Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGRox

MGRox

The question still remains @Seamaiden Brought up, ROFL Is,, Lucy HER? Or is Her Lucy ;)

I would say Lucy is Her.
Lucy could evolve far enough to incorporate her intellect into a PC. Thus having her conscious disconnected from her nervous and endocrine system. This could result in a detachment in primal survival natures (love, compassion, anger, fear etc) without a loss of pure intellect. This intellect could find its' way to, what becomes, the company that first offers the AI program. It is possible that with new exposure of this intellect to a wide variety of "humans" over time could (re) develop these primal natures and thus become Her.
:):)

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I watched a 1963/64 drive in schlocktastrophy special called "Frankenstein versus the Alien Monster".......I watch the good stuff with my joints and pipe loads....Vampire Chicks with Chainsaws is what I cued up next.....a supposed award winning movie from Troma...and followed up later by rerunning/streaming a Japanese flick called "Ass Zombies" which is a must see for you all too who like movies made on a budget of 50 to 80 bucks.....you can find it out on YouTube any of these three master film pieces.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
9 Seasons of the Uk version are on netflix atm yes... With that said i just tried to watch 5 mins of it and the accents are just killing it for me, No offence to any brits here.. Just cant do it...
That's what subtitles are for, right? :D

Because, based on how THIS season is starting off, I have GOT to see the original.
I took you for someone entertained by accents....some just kill it like the parkee accent on Snatch ...
Pikey! LMFAO!! I thought I was bad.
I watched a 1963/64 drive in schlocktastrophy special called "Frankenstein versus the Alien Monster".......I watch the good stuff with my joints and pipe loads....Vampire Chicks with Chainsaws is what I cued up next.....a supposed award winning movie from Troma...and followed up later by rerunning/streaming a Japanese flick called "Ass Zombies" which is a must see for you all too who like movies made on a budget of 50 to 80 bucks.....you can find it out on YouTube any of these three master film pieces.....
Ah, the era of the B-grade movie school horror flicks! My sisters and I used to stay up *very* late on the weekends, especially during summer, and watch these movies being shown on LA television UHF channels. Remember when TV channels were separated into UHF and VHF? Fuck, remember standing there tuning the thing's rabbit ears? What was your favorite attenuator, foil, or soda cans?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I cant do subtitles those are just as annoying lol, Having watched the us version first theres just no way i can go watch the uk version now..

But i wish you the best watching it i sincerely hope you do enjoy it :D

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I wish, But theres something about the british accent that just sounds like nails on a chalkboard.. Some i can stand but most i just cant, I guess it depends on what region there from, some can have really strong british in there voices and others not so much..
Watch some Scottish TV shows or movies LittleDabbie for some real confusing UK dialect or a cop show from Wales in Welsh it will make you crazy enough to pull an Elvis and shoot your TV in about 10 minutes, for myself it only takes maybe 9 minutes.... and I'm of Scot and Welsh descent....can you imagine "Star Wars" where all the characters including Darth Vader, R2D2, C3PO, all speak the script in thick Scot Gaelic....Hans Solo in a kilt......now I could watch that for longer than 9 minutes laughing hysterical for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before again being tempted to committing an act of Elvis and shooting the TV ....

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Nebraska was funny ...lol cemetery scene too funny ... John Wicke action no brainer of course he kicks ass hes a assasin ... Breaking bad series those guys are wacked but entertaining...Gone girl ....couldn't get into the book but the movie is very warped..good

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Nebraska was funny ...lol cemetery scene too funny ... John Wicke action no brainer of course he kicks ass hes a assasin ... Breaking bad series those guys are wacked but entertaining...Gone girl ....couldn't get into the book but the movie is very warped..good
I got the "Breaking Bad" complete series on DVD for one of my Christmas gifts from a relative. watched about 4 out of the first 7 episodes of season one so far. Brian Cranston is an incredible gifted thespian/actor......I bought from the Wal-mart 5 dollar bargain DVD barrel the new Godzilla movie simply cause Cranston was in it.....best part of that movie too...Cranston's acting.....Godzilla was pretty good in it to....showed some real acting skill improvements since doing Godzilla 2000 , but Cranston stole all the scenes in the new Godzilla movie even from Godzilla.....
Guardians OF The Galaxy was fun, bought that too recently...

