Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Irish can rap, sing in harmony on key, dance, cook edible food, make good whiskey and are ass kickers in the boxing ring so in a lot ways the Irish are doing a little better with the creative side of things r that require taste, rhythm, or being in tune or on key, while Scots, we make good whiskey, good bud, pretty good tele, wrote the song Amazing Grace but had an Irish guy sing it so it would sell when the Scot guy released the song in like 1700's sometime,, and we do skirts for guys pretty good...I being facetious about my Scot roots of course and poking fun at my heritage as my Scot Granny did that raised me...my wit is based entirely in self deprecating humor and making fun of my own origins and family's neurotic tics..

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Oh, and LittleDabbie, if you ever saw a drunk Highlander dancing uninhibited like no one else could see him in a disco to Hip Hop in a kilt, you would not be able to stop laughing for a week, maybe even ten days straight....

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Never watched Taken 2 so theres no way in hell i'll watch taken 3... 1 was enough.. thank god they ran outta family members to kill.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Taken 3, that's on the video reel for today. I hope it's just like that last two, action action action..pft who needs a good story? Steven Siegal 2.0=Liam Niason these days.

I hear the wife is in on it this time!
I like Liam Neeson's work. I got the thriller he is in from Netflix coming where Neeson is on a plane that is under a malicious threat or sabotage or some other form of duress.......Neeson was an actual bare knuckles ring fighter in his youth in Ireland. used the money he made from it to go to a University and study acting....

Calixylon

Calixylon

The Geust and Tusk. The Geust is weird psychopathic with a weird anti hero who is just a straight killer and not a hero. Tusk whT can I say, done by Kevin smith, if you like campy b horror movies this is sort of funny and gets kind of depressing T the end but overall enjoyable.

FiveAM

FiveAM

Never watched Taken 2 so theres no way in hell i'll watch taken 3... 1 was enough.. thank god they ran outta family members to kill.

LOL. Kind of like John Wick. You watch it cause it's going to be bad, but man he can kill a mothafucker.

They killed my dog!

I like Liam Neeson's work. I got the thriller he is in from Netflix coming where Neeson is on a plane that is under a malicious threat or sabotage or some other form of duress.......Neeson was an actual bare knuckles ring fighter in his youth in Ireland. used the money he made from it to go to a University and study acting....

I like him too, he's just doing a lot of the American action flicks these days. All I was trying to say there.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I am a SCI-FI junkie mostly anymore, love the Josh Whedon/Zack Snyder Marvel franchise series stuff and I like a lot of foreign/world films from France, Asia, Sweden/Norway for the most creative films in script or content anymore for comedy, action, Sci-Fi and Horror genres....I would like to give some recommendations of films from other countries you all should see if you like the genre of film I was just speaking of...
The first recommendation I would give everyone to see is a like the French version of "Get Smart/Our Man Flint" show/movies of the 60's, twin comedies called OSS 117: Cairo Nest OF Spies and the follow up film OSS117: Lost In Rio, both hysterical French films that poke fun at being well French.....both films start Jean Dujardin, star of the Oscar winning film "The Artist"...

If you like gory gritty grindhouse Tarantino like zombie horror then see the French Film "The Horde", it is everything my description says it is.......

If you like Asian film that is marital arts combined with romance and fantasy then see the Chinese film "The Promise", brilliantly colored tapestry of a film built on Chinese myth and a fairy tale Chinese parents tell their daughters that is parable about the choices they will have to make growing up....beautiful touching film...

Like black comedy zombie horror- see Brian Yuzna's "Reanimator" starring Jeffery Combs from the 80s' and Yuzna's version of HP Lovecraft's "From Beyond"

A lot of these are out on YOUTUBE to stream so if any of you have interest go stream and see them there, many are in HD FLV/WMA...

Two horror comedies from Sweden and Norway to see are "Dead Snow" and "Frostbitten", both hysterical creative original black comedy horror films....
These films have English soundtrack or you can turn on the original dialect and read the subtitles if you like hear the actors natural voices..

