small clubs, playing in front of unappreciative audiences that range from 300 people down to 3 people :) But ya take the good with the bad.
Although being a musician means that more often than not my wallet is empty, music and the herb that Mother Earth gives us keeps a smile on my face and my soul well fed.

BTW- KILLER GEAR LEBDOG :)

L

LEBDOG

Anyone need a killer metal cover band in LA County, PM me up!
(Judas, AC/DC, Crue, G&R, Def Leppard, Zeppelin, Motorhead & more).

I have a killer 3 piece band with a great female singer.

Have a special tune, we will learn it up (for a small fee)!

D

Dulce

Hey let's make a THCFarmer theme song!! Winta- you can sketch out a song with some programmed beats, Then email it to me and I'll put some live drums over it that you can remix and cut & paste, then send it to Lebdog for some HEAVY basslines, over to Pot Boy for some guitars, then back to you for the final remix and mix.

Whadda you say??

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Great thread man..!

I started out early playing my mom's small piano then went to playing the trumpet, then eventually the trombone, french horn, and baritone for brass.. I can play clarinet, tenor & alto sax, and flute.. I know I know.. My sisters played clarinet, flute & french horn while my bros played saxes & trombone in the school band.

I personally started out with a silver Bach trumpet and it grow from there..Before long my sisters and bros were teaching their scales & music, and I could pick up and play all their instruments in a few months.. However, I mastered the trumpet and that is my weapon of choice. lol..!!

I also DJ and started here recently playing with doing some small scale remixing/producing of electronic & some hip hop music. I mostly spin prog. house, tribal house, ambient, and mid-tempo. Here's a quick shot of my tables and records setup, yup I still rock the vinyl. I can scratch, chop & screw it up with the best of them.... :D

DSC03607
DSC03608
DSC03609
DSC03611
DSC03612
DSC03605
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Wicked thread!! I use to me a MC on drum and bass, hip hop and dancehall reggae. I played with sound sytems across europe...Now im managing and not behind the mic anymore...Was lot of fun and well still beef it up for fun some time in my friend home studio!

I cant wait to hear that farm tune!! hehe

winta

winta

thats what it is coolest! the farm song gonna be tuff! ;)

Wicked thread!! I use to me a MC on drum and bass, hip hop and dancehall reggae. I played with sound sytems across europe...Now im managing and not behind the mic anymore...Was lot of fun and well still beef it up for fun some time in my friend home studio!

I cant wait to hear that farm tune!! hehe

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I have the same line up Tex CDJ 800 and Techniques mk2! This is the perfect setup for a dj...my table is a vestax pro.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Great thread man..!

I started out early playing my mom's small piano then went to playing the trumpet, then eventually the trombone, french horn, and baritone for brass.. I can play clarinet, tenor & alto sax, and flute.. I know I know.. My sisters played clarinet, flute & french horn while my bros played saxes & trombone in the school band.

I personally started out with a silver Bach trumpet and it grow from there..Before long my sisters and bros were teaching their scales & music, and I could pick up and play all their instruments in a few months.. However, I mastered the trumpet and that is my weapon of choice. lol..!!

I also DJ and started here recently playing with doing some small scale remixing/producing of electronic & some hip hop music. I mostly spin prog. house, tribal house, ambient, and mid-tempo. Here's a quick shot of my tables and records setup, yup I still rock the vinyl. I can scratch, chop & screw it up with the best of them.... :D

Holy fuk'n shit!!! I didn't think anyone else knew who rectangle was. I havn't heard it in a while. I used to throw after parties in DC and B-more. Rave parties like Rise And Fever. I would hire the dj's and rent the place and throw down from 3am to 10am. Dj's like on e and dimitry. I had Dj Techniques and Feelgood spinnin some. Techniques lost to Rectangle in a battle competition. Took second though. Rectangle did some sick ass scratchin behind the back moves and even jumped up and used his crotch to hit the fader and never missed a beat.

After the after party I would go and listen to the newest records available and get something new for the next weeks party. B-more would be jumpin off at 10amish on saturdays for a couple hours bad ass dj's like tech would open the new goods and spin them until someone bought it. Sometimes it would be seconds. It reminds me of a drop here at the farm. Everyone trying to get in the crowd to score the next bad ass break beat. Man I could go on for hours about mix music amounst other things I did in DC and B-more. Craziest shit I'll ever do period!

winta

winta

dam that sucks! it will be ok bro youll type it again one day :)

Just st here for thirty minutes typing a book about my dj rectangle experience and erased it by mistake. After i calm down i will try and retype it. I hate that. Dammit I am so hyped about seeing that rectangle rercord I got going to fast

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I re-typed it.

I do wish I could play the piano. I'm not musically talented as far as I know. Just got love for it.

H

haze89

Thats my old band. I quit about 10 months ago, closely followed by another member, but they are still going. I am on all the tracks on the player still. I played bass in the band, although I just picked up bass for this band as a favor to the singer. I am actually a guitarist and haven't touched a bass since I quit that band lol. I gotta get a nice p-bass though, I just can't stop spending money on my guitar rig lol. I have been playin guitar and piano for roughly 14-15 years. I started when I was 5-6 and I am 3 months shy of 21 right now.

I play:
Fender American Telecaster w/ Joe Barden pickups
Orange Rocker 30 w/ an Orange 2x12
Vox Ac30cc

and I'm lookin' at some Dr.Z amps right now. If there is one thing I like as much as new beans its new amps!

winta

winta

hell yea haze! thanx for sharing bro! :)

Thats my old band. I quit about 10 months ago, closely followed by another member, but they are still going. I am on all the tracks on the player still. I played bass in the band, although I just picked up bass for this band as a favor to the singer. I am actually a guitarist and haven't touched a bass since I quit that band lol. I gotta get a nice p-bass though, I just can't stop spending money on my guitar rig lol. I have been playin guitar and piano for roughly 14-15 years. I started when I was 5-6 and I am 3 months shy of 21 right now.

I play:
Fender American Telecaster w/ Joe Barden pickups
Orange Rocker 30 w/ an Orange 2x12
Vox Ac30cc

and I'm lookin' at some Dr.Z amps right now. If there is one thing I like as much as new beans its new amps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom