Where to get the BEST clones in SD (or close)

• Thread starter Sencinitas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sencinitas

Hi. I'm a med. mary patient in SD. I'm looking to set up a grow. I want to get some clones and I was hoping somebody here could point me in the right direction. I'm gonna need 32-40. I'm looking for high yielding Elite genetics.

So my question is... Where should I get them? Any1 have a good experience buying clones at a particular collective? Bad experience?

Or it would be even better if you or somebody you know are in my area could hook me up.

Thanks beforehand

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My best advise is to obtain good seed and chose your own pheno types to clone. Keeping clones of a good pheno type can be hard over a long time and many times they are lost.Best to make seeds for storage once you get that just right clone! Seeds can be kept safely for a long time and if you remake them every once in a while maybe forever! At any rate it takes more work than using clones but it`s interesting work and insures a better chance for sucsess. When you bring home a clone you also bring home it`s history,including the enviroment it was grown in,bugs,mold viruses,as well as genetics,and alot of false genetics out there in the clone world. If you obtain seed from a reputable person you can almost count on getting what you pay for,exception would be human error.It happends ,but not that often with good breeders.I`d say the Farm is one good sorse for seed as it has a bunch of good breeders here. You can also ask friends for advise on where they got seed from in the past and maybe they would share with you.At any rate good luck!

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Are you a first time grower?

I go through san diego clone conservatory. They deliver only. some people are sketch about that. Never asked them to give me advice on how to grow but I'm sure you can ask. Put them in a google search and check them out.

S

Sencinitas

My best advise is to obtain good seed and chose your own pheno types to clone. Keeping clones of a good pheno type can be hard over a long time and many times they are lost.Best to make seeds for storage once you get that just right clone! Seeds can be kept safely for a long time and if you remake them every once in a while maybe forever! At any rate it takes more work than using clones but it`s interesting work and insures a better chance for sucsess. When you bring home a clone you also bring home it`s history,including the enviroment it was grown in,bugs,mold viruses,as well as genetics,and alot of false genetics out there in the clone world. If you obtain seed from a reputable person you can almost count on getting what you pay for,exception would be human error.It happends ,but not that often with good breeders.I`d say the Farm is one good sorse for seed as it has a bunch of good breeders here. You can also ask friends for advise on where they got seed from in the past and maybe they would share with you.At any rate good luck!

Thanks for your input and advice. I'm aware that my best option is to grow out my own mothers to select clones from, and i actually plan to do just that. However I'm looking to squeeze out a quick one in my tent while I build myself a proper room.

I plan to do a S.O.G. in my 5x10 tent. (2)4x4 (so a 4x8) tables flood n drain tables with either 1 or 2 50 gal. res depending on whether or not I run 1 or 2 dif strains. (2) 1000 W. HPS. One Next Gen. Ballast, and one Lumatek. 2 8" Aircooled BlockBuster Reflectors being cooled by an 8" Vortex fan. 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner. Sealed room, supplemented Co2. I'm gonna run 74ish plants, 32ish(my drain might knock me down a plant or two) in each 4x4 tray.

Once I've got this going. I'll start building my self a proper room. 2 rooms actually, it'll be 2000 W in each room on a flip switch. Then I'll use my tent for moms, clones, and veg. I'll get some pics up once I get it all set up.

S

Sencinitas

Are you a first time grower?

I go through san diego clone conservatory. They deliver only. some people are sketch about that. Never asked them to give me advice on how to grow but I'm sure you can ask. Put them in a google search and check them out.

Wasup. It's actually my second grow. But I've been around plenty of grows so I've got quite a bit of first hand experience. Well now that I think about it, I didn't get to finish my first grow so I guess this could be considered #1. Just incase anyone's curious, my grow failed because one of the joints at the leg of my table broke when it was full. It spilled about 25-35 gallons through the floor of my second story apartment. I had a knock on the door from my manager 10 min. later saying that she HAD TO come in because it was an emergency and she needed to check on the property. I eventually let her in, she saw everything. Luckily they didn't call the cops or anything (I'm "legal" but who wants the hassle). Needless to say I moved out a few days later, plants died.

Thanks for the tip about SDCC. Anyone else use them?

S

Sencinitas

drive up to avalon in long beach. its worth the drive. sd sucks for clones.
Thanks for the advice. I just checked their menu on weedmaps. They have a a bunch of seeds but the only clone available was something called plum princess. Maybe they're menu's not up to date. Either way, they're $20 a pop. I looking to get around 74 and a few extras for mothers. I don't want to pay any more than $10 bucks a piece, and that's still kinda high. $3-8 sounds more like it.

I just contacted San Diego Clone Conservatory. They offer discounts for collectives that buy in bulk. I just recently shut down a delivery service, I"m hoping they'll still hook it up. Any1 else use them? I noticed they don't grow all their own clones, they buy them from other growers, so that kinda worries me.

Thanks to everyone who's chipped in so far. There's a few other threads on this topic but they're either not very informative or outdated. Let's keep this going until there's a nice list of legit places in So-Cal. Or fuck it, California in general. True Elite Genetics are valuable and I'll travel far to get them.