Last edited:
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

The Geust and Tusk. The Geust is weird psychopathic with a weird anti hero who is just a straight killer and not a hero. Tusk whT can I say, done by Kevin smith, if you like campy b horror movies this is sort of funny and gets kind of depressing T the end but overall enjoyable.
Ohhhh, I got "Tusk" in my Netflix cue coming to me with the Liam Neeson freak out on a plane thriller...cooool....

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
View attachment 478186 View attachment 478187 View attachment 478188 View attachment 478189 View attachment 478190 View attachment 478192 View attachment 478193 View attachment 478194 View attachment 478196 View attachment 478197
here are signs from outside Scottish pubs....I love to visit Scotland, me Granny, Aye, me Granny was born in the village of Dalserf Scotland in 1900 and came to America after World War 1 with my Scot Grand Da and me clans are the Kerrs and Bairds from me granny's side and the Reid's and Macgregor's on my grandfathers side.....my great uncle was the mad Scot behind making and manufacturing the "Baird Tele" which was like the only UK TV maker. Debra Kerr was from my other clan on my Granny's side. My Grand Da was a Reid, which means Red in Gaelic, so he was Matthew of the Reds and I have his favorite skirt and wear it often with his favorite tam, Scottish version of a beret, I wear these when I compete in professional String Cheese Ball Room Dancing competitions or events my wife makes me go to I don't want to be at..some signs from my favorite Scottish pubs...
Lol I have the children giving expresso and kittens in my salon....gets the point across..

Calixylon

Calixylon

Dead snow 2, sequels are usually bad but this one was done proper. First was a culty campy hit and the 2nd has much larger budget and runs hard with the campy funny horror bit. And who dosent love nazi zombies, or hate them shall I say.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Dead snow 2, sequels are usually bad but this one was done proper. First was a culty campy hit and the 2nd has much larger budget and runs hard with the campy funny horror bit. And who dosent love nazi zombies, or hate them shall I say.
I just watched that and sent it back and you are so right bro, that sequel was as funny or funnier than the first....loved the Swedish rock soundtracks in those movies too. Some interesting good original Swede/Norway band rock music in both dead Snow films and the frostbitten film as well...the original vampire flick "Let Me In' from Sweden is better than the Holllywood remake as well. Same with Ju-On and the Hollywood's remake of it "The Grudge". I thought the original Takeshi Miike Ju-On (which mean the grudge in English), the version from Japan was better than the one he directed for Hollywood remaking the film he already made in Japan that was a better version and scarier in my humble opine...

Calixylon

Calixylon

If you like a good war movie watch "Fury" The Pitt Meister, Shia la douche, and a few other stars I cant think of are in it. Fictional i believe but its good and well made, and I enjoy war movies, well i enjoy historical war movies from Vietnam back.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

If you like a good war movie watch "Fury" The Pitt Meister, Shia la douche, and a few other stars I cant think of are in it. Fictional i believe but its good and well made, and I enjoy war movies, well i enjoy historical war movies from Vietnam back.
Yes!!! I want to see that! Got it in my Netflix cue. have you or anybody else out here seen "Interstellar" yet and is it good? I been chomping at the bit to see that Chris Nolan space flick for a while.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, someone posted about it within the past couple of days, IIRC. :)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Anyone watch bill murrays new movie St Vincent?? I tried got about 15 mins into it.. i just cant seem to " get into " this one..

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Anyone watch bill murrays new movie St Vincent?? I tried got about 15 mins into it.. i just cant seem to " get into " this one..
I have not seen that Murray film yet but do have it cued up at Netflix....not hearing to many good things about the new Depp Mordicai movie either, getting panned pretty bad in reviews, being a Depp fan , I was hoping it was going to truly be a good funny film...

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

For a fun campy black comedy horror b-film I recommend "Tucker and Dale versus Evil" which I thought was absolutely hysterical. Pretty sure it can be found and streamed on YOUTUBE too...

philly kush

philly kush

woke up this morning which I mean around noonish looked outside n said fuck,,, it snowed its balls off last night,,,so I blazed up n went out n shoveled driveway n walkway,, blazed up a little more my kids just put
The Interview on with Seth Rogan & James Franco so I guess I will check it out while im nicely blazed up

Top Bottom