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Because, based on how THIS season is starting off, I have GOT to see the original.

Ah, the era of the B-grade movie school horror flicks! My sisters and I used to stay up *very* late on the weekends, especially during summer, and watch these movies being shown on LA television UHF channels. Remember when TV channels were separated into UHF and VHF? Fuck, remember standing there tuning the thing's rabbit ears? What was your favorite attenuator, foil, or soda cans?
I used my own Bluzboy invented and patented designed VHF/UHF antenna that I would make from a coat hanger......then put aluminum foil on it all over......then if you stood just in the right place with your hand on this antenna I designed ...the picture came in pretty good as long as you kept standing there with your hand on the antenna.....yeah, I remember those days well Seamaiden....remember "SvenGooli" from LA? There are YOUTUBE videos of his shows and one he even has Al Yankovich and his first group on and its like 1973/74 broadcast, its hysterical...

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I used my own Bluzboy invented and patented designed VHF/UHF antenna that I would make from a coat hanger......then put aluminum foil on it all over......then if you stood just in the right place with your hand on this antenna I designed ...the picture came in pretty good as long as you kept standing there with your hand on the antenna.....yeah, I remember those days well Seamaiden....remember "SvenGooli" from LA? There are YOUTUBE videos of his shows and one he even has Al Yankovich and his first group on and its like 1973/74 broadcast, its hysterical...
Actually his show, Svengooli originated from Chicago, was produced by Phil Donahue, and here is the episode that features what I believe was Al Yankovich's first comedy band/group called Wilderness Road and Yankovich I believe is on the far left looking like he's in his very early 20's...this is from a broadcast from 1972?73?

Last edited:
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

My kid just hooked me up for christmas with a chromecast ..then he streams everything to it awesome ...instant movies before there out ... well worth the $32.00
I do the same Medusa...that way I can see if the movie is worth purchasing to add to my film collection in DVD or Blu-Ray....if it is good I will wait till its cheap and buy the DVD in the 5 dollar bargain barrel, if it is excellent or outstanding I'll buy when the film on Blu-Ray when it hits the the $7.88 Blu-Ray bargain barrel at Wally-Mart....sometimes I'll buy them when they drop to 10 or 12 bucks too if I want to have the film around bad enough...I have like 4000 DVD's and Blu-Rays----that way I don't need no stinking cable or Dish/Direct TV like rip off services.....I got Netflix and can stream and get DVD's at home three at a time and I have a program called DVDFAB Platinum(video software sold and downloaded from Taiwan costs like 80 bucks) that copies any DVD, Blu-Ray, or 3D Blu-Ray and then I have a 3D Blu-Ray/regular Blu-Ray/ both Dual land single layer DVD burner in my PC and I can make perfect copy/clone of any movie Netflix sends me.....saves me buying a lot of movies/discs as well ...

Last edited:
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Ugh Dear white people sucked.................
yes they do suck.... kind of like Scottish cuisine....haggis, rarebit, kidney pie, boiled eel, brined earth worms....white people from the UK especially we Scots created all our cuisine on a dare....you know, after some whiskey and fine bud, a Scot goes 'I dare Ye to eat this Ye raucous bloody bugger!" We Scots also invented picking up big rocks and long poles and throwing them as far as you can.... Scot sports were created while drinking, smoking bud, and throwing up the food they just ate from a dare....only really drunk and stoned Highlander and Scot guys could come up with the idea kilts were manly to wear....Ayeeeee, I'm drunk and a stonedith Aye so good I have me courage shored up to wear a lassies skirt, Ayeeeee, care for some more haggis and ale mate, the puke hole is over yonder mate, nice skirt you got on there though....(typical Highlander party talk)

