Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I am also a Nam vet and I couldn't agree with you more. In my circle of Brothers we don't understand why Hollywood and ghost writers feel the need to exploit such scenarios. My opinion is that it is demeaning to those of us that served Honorably and to those that never made it home.....Semper Fidelis
Best regards in all your endeavors and thanks for the moral support of you and your brothers on the issue IndicaBush.

Last edited:
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Harrison Ford has signed to do a sequel to "Bladerunner" and filming starts next summer 2016....premise of script is that it is decades later and a search is on to find Rick Deckard(Ford) for some reason and Ford as Deckard apparently does not make an appearance till the third act in the film.....maybe a Christmas 2017 release date thrown out there about it...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As a Nam combat veteran I would like to add some input from my perspective and other older vets I hang with on this "Kyle" thing, which is...I and a lot of other veterans do not like the recent spate of expose novels and movies made and based on the bravado and thumping chest exploits of certain SOG operations or operators and I will leave my opine to end there. I will tell you that I had to attend a good friend's funeral this week that was a decorated SEAL from 1965 to 1972 and you never heard of him, or what he did, nor did he ever make a big deal out of it and thought exactly what I do about these SOG hyped movies and books. His name was Robert Kidd and he was as fine a person and generous gracious cowboy and rancher you'd ever meet and never once thumped chest about combat or what he did in combat...RIP Bob...
I am also a Nam vet and I couldn't agree with you more. In my circle of Brothers we don't understand why Hollywood and ghost writers feel the need to exploit such scenarios. My opinion is that it is demeaning to those of us that served Honorably and to those that never made it home.....Semper Fidelis
Thank you both for sharing your insight and your stories. You're the kind of whom I speak, as was Robert Kidd, may he rest in peace forever.

Now, has anyone mentioned Cold in July? I watched most of it last night. Holy fuck. I've DVR'd it, gonna have to gird myself to watch it again, some scenes are pretty intense.

Are we giving storyline synopses here, or what? I can't remember if we agreed not to.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I laughed all the way through that one too.....inspired me to go and grow some Golden Goat and stare at it.....then just smoke it...

indicabush

indicabush

Wild Card! LOL..Jason Statham. Currently "Clown" (2014) .. Tight fitting suit..! haha ..

I enjoyed parts of Wild Card, but most of it was a bust. It seemed to be a slow paced character study.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Just got done watching this...
Impressions?Campy,silly,completely ridiculous and borderline stupid at times.
Verdict?Awesome movie,loved it for what it was.Funny as hell,enjoyed it tremendously.
This ones a winner if you just let yourself go. ;)

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

The Loft - Thriller / Suspense.

John Wick - Awesome Cqb action

Afflicted - wasnt too bad either. decent film

Tucker and Dale vs Evil - Instant classic

Black Mirror series - really bad ass tv shows

Z Nation - I almost like it better than walking dead

Reaper (series) - thought those were pretty funny, plus i love Missy P.

Last edited:
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I watched "Klown" this weekend on DVD from Netflix, a Swedish/Norwiegan comedy that you have to see to believe is all I gots to say about it,....... , I'm still laughing my ass off about it....

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Oh, and I also watched a film from France called "The Fairy" that is a just one of the best funny sweet romantic comedy's I have ever seen in a long while and this from a guy who really does not like romantic comedies so its that good......see it.....

Top Bottom