Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

YOU STILL HAVEN"T SAID WHAT LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT LIE IN PARTICULAR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOu said he wrote a book, what did he lie about??????????????????

You can't even say one example except the Jesse thing, which imo will be overturned very soon.

Lies don't happen on the battle field. He had spotters and satellite surveillance on all missions. He was linked to every other soldiers coms. He had a camera on his vest. He didn't lie about anything on the battlefield, 100% for sure. For you to say "I'm not sure how to respond" is because you have no facts or proof. Kind of seems like you are telling lies about an American hero. Unless you have some facts, I will consider what you said a lie.

Once again, what did he lie about?

10394594_10152351466773406_6397047076227012355_n.jpg

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The main problem I see you having is the fact that Kyle wrote a book about his accomplishments. You may think he lied about some fight that has nothing to do with his legacy. You don't deny his war accomplishments. I say, he is a hero for what he did for our country on the battlefield. I don't care if he made the most Hollywood fabricated movie ever after, he is a hero for what he did on the battle field. Period. American's owe this man a great deal of gratitude, instead of trying to find anything to tarnish his legacy. You can believe he isn't a hero because a movie was made about what he did, but I know he is a hero because of what he has done on the battlefield.

Thank God for Chris Kyle. Thank God for America

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I never really had or *have* a problem with the man writing a book or even having a movie made, not until I saw this weird fervor grow about this guy, as though he's unique somehow. What about all the rest who haven't gone around tooting their own horns? The suicides? The ones who didn't get out alive, or barely did so, but can no longer form sentences..? Those are the ones I think about. I do have very unsettled and disturbing feelings about everything associated with how the US goes about its business of war, and a lot of internal conflict because people I know and love are involved.

<snipped> I think it's better, in the name of friendship, to move away from what is clearly a very touchy subject for you. I don't want to argue about this, as it seems that you have your mind made up as is mine.

If you want to talk privately about some of the real heroes I know personally, we can do that. If you know military hierarchy, your mind will be at least slightly blown. I am curious though--are you also a veteran? If so, and if you feel I have stepped on you or insulted you or other military servicepeople by stating my opinion and repeating some of the things I've read on this particular subject, then I apologize for that, as no insult towards any others is intended in any way, shape or form. I do believe in a good and true justice system and I do believe in 'a jury of your peers,' if that means anything, and that has colored my opinion here to a large degree.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I don't let things like this get in the way of friendship.

Bottom line, again you haven't stated where he lied about anything other than possibly Jesse. The weird vibe about Kyle you got was from the media, and left wing zealots. In case you don't understand, the fervor about him is because he is the most decorated sniper in American history. He not only was a sniper, but when raids were happening inside buildings and sniping wasn't effective, he left his sniper position and went in with the marines. True hero, no doubt. He is a truly special hero amongst hero's. I am not saying the soldiers you speak of are not heroes, the only one claiming somebody isn't a hero is you. In fact, you guaranteed it. Yet you can't even back it up.

I do have to say this is somewhat of a sore spot for me. It blows me away the anti America talk going around the world right now. People just jump on the bandwagon without any facts. (kind of like your claims against kyle) I know it's old fashion, but my family has always said, God, Country, Family. So when you talk bad about our countries heroes, you might as well be insulting my own family. With that said, you can think whatever you want. I am not telling you to think one way or another. I try to come from a fact based argument, in order to back one of America's fallen soldiers. I feel it's my duty to do so. When I feel somebody is lying about something this important to me, I will always stand up. Evil encompasses this planet, I try to be the light when I can. Even if that makes me unpopular.

Anyways, hope you have a great week seamaiden. I have no beef what so ever with you. Just trying to stand tall for Kyle.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Wow lol Its just a movie,,, It was just a book... 1 Mans tale ..

The bible was just a book and they claimed jesus never lied....

FiveAM

FiveAM

Watched the new superman while trimming a couple nights ago.
I was pleasantly surprised, it was actually pretty good movie.

I thought so too, can't wait for that Batman vs. Superman or Super vs. Bat....whichever it's called.

I watched Night at the Museum Secret of the Tomb last night..it wasn't bad, wasn't good either. It just was noise to fill the void. Maybe kids might have liked it.

FiveAM

FiveAM

Yes, it was more like a paranoid thriller than a documentary...just my thoughts.

Yeah I would agree with your observation, certainly. Only thing I would say, and maybe people are smart enough to see it for what it is, it definitely made me think differently about my internet and phone habits. If half of what that movie says is true, then the files on me and everyone else are already there, someone just needs to dig them up. So if I can stop "adding" to that file, more the better.

On the lighter side of things, I'm about to watch The Theory of Everything. I've had 2 people, and I over heard something on the radio, say this movie is worth the watch. Anyone else seen it?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You didn't think someone already has a dossier on you....? I've been brought up to assume as much.

I have not seen the movie, and I'm not sure I've even heard of it. Now I have!

indicabush

indicabush

Yeah I would agree with your observation, certainly. Only thing I would say, and maybe people are smart enough to see it for what it is, it definitely made me think differently about my internet and phone habits. If half of what that movie says is true, then the files on me and everyone else are already there, someone just needs to dig them up. So if I can stop "adding" to that file, more the better.

On the lighter side of things, I'm about to watch The Theory of Everything. I've had 2 people, and I over heard something on the radio, say this movie is worth the watch. Anyone else seen it?

Frankly it's too late for a lot people who have taken telecommunications for granted here in the USA. A lot of us have taken appropriate precautions years ago and continue to do so. We know that their out there and that just makes things interesting. They compromise privacy and we have fun trying to evade. Technology goes both ways. Good luck on your evasion tactics....I'll be rooting for you.

The Theory of Everything IMHO was well acted and moving.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

As a Nam combat veteran I would like to add some input from my perspective and other older vets I hang with on this "Kyle" thing, which is...I and a lot of other veterans do not like the recent spate of expose novels and movies made and based on the bravado and thumping chest exploits of certain SOG operations or operators and I will leave my opine to end there. I will tell you that I had to attend a good friend's funeral this week that was a decorated SEAL from 1965 to 1972 and you never heard of him, or what he did, nor did he ever make a big deal out of it and thought exactly what I do about these SOG hyped movies and books. His name was Robert Kidd and he was as fine a person and generous gracious cowboy and rancher you'd ever meet and never once thumped chest about combat or what he did in combat...RIP Bob...

indicabush

indicabush

As a Nam combat veteran I would like to add some input from my perspective and other older vets I hang with on this "Kyle" thing, which is...I and a lot of other veterans do not like the recent spate of expose novels and movies made and based on the bravado and thumping chest exploits of certain SOG operations or operators and I will leave my opine to end there. I will tell you that I had to attend a good friend's funeral this week that was a decorated SEAL from 1965 to 1972 and you never heard of him, or what he did, nor did he ever make a big deal out of it and thought exactly what I do about these SOG hyped movies and books. His name was Robert Kidd and he was as fine a person and generous gracious cowboy and rancher you'd ever meet and never once thumped chest about combat or what he did in combat...RIP Bob...

I am also a Nam vet and I couldn't agree with you more. In my circle of Brothers we don't understand why Hollywood and ghost writers feel the need to exploit such scenarios. My opinion is that it is demeaning to those of us that served Honorably and to those that never made it home.....Semper Fidelis

Top Bottom