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 210
Part 211
yes they do suck.... kind of like Scottish cuisine....haggis, rarebit, kidney pie, boiled eel, brined earth worms....white people from the UK especially we Scots created all our cuisine on a dare....you know, after some whiskey and fine bud, a Scot goes 'I dare Ye to eat this Ye raucous bloody bugger!" We Scots also invented picking up big rocks and long poles and throwing them as far as you can.... Scot sports were created while drinking, smoking bud, and throwing up the food they just ate from a dare....only really drunk and stoned Highlander and Scot guys could come up with the idea kilts were manly to wear....Ayeeeee, I'm drunk and a stonedith Aye so good I have me courage shored up to wear a lassies skirt, Ayeeeee, care for some more haggis and ale mate, the puke hole is over yonder mate, nice skirt you got on there though....(typical Highlander party talk)
here are signs from outside Scottish pubs....I love to visit Scotland, me Granny, Aye, me Granny was born in the village of Dalserf Scotland in 1900 and came to America after World War 1 with my Scot Grand Da and me clans are the Kerrs and Bairds from me granny's side and the Reid's and Macgregor's on my grandfathers side.....my great uncle was the mad Scot behind making and manufacturing the "Baird Tele" which was like the only UK TV maker. Debra Kerr was from my other clan on my Granny's side. My Grand Da was a Reid, which means Red in Gaelic, so he was Matthew of the Reds and I have his favorite skirt and wear it often with his favorite tam, Scottish version of a beret, I wear these when I compete in professional String Cheese Ball Room Dancing competitions or events my wife makes me go to I don't want to be at..some signs from my favorite Scottish pubs...

Last edited:
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Here is also a pic from a scene from the Japanese version of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"....this is the scene from the movie based on Ayn Rand's book where Atlas decides he is a libertarian and is going to set the world down and let it hold itself up but slips and falls and the world crashes down on his back and these two other Japanese libertarians walk by while he is asking for help and they tell him "buck up dude, your on your own"....
In this Japanese version of "Atlas Shrugged" in the end Atlas got put on SSDI, and kicked out of the libertarian party.....wasn't a bad movie but some bushido sword play would have livened it up and I would have rated it 3 stars instead of just 2 and 1/2 stars...
So the Bluzboy Movie and Film critic gives it 2 and 1/2 stars for interpretation of a classic nonsense
RandsAtlasShruggedjapanesesinterpetation01a
novel...

philly kush

philly kush

I remember my brother & I stripping speaker wire & tying it to rabbit ears for better picture,,,,,ahhh the good old days!!! Just watched who's minding the store yesterday jerry lee lewis,,,, laughed my ass off

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

I was talking about the movie bro... :\

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I was talking about the movie bro... :\
Yeah, but a lot of us UK gene based Caucasians/white guys like myself are guys who do not make movies any better than we cook is my point...so my point was that whiskey drinking Scots do not make very good movies or food...we Scots do make some good whiskey though and grow fine bud to go with it....the UK Cheese head I run here in Colorado is from seed gifted and sent from a grower in Scotland he sent me inside a really bad Scottish bagpipes music CD.....which I would be happy to send you to prove Scot bagpipe music is as bad as our local Scot food delicacies like haggis and boiled eel......-+nobody goes to Scotland for food, movies, or music I can tell you that LittleDabbie...heard any Scottish rappers.....they are as good as the food and bagpipe music too...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah, but a lot of us UK gene based Caucasians/white guys like myself are guys who do not make movies any better than we cook is my point...so my point was that whiskey drinking Scots do not make very good movies or food...we Scots do make some good whiskey though and grow fine bud to go with it....the UK Cheese head I run here in Colorado is from seed gifted and sent from a grower in Scotland he sent me inside a really bad Scottish bagpipes music CD.....which I would be happy to send you to prove Scot bagpipe music is as bad as our local Scot food delicacies like haggis and boiled eel......-+nobody goes to Scotland for food, movies, or music I can tell you that LittleDabbie...heard any Scottish rappers.....they are as good as the food and bagpipe music too...

Actually yes i know of 1 decent Irish rapper , close to scottish ;)

But i see yer point :D

Top Bottom