Where To Get Good Deals On Equipment?

• Thread starter Trucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trucker

Trucker

Just dropped some seeds in the dirt. 2 Strawberry Cough, 2 Sour Diesel, 2 OG Kush, 2 NL5 Haze Mist and 2 Pakistan Valley. Just planted them like I have my vegies in the past and see what pops.
20160526 150708

My tent just arrived today so will be assembling it tomorrow and start getting everything setup.

Trucker

Trucker

awesome thread can i ask how much you already spent ??? When i started years ago all i did was buy one light exhaust fan some dryer venting and thermostatic controller for exhaust fan already had normal fans and mylar for walls and let it buck :) taking profits every grow and adding more gear T5's cloning material more lights :) enviroment controllers to really dial it in
Subbed will be watching your progress
Are you totally new to growing >???? or have some EXP ?? reason i say this is its good practice to grow out one strain to get the feel when a new grower gets into multiple strains and YES
Even Experience growers will run into issues as some plants are heavier feeders then other plants, Causing new growers and old to find them selfs in a bind chasing plants and nutrient issues
Anyways Carry on And chive on

I see you forgot some important things Fire extinguisher, Surge protectors surge protectors are a must
and trust me melted enough timers to prove it
Total invested so far is just over $2000.00 and yes I am completely new to growing this. I have done veggies in gardens my whole life so spinning off of that and all the information I am learning here. I already have 4 fire extinguishers in the house and just purchased some surge protectors and a couple fans today. I don't think I will ever have everything I need lol. But I plan on adding thongs as I go for different stages as they come along.

Trucker

Trucker

Damn stop spending money woah lol this hobby can be addicting you have to fight the urge of compel buying really you do lol
It cost me a marriage lol spending money in this hobby and the sad truth most of ends up in the shed with in a year
I gave myself a budget of $2500.00 to get things started. For the most part I think I made pretty good decisions on products that will last me a good bit but we will see lol. Thus first run is just that and a complete learning curve for me to see what these different strains do in my enviroment. I will be extremely happy if they all make it and produce decently but I am also prepared for failure so I can learn from that and move on to improve myself. I am a very hands on type person and even though I read non stop to try and learn as much as possible only so much actually sinks in. So doing it this way is just a way for me to learn more with actual hands on. I tend to go for broke and sometimes that bits me in the ass but it's the bet way for me to learn personally. We shall see how this turns out for me lol.

Trucker

Trucker

Almost done setting the tent up. Just have a few more things to connect and it will be ready.
20160529 162947

And wont be a moment too soon 7 of the 10 seeds have popped already so almost time to throw them in there :)

ken dog

ken dog

I would suggest that if you can, get your fan out of the tent and suck the air out rather than blow the air out of your tent.

I would, if possible, connect a vent hose to your filter, then connect it to the intake of your fan, and then let it blow out of the fan unrestricted.

Trucker

Trucker

I would suggest that if you can, get your fan out of the tent and suck the air out rather than blow the air out of your tent.

I would, if possible, connect a vent hose to your filter, then connect it to the intake of your fan, and then let it blow out of the fan unrestricted.
Yeah unfortunately due to the location in my basement I had to set the tent up in the fan will have to stay in the tent. I just don't have the room anywhere around the tent except for directly in front of it. Less than 1 inch on top 3 inches behind and on the sides. So I was planning on setting it up this way and have the exhaust go out the port on the top which is lined up between floor joists. But the fan is too large to fit in between the floor joists. We will see how it goes.

ken dog

ken dog

Understood, and I'm sure you will keep the length of the venting as short as possible...Just thought I'd chime in. :)

Trucker

Trucker

Understood, and I'm sure you will keep the length of the venting as short as possible...Just thought I'd chime in. :)
Yeah I was just trying to decide if I should just attach the fan to the top of the filter then run the 3 foot ducting to the top of the tent or try to hang the fan at the top and run the 3 foot of ducting between the filter and fan. Not sure if it would really make that much of a difference on such a short run.

ken dog

ken dog

Concur. .. safer that way as well, regarding things falling.

Trucker

Trucker

Got to love when a good plan goes bad smh. Ran my 10 hour break in on my light no problem. Went to put in the 4200k and it's a bad bulb so that's headed back for a replacement. So I figure I will just run with the 3100k for a couple weeks until the other bulb comes in and low and behold the new lec 315 decides it doesn't want to work now. So packed it back up and sending it back for a replacement.
Now of course I have 8 sprouts right now and 2 that still haven't poked their heads above ground. The 8 are already almost 3 inch shoots so I run myself to Walmart and grab 2 single t5 lights and hope they will hold everything over until the replacements get in which is about 2 weeks. I guess whenever things can go wrong it all goes wrong lol.

xavier7995

xavier7995

It sure does, the t5's should be fine. One thing I am not sure I saw mentioned, with your tiny seedling plants, you need to acclimate them to the crazy high light levels, if you just stick them in there and let it rip some may die off. Couple of hours under a big light, then back to t5's for a bit, then back. Just expand how long they stay under the big ones each day (2 days or so overall). Waking up to a bunch of tiny withered dead plants is terrible.

I am very guilty of just sticking them under there and then taking the mindset that the ones that died off were weak....and gardening has no place for weakness!!!!:p

also, put your t5's pretty close to the plants, not touching but within a few inches, will help cut down on how much the seedlings stretch and help get the most out of the bulbs.

Growboy

Growboy

For LEDs I stumbled across the company called Kush Innovations the website's Kigrow.com. awesome product and a great company to deal with give them a call and they'll answer any questions you have. Place an order on Friday and the units were here Monday that's Michigan at least. I've only had to replace one module out of 24 units in two years of use.

T

TommyPickles

I have been searching all over and when I think I find good prices the shipping is outrageous.
What are some good reliable sites for ordering equipment?
I am about to start ordering all my equipment for my first grow ever and just having a hard time with it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Trucker

Trucker

Already have a replacement light on the way. Hoping there are no issues with this one. I'm pretty sure it was damaged by the delivery company smacking it around and dislodging the ballast on the first light but we shall see.

Top Bottom