Where To Go From Here...

• Thread starter zosos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zosos

zosos

I have been working on a different extraction method using co2.
While running through many different setups and parameters, I have experienced varied results from clear amber thin liquid to thick sticky oil. Fresh material is best for clarity.
I have run kief, buds, and trim new and old.
Currently it is set up to produce fairly thin oil, water is removed with a centrifuge.
Yields have been from 10 to 40+ mils per lb.
My question is how to validate what is coming out.
Thanks!

Bottles
bicky studs

bicky studs

I have been working on a different extraction method using co2.
While running through many different setups and parameters, I have experienced varied results from clear amber thin liquid to thick sticky oil. Fresh material is best for clarity.
I have run kief, buds, and trim new and old.
Currently it is set up to produce fairly thin oil, water is removed with a centrifuge.
Yields have been from 10 to 40+ mils per lb.
My question is how to validate what is coming out.
Thanks!
smoke it m8:badboy:

P

progeny-prodigy

i can get 10% yield depending starting material and pressure/temp. i havent winterized enough to hav good yield info on that

zosos

zosos

i can get 10% yield depending starting material and pressure/temp. i havent winterized enough to hav good yield info on that
I see on the Eden labs website, a bottle of amber amber oil being poured out... was wondering where that is in the process.

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

I'd suggest EVIO.

I've only used their Southern Oregon lab on a couple of samples, but their results agreed with my in-house results, and the other analytical lab I was using at the time.

At this point most of the bullshit labs (in Oregon) have gone under or been purchased by folks who know what they're doing.

zosos

zosos

I'd suggest EVIO.

I've only used their Southern Oregon lab on a couple of samples, but their results agreed with my in-house results, and the other analytical lab I was using at the time.

At this point most of the bullshit labs (in Oregon) have gone under or been purchased by folks who know what they're doing.
Thanks,
Zosos

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

Asking a stranger (3rd party testing) is required by law before you can sell into either the Rec or Medical system in Oregon. However, if you've gone to the expense of acquiring a CO2 extractor, having the ability to figure out what your machine is producing without asking a stranger is really useful.

SRI sells a $10k GC specifically designed for this market. They claim it will do cannabinoids, residual solvents, and terpenes. I can't vouch for this particular machine, and suspect the residual solvent & terpene analysis are more qualitative than quantitative, but I do know the used machine I picked up a few years back has been extremely useful when it comes to quantitating cannabinoids (they also have a $5k version that they market for just cannabinoids).

The drawback of these GC's is that they can't tell you anything about the decarboxylation state of your cannabinoids. There is a chemical modification you can make to your samples that can get you this information, but the chemicals used are very toxic, and I can't get folks to stop leaving their coffee/lunch/soda/half smoked joints lying around the GC, so I haven't been willing to try that tek.

You can also buy Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) kits that will get you fairly close on cannabinoid quantitation, and can tell THC from THCA from a number of suppliers. This has been on my list for quite some time, but I find it's more fun to "dose a buddy" (perform a bioassay or four).

The trick with "dose a buddy" is to have a well calibrated team of willing testers. You need to know how much THC is the minimum they can feel, what a "good" high takes, and where they fall down. They can't quantitate the terps for you, but they can certainly tell you that run A tastes better than run B which is probably more important than the actual terpene quantitation anyway.

I use 3rd party tested RSO in capsules over a couple of weeks to establish a base line.

Top Bottom