J

JAHGYDI

menus are never up to date. ive tried to do biz with sdcc before unreliable quess they didnt want my money. buddy also got teens with mites. your better off finding some plants and making cuts if you need that many.

S

Sencinitas

@Jahgydi, thanks. That's the kind of stuff I wanted to hear. The LAST thing I want is bugs in my brand new room. I considered purchasing a few mothers and making my own cuts but it would take too long, I need these clones within the next week. Not to mention I don't have a place to cut/ keep the clones/ mothers until I move into my next spot and I wanted to get the grow going day 2 after move in so that's just not an option. I need everything ready beforehand.

Money's not really an issue as long as the clones are REASONABLY priced. I don't think $20 is anywhere near reasonable. I'm trying to get 72 of them, I would expect the price to be at a wholesale level. $3-8. Really, $5-8 is more like it but I've seen them as low as $3/ ea. 73 clones @ $7/ ea is $504. If you ever took clones, then you know that they really don't cost that much to produce. I think somewhere around $500 sounds about right. There's a pretty decent profit margin in there.

Anybody use budtrader? I've used it to find meds before but clones are a little different. Can anybody point me towards any LEGIT clone suppliers on budtrader? Is there anyone I should avoid. I've heard tons of bad shit about Clone Queen, so I won't be using them. (If answering/ asking this question is against the rules please just ignore.)

If I can't find a legit source I'm just going to have to get some from a buddy, but then we'll be growing the same strain. No Bueno.

C

cleocola

I bought from Queen of Clones, Victorville. First batch were nice but this second batch was a ripoff. Major dissapointment. No new growth, no roots.

T

tngreen

Avalon gives breaks for bulk give them a call and they have a forum

I've bought clones from sdclonesconservatory.org a few times now. I wish I would have found a warning like the one I'm posting now. The first time was from a dispensary in ob where they sold them for sdcc. They ended up being sick, weak, and the strains were wrong. Then, a full year later, I figured maybe it was the dispensaries fault that the clones were sick since san diego clone conservatory came up first on a google search. WRONG. absolute and complete trash. I actually got 15 clones and most of them ended up having root aphids and the others were very sick. Not to mention, they were tiny off the start even worse than the year before! I threw them away, never again will I trust these clones.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I've bought clones from sdclonesconservatory.org a few times now. I wish I would have found a warning like the one I'm posting now. The first time was from a dispensary in ob where they sold them for sdcc. They ended up being sick, weak, and the strains were wrong. Then, a full year later, I figured maybe it was the dispensaries fault that the clones were sick since san diego clone conservatory came up first on a google search. WRONG. absolute and complete trash. I actually got 15 clones and most of them ended up having root aphids and the others were very sick. Not to mention, they were tiny off the start even worse than the year before! I threw them away, never again will I trust these clones.

I dealt with them twice and had great results. Sorry about the pests. That's fucked up of them and I myself will never go through them again after some of the posts I've seen.

Do yourself a favor. Get a pack of seeds and find a mom.

T

treehugger

Money's not really an issue as long as the clones are REASONABLY priced. I don't think $20 is anywhere near reasonable. I'm trying to get 72 of them, I would expect the price to be at a wholesale level. $3-8. Really, $5-8 is more like it but I've seen them as low as $3/ ea. 73 clones @ $7/ ea is $504. If you ever took clones, then you know that they really don't cost that much to produce. I think somewhere around $500 sounds about right. There's a pretty decent profit margin in there.

Genetics would not be the best place to economize...

sb805og101

sb805og101

Progressive options in sfv always had trays of the newest cuts .if they r still open .more info on weedtracker.longer drive than avalon though??

S

Sasha

Honestly its up to the purchaser to be aware of what they are buying as well as the seller. I say this because I have 5 wifi clones that I bought in long beach and they had no roots, nute def and mold, but I had to buy them even though they looked like shit and I thought I could save them. So in other words I knew better...but had to have them. I know the genetics are solid but it takes more then genetics. Out of everything I bought all the Stardawg and two of the WIFIs were solid but like I said 5 are on their way out. I didnt even complain to this place because like I said I knew better when I bought them. Also never buy the last clones available unless they look solid. My point is...even the best places sell shit once in a while.

S

Sasha

Progressive options in sfv always had trays of the newest cuts .if they r still open .more info on weedtracker.longer drive than avalon though??

P.O. has great shit and you can pre order as many clones as you need that will be ready when you arrive if your paperwork says you can...so thats awesome but if you dont want to drive an extra 45 mins Avalon is good too. I started to comment here because I thought SB805 was saying P.O. was closer but i misread what he said...dooh

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I wouldn't by a grip of clones cuz ur taking a big risk that they all could b shit & u won't figure that out till a few months go by.. It's way better 2 buy a few & test them out 2 make sure there what u want then clone the shit out of them when u know there legit.. True elite cuts ain't gunna b cheap u get what u pay 4..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, the latest I've heard is, a lot of clone only places have pumped out mislabeled or fake cuts to lower the quality of the meds in their scenes, therefore making it easier for them to compete...have no clue if this is true, heard it and wouldn't be shocked. I've never seen a clone from a club be the super duper, good generic meds, but never the ultimate ime

Latest posts

Top Bottom