Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

9 1/2 Weeks was on IFC the other day, WOW. I remember seeing it on the counter of the video store when I was a kid cuz it was a big deal in the 80s when it came out. Holy shit man, Kim Basinger was pretty good and Mickey Rourke nailed it (in more ways than one haha). It's almost like a psychological thriller with lots of sex thrown in but still pretty tame for today. WTF happened to Rourke, the dude was like Tom Cruise status in that movie. One of the things that made it watchable was the obvious chemistry between Basinger and Rourke, they couldn't have cast it any better.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Saw Boyhood last night, best film I've seen in a while. Really ground breaking cinema. Simple honest and emotional. Really good film.

Watched Coffee and Cigarettes the other day and I know lot of folks hate Jarmusch's stuff- but I quite enjoy his style of filmmaking. Another good one from him is Dead Men.

Got super stoned last week and watched Buffalo 66. Hated it when I sayw it sober but feel I understood it better this time. I enjoy the wacky photography

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just caught part of that our last night in DC (two nights ago), I need to get it DVRd.

Reaper

Reaper

The Avengers... for the following seen alone, "Hulk" pulls the Ultimate MMA Ground & Pound on arrogant Norse Mythological God "Loki" LMFAO :woot:

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Just finished watched Edge Of Tomorrow .. Tom Cruise new movie..

The previews made this seem like it was another oblivion type movie, Multiple tom cruises type deal, Only later previews would they reveal more about the story..

So over all impressions the movie lacked alot of information about the aliens.. where did they come from.. why did they attack ect ect typical missing information from action movies.. Had a few funny parts but the repeated scenes got a little annoying. Action was decent typical tom cruise shit..

It was worth watching on a morning i have nothing better to do but id never have gone to see this in a theater its just not that great.. Decent but the story could use a little more pick me up I find my self pausing the movie to check the forum and get high so yeah the movie could use a little more to hold my attention.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Just finished watched Edge Of Tomorrow .. Tom Cruise new movie..

The previews made this seem like it was another oblivion type movie, Multiple tom cruises type deal, Only later previews would they reveal more about the story..

So over all impressions the movie lacked alot of information about the aliens.. where did they come from.. why did they attack ect ect typical missing information from action movies.. Had a few funny parts but the repeated scenes got a little annoying. Action was decent typical tom cruise shit..

It was worth watching on a morning i have nothing better to do but id never have gone to see this in a theater its just not that great.. Decent but the story could use a little more pick me up I find my self pausing the movie to check the forum and get high so yeah the movie could use a little more to hold my attention.
It was groundhogs day meets military for me. Kinda meh but watchable

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thats an excellent description! Tho groundhogs day was 10X funnier, I did like bill paxtons char. in this movie Redneck from kentucky dunno why but everytime he talked i just laughed.. OoO the pawt thats why! :P

But yeah it was a little meh.. Predictable to say the least.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Watched Kid Cannabis today and it was way better than I thought it was going to be.I wish it would have kept going at the end... too short!
It punched home why it's a good thing to just keep your mouth shut.

Top Bottom