Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

To this day still one of my favorite books if not my favorite.The Pillars Of The Earth by Ken Follett.
Too big for them to do a movie so they turned it into a mini series.Though not as good as the book it's still very epic and totally worthy of watching.
Not available on netflix stream only DVD. :(

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

^^^^ ever since that guy played in deadwood (swearingen) I just cant see him in any other roles lol how strange!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The Maze Runner, I've been putting this one off because I thought it was a Hunger Games clone. While it does share some themes, this one was a lot better then the HG movies. And, actually quite different.

I noticed that the movie is actually the first in a trilogy of books, and this was a pretty decent movie. It did set itself up for the next movie quite obviously, but for some reason I really didn't mind it.

I also hear there is a prequel book, would be interested in seeing that too. Not sure if they are going to make it a movie. Probably one of those things where they wait and see how the next movie fair; that movie comes out in 2015.

Damn,I hear ya FiveAM,different strokes I guess.I just watched that movie yesterday and found it to be a dud.Glad I didn't waste the money for Imax.Can't please everyone though. ;)

About to commit 2 hours of my life to this movie, Final thoughts..............When we return ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To this day still one of my favorite books if not my favorite.The Pillars Of The Earth by Ken Follett.
Too big for them to do a movie so they turned it into a mini series.Though not as good as the book it's still very epic and totally worthy of watching.
Not available on netflix stream only DVD. :(
My very first eBook! LOVED it AND the series. But then , I adore history and goog historical fiction.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well the maze was interesting, Leaves ya wondering whats going to happen down the line. Look forward to the sequels over all a decent 2 hours of my life spent :D

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

I enjoyed " When Pigs have Wings " yesterday . To funny ! I watched 'Welcome to the Truth ' when it came out. Very good also !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

^^ Just finished that movie.. Beyond awesome... Prolly one of the top 3 movies ive seen this year.. It was just mind bending!
Yes! We spent the week at my parents' new place out in the desert. They love watching movies and watch new flicks pretty much every night. So I was treated to Lucy, Predestination, and Housebound. ALL just fucking AWESOME movies.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!! I was hoping someone else watched it and agreed it was just fucking AWESOME!

Watching Stonehearst Asylum atm Ben Kingsly Kate beckensale bunch of other actors lol Trailer looked good.. Will report back :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well Stonehearst Asylum was ok.. id give it a 6 outta 10, Interesting and the ending kinda made the movie so.. Decent flick.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I half-assed "watched" (kinda listened to) The Reluctant Fundamentalist yesterday while doing some trimming. I should probably watch and actually pay attention to it.

I *did* watch Broken Kingdom. Very sad movie.

I think we need a "What Awesome Things Have You Learned Lately" thread. I've learned how to make an AMAZING challah bread from my dad, and he taught me a four-strand and SIX-strand braid last week. My father also taught me how to shoot when I was a kid, and a few other things. Like how to really get in trouble. :o

Top Bottom