Where To Get Top Shelf Flower In Denver? (og, Chem)

• Thread starter sbkg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sbkg

Me and friend are comming into Colorado to snowboard, smoke weed and hit a few breweries.

Wondering if some of you locals can point me to the headies. I'm currently smoking on headband and SFV og here in MI and would like to score something equivalent. Thanks in advance! Much love

xavier7995

xavier7995

Pretty much every single shop in town will have the names you are looking for. I haven't been in like a year, but Sacred Seed always did right by me; they were a bit pricey though. Avoid any shop with the prepackaged buds, more than one location, ads on the radio. Make sure to look through all the jars, or at least a good selection of them, as it is 99% more likely that some weird strain on a middle or bottom shelf is going to outshine something on the top that has a great brand name and was rushed to the shelves.

Chem based strains seem to be a particular fave here and I haven't seen as many disappointing jars of some of the chem lineages as I have the rest of the popular ones.

Bought some headband back when I first moved here, most unimpressive smoke ever, shit tasted like firewood. Wifi was another that was just outright grown poorly.

Never been, but since you are heading up to the mountains you might want to check out some of the smaller dispensaries up in the mountain towns. Denver is pretty competitive and quality suffers as they try and keep up; the smaller mountain shops might be able to better put out quality...or they might also put out garbage since there isn't as much competition. They would at least appreciate the business:)

Underthesun

Underthesun

Buy your buds on the frontrange Denver/Boulder County before heading up. You'll get ripped off in the ski towns. Shitty weed and over priced. You could easily hit up 4 places in an hour, find the goods and don't be afraid to not buy anything if they don't have what you want. Denver and Boulder are the mecca, surrounding towns have some decent shops, and so do some small mountain towns....but touristy ski towns mark up shit just like their $12 cold cheeseburgers on the mountain. Not talking down those mountain towns, just how it is...snow is good right now man!

I've had good luck in Boulder/Lyons with quality bud from 14er, Bud Depot, The Station and sometimes the Farm. Good breweries that way for sure. Oskar Blues, Avery, Bootstrap, Lefthand.

Last edited:
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm a native man the only place I would spend my cash would be the green dream in gun barrel legit cuts and quality the owner is a old forum member from og days but every thing the dudes above said is all true

xavier7995

xavier7995

Well, I hearby retract my statement about the mountain towns, underthesun makes a lot of sense. Kind of forgot that much like the airport, certain things are just "very rare and hard to come by" and get marked up stupid amounts depending on location.

Honestly I am always kind of curious what people think of the weed shop weed. Everyone knocks it here, but having talked to people visiting from other legal areas it is no better or worse than what you find in the shops there. Homegrowers are probably always going to have the best stuff, just like someone brewing their own beer will probably have something better than most small breweries, and leaps and bounds better than budweiser. Visiting though, well a good craft brew is the best to hope for, so I stick by my stance of not going to places with more than one location, and like going to a brewery, ask them questions and take a look at all the wares.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I want to clear up my statement about mountain towns . I was just refering to popular ski towns and the main corridors to get there, these places seem to take advantage of tourists. I wasn't refering to all mountain communities. Also keep in mind, half or more of the state doesn't sell recreational.

B

boston

Foxstreet wellness has some nice chems
14er in Boulder has some nice crosses aswell
Both a little pricy but hell you will be on vacation

4BIG2WORM0

4BIG2WORM0

Natural Remedies or Kind Love are my 2 favs in Denver. Great bud, wax, & prices & friendly knowledgeable staff. Brewery suggestions would be Strange Brewing, Black Shirt Brewery are my 2 favorite, definitely lotsa options. Enjoy CO

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Trill Alternatives in boulder (the select shelf)
Green Dream in Gunbarrel (10 min outside boulder)
Verde Natural in Denver (almost always has the most fire strains in denver)

All of the above will almost always have multiple OGs on the shelves as well as a number of chem crosses and funky purple strains. Unfortunately I believe they are all also medical.

