Which has better yields, more colas or beefing up fewer colas

• Thread starter Mcsketcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

This plant is a LA Confidential in 13 gallons of Dr earth and fox farm ocean forest soil mixed. I use Dr earth as my base ferts and supplement with down to earth stuff... ie: guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite. I just started adding coconut water and aloe juice. I also use barley, barley extract and unsulphured molasses. Also hormex rooting hormone (vita B1), ascorbic acid (vita C). I just started using Tribus as well. It's too early to tell if the coco water, aloe juice and tribus will make a difference. My leaf tips are burning a bit but the plant looks healthy otherwise. I'm concerned it might be too much light but I'm not sure. Maybe Im over feeding something in the NPK realm. Oh, I also use fulvic acid and cal-mag. Lastly, I use Dr Earth's metabolic transformer. It might seem like I know what I'm doing but I don't really. This is my 4th grow and I'm still fumbling through it. I attempted to fim early but messed it up or it didn't work the way I wanted it to at least. I wound up topping her 5 times to get 32 colas. Is that too many for 1 plant? Does the stalk need to be thicker? Should I have kept it at 16 colas? She's in early flower, should I damage bud sites so only 24 colas develope? Is it better to have more bud sites or better to have less sites and focus on beefing them up? Which provides better yields?

growsince79

growsince79

This plant is a LA Confidential in 13 gallons of Dr earth and fox farm ocean forest soil mixed. I use Dr earth as my base ferts and supplement with down to earth stuff... ie: guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite. I just started adding coconut water and aloe juice. I also use barley, barley extract and unsulphured molasses. Also hormex rooting hormone (vita B1), ascorbic acid (vita C). I just started using Tribus as well. It's too early to tell if the coco water, aloe juice and tribus will make a difference. My leaf tips are burning a bit but the plant looks healthy otherwise. I'm concerned it might be too much light but I'm not sure. Maybe Im over feeding something in the NPK realm. Oh, I also use fulvic acid and cal-mag. Lastly, I use Dr Earth's metabolic transformer. It might seem like I know what I'm doing but I don't really. This is my 4th grow and I'm still fumbling through it. I attempted to fim early but messed it up or it didn't work the way I wanted it to at least. I wound up topping her 5 times to get 32 colas. Is that too many for 1 plant? Does the stalk need to be thicker? Should I have kept it at 16 colas? She's in early flower, should I damage bud sites so only 24 colas develope? Is it better to have more bud sites or better to have less sites and focus on beefing them up? Which provides better yields?
I like 4/sf

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I guess I didn't post the photos of the plant I'm talking about. Hmmm, musta been high... Well, this is her. Sorry about the delay... Also, she sprouted dec. 19, I put her on 12/12 on Feb 20 and pistils appeared on Mar 3. So blooms are 1 week old

IMG 20220309 225435434 HDR
IMG 20220309 225442948 HDR
IMG 20220309 225448074
IMG 20220307 224320035 HDR
IMG 20220309 152157432
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I just increased lighting today. I was apparently only giving her about half the light I should have been. I just watched a illuminating video on using a lux meter in lieu of a par meter with led lighting

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I can increase the light a bit more if need be but I want to see what happens where I'm at. I think it's 3 times brighter than I had it actually
Still pretty crowded. You’re probably going to find you need to thin somewhat. What looks easily doable now usually isn’t halfway through flower. But every grow you do should be an experiment in some way. At least one.
The whole grow is an experiment... I have no idea what I'm doing. I might need to thin more. I don't think I'm going to make any more alterations though... Maybe, I might feel different in a week. Hell, I'll probably feel diff in a week... Uggh

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Next week will be 3 weeks since 12/12. She should be able to take a defol if need be... I guess

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Tell us the details on your lighting. What you are trying to get away with and anything you have in reserve.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I've got 2 parfactworks 1000 on either side angled inwards diagonally. In the middle is a colofrog 1000 dimmable that's at 70% or so. I'm getting 38000-42000 readings across the canopy. There's also a 300 watt pointing at the bottom of canopy and a bestva blurple aimed horizontally at it

Latest posts

Top Bottom