Which LED's to buy

• Thread starter guymandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
guymandude

guymandude

thank you. Just because of this fucktard anthem I’m out. Going to another forum. Bye. I will share my info elsewhere. 👋
oh come one, that's not necessary. we can all play nice together. I know you were taking about spider leds. those are not commercial grade LED fixtures, at least they do not have commercial grade to my knowledge. If you have info that compares them to FLuence, Mammoth, Specgrade, SCynceLED, etc. please post because I'd like to see the comparison. That would help save me a ton of money which would be very helpful since i just lost my job. However, it is my understanding that Spider does not compare to the commercial grade LED's. i am looking at wth regards to quality of light, intensity of light, quality of fixture or warranty. IUf you have information that will show me differently, please post it. OK? it's that simple. That being said, if I need warranty work on said cheaper light, i really do not want to have to send the damn thing back to china for it. 90 day complete replacement then 3 year where i pay labor and 2 way shipping doesn't come close to comparing to 5 year if the things smells wrong the company replaces whatever is needed to make the light 100% again. It also doesn't close to a 10 year warranty, or even the 3 year warranty offered by Fluence.

so if you compare Spider to the the commercial grade lights i am interested in, you're seriously comparing apples to oranges........

now everyone play nice, ok? We're sharing important information not comparing dick sizes. thank you!

Last edited:
guymandude

guymandude

in defense of the folks posting about other lED"s. I am planning on getting a couple LED"s for veg. I'm looking at Platinum possibly since they are full spectrum including UV and IR

Last edited:
Terpz719

Terpz719

What spectrum are they?
Sorry for the delay in responding. Sometimes notifications get buried when other threads blow up, and I miss them. I think they rate them as 3500K.

Mars hydro sp 250 led grow light full spectrum 3 1

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ll throw in my opinion only cuz I see the mars -
My SP-250 produces leafy buds in my opinion it works from seed to harvest but
I like to flower under the kingbrite 3000 better seems to produce larger/denser/more resinous buds

Yup. They are bluer than my hortilux blue metal halide and way bluer than a 315 cmh. Both of those flower leafier buds and far less yield than a proper red spectrum at the same watts.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't know shit but my lil babys seem happy under my mars lights, with that said my next light is gonna be spider farm cause they got nobs and way better mounting systems.
Yeah they grow great plants. Are there better lights absolutely but in what terms is better... I mean spectrum and intensity are the biggest factors. All light have that some being slightly more efficient, some with added IR or UV etc.

The debate is over more so the quality, accuracy of the information provided and life of the fixtures not so much spectrum and intensity (excluding blurples) those can be easily measured. 3000k ish in flower 4000k ish in veg. 3500k all-round is pretty standard. If they are full spectrum. Added IR and UV are beneficial but not a must.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't know shit but my lil babys seem happy under my mars lights, with that said my next light is gonna be spider farm cause they got nobs and way better mounting systems.

Spider farmer is a sub company of meijju (found on alibaba). The meiijju knockoffs have much better parts. Or so they claim.

I would think the spider farmer and mars spectrums are very good for veg and keeping plants green and healthy. But not enough red for me to consider it a flowering lamp.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah they grow great plants. Are there better lights absolutely but in what terms is better... I mean spectrum and intensity are the biggest factors. All light have that some being slightly more efficient, some with added IR or UV etc.

The debate is over more so the quality, accuracy of the information provided and life of the fixtures not so much spectrum and intensity (excluding blurples) those can be easily measured. 3000k ish in flower 4000k ish in veg. 3500k all-round is pretty standard. If they are full spectrum. Added IR and UV are beneficial but not a must.

You are missing the biggest corner cut. The newest flower lamps are really like 2700k with added red. The budget lamps are 5k. And lower watt boards.

They dont even claim a temp so if you dont know what the spectrum looks like you dont know you bought a veg lamp with an even higher temp than the market is using currently for veg. Must be cheaper to build that way.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You are missing the biggest corner cut. The newest flower lamps are really like 2700k with added red. The budget lamps are 5k.

They dont even claim a temp so if you dont know what the spectrum looks like you dont know you bought a veg lamp with an even higher temp than the market is using currently for veg. Must be cheaper to build that way.
That's what my post said... Accuracy of the info provided. I agree adding IR and UV will improve the spectrum because it more complete. Not an absolute must unless you are trying to maximize this. People have been growing without it for many years so I see it as an improvement not a must. And that goes back to accuracy of info provided. A lot of these cheap lights advertise it but do not provide a significant amount.

Basically if you want to trust the info you get and have the most ideal light then go with the big boys... If not and are on a budget some budget lights are better than others. Imo kingbright, mars (lately) and spider farmer are a far better option than the Amazon specials and not by a little bit. Just as I feel the big boys are not just a little bit better than the 3 I listed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's what my post said... Accuracy of the info provided. I agree adding IR and UV will improve the spectrum because it more complete. Not an absolute must unless you are trying to maximize this. People have been growing without it for many years so I see it as an improvement not a must. And that goes back to accuracy of info provided. A lot of these cheap lights advertise it but do not provide a significant amount.

Basically if you want to trust the info you get and have the most ideal light then go with the big boys... If not and are on a budget some budget lights are better than others. Imo kingbright, mars (lately) and spider farmer are a far better option than the Amazon specials and not by a little bit. Just as I feel the big boys are not just a little bit better than the 3 I listed.

You are still missing the point. We all know any light and spectrum grows plants. But the budget lights spectrums are nothing like the modern spectrums being used. They are no where near 3500k for a full grow. They build them at like 5000k.

That will severely cut the yield and in my opinion the quality of the harvest.

After researching spider farmer when the rep contacted me for a test light i noticed a lot of corners cut.

And i agree with you. Hlg would give far superior results watt for watt.

I found this deal. This is what i would go with while they last or i would source the parts.

Oops 3000k is out of stock. They are $300 each. Only rspec avaialable. But for $50 more maybe its worth it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You are still missing the point. We all know any light and spectrum grows plants. But the budget lights spectrums are nothing like the modern spectrums being used. They are no where near 3500k for a full grow. They build them at like 5000k.

That will severely cut the yield and in my opinion the quality of the harvest.

After researching spider farmer when the rep contacted me for a test light i noticed a lot of corners cut.

And i agree with you. Hlg would give far superior results watt for watt.

I found this deal. This is what i would go with while they last or i would source the parts.

Oops 3000k is out of stock. They are $300 each. Only rspec avaialable. But for $50 more maybe its worth it.
Both of my posts talk about the trust worthyness of the budget lights info. I understand what your saying bro. Just if someone can't afford them there are some budget option better than others.

Anthem

Anthem

Both of my posts talk about the trust worthyness of the budget lights info. I understand what your saying bro. Just if someone can't afford them there are some budget option better than others.
It is hard because everyone wants to grow but the budget part of it is a challenge. The bummer is that basically the grower is going to out grow the lights and have to upgrade, I guess you could aways just use the old lights for veg and then buy a good light. I just get so frustrated with planned obsolesenses.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is hard because everyone wants to grow but the budget part of it is a challenge. The bummer is that basically the grower is going to out grow the lights and have to upgrade, I guess you could aways just use the old lights for veg and then buy a good light. I just get so frustrated with planned obsolesenses.
Yeah I hate led talks for that reason. I mean with a budget light you can