As far as the recreational market your choices are pretty limited, The Farm in boulder, Kind Love in denver, those are the only two I can really recommend with confidence. Hopefully you can figure out a way to get to a medical dispo!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Anything happen lately regarding being able to sell to dispensaries? My googling sucks, been trying to verify the claims of this article: http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/01/...e-limits-edibles-nonresident-marijuana/25773/

If you did get a license, would dispensaries even buy your product? Given that pretty much every single retail/med store had to have the grow attached...would they even be willing/need to buy extra product? Other than 420 week when everyone sells out, it isn't like there is a huge shortage that would cause a disp to need to buy external product. Per the article, 10k doesn't seem like a terrible fee assuming you can then get access to legally sell your product.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Anything happen lately regarding being able to sell to dispensaries? My googling sucks, been trying to verify the claims of this article: http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/01/...e-limits-edibles-nonresident-marijuana/25773/

If you did get a license, would dispensaries even buy your product? Given that pretty much every single retail/med store had to have the grow attached...would they even be willing/need to buy extra product? Other than 420 week when everyone sells out, it isn't like there is a huge shortage that would cause a disp to need to buy external product. Per the article, 10k doesn't seem like a terrible fee assuming you can then get access to legally sell your product.

lots of answers to those questions...
probably not the right thread for this...start a new one?

xavier7995

xavier7995

lots of answers to those questions...
probably not the right thread for this...start a new one?

Concurred, it started off as a musing regarding finding quality products in the retail market...and then off I rambled about hopes and dreams.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Tom over at denver despensary in commerce city has some great smoke but sometimes runs out pretty quick.I gifted him the triangle and GSC bay area platinum cut couple years ago pretty sure those are on the shelf both top notch at competitive prices.He also is recreational so good to roll some places are not still big pain in the ass would def call a shop u plan to go to in advance.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

There are some mighty fine growers on this board that would be willing to hook a brother up also i bet,dispos arent the only game in town,just the only government sanctioned one.

S

sbkg

So, my trip to CO was a great one, didn't find the quality/potency I am used to in MI, however I did find some decent flowers through the pedi taxi boys for very decent price. Thanks ya'll for the suggestions.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

So, my trip to CO was a great one, didn't find the quality/potency I am used to in MI, however I did find some decent flowers through the pedi taxi boys for very decent price. Thanks ya'll for the suggestions.
lol, perhaps you were looking in the wrong spot. If you found 'decent' anything from a pedal cab then you are not at the right spot. Here is the non resident pot pyramid.

Farmer (this site)
/\
|
|
|
|
Legit MMC's discussed or reviewed here
|
|
|
|
|
ghetto MMC's
|
|
|
|
Craigslist tranny hooker pot
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
pedal taxi dirty hippy sweat sock bag

xavier7995

xavier7995

So what dispensaries did you visit? That way we can maybe point people in other directions if they were not worth the visit.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Let's see some pics of this MI weed that is hard to beat. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Where did you go snowboard? Hit up any breweries?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Probably because MI is like what CO was 6 years ago when it was a cottage industry and people still cared about quality over profit margins. If you want to keep smoking that fire vote NO on any "legalization" legislation.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

WE HAVE HIGH QUALITY strains all types. SUPPLIES FROM 1/2 POUNCE OF
MOONROCK......1500$/POUNDS
AK47.......1200$/POUNDS
Tahoe og kush x gdp.....1100$/POUNDS
SHAKES....1250$/POUNDS
WAX....1700$/POUNDS
CANABIS OIL...700$/POUNDS
shelf indoors....1500/pounds
girl scout cookies....1300$/pounds
sour disel.....1000$/pounds
PLEASE NOTE WE SUPPLY YOUR PACKAGE ONLY AFTER FULL PAYMENT OR WE CAN NEGOTIATE FOR DEPOSITS DEPENDING ON YOUR ORDER GET BACK WITH A MESSAGE(786) x 704 x 0264
Quit spamming the forum you piece of shit.

Top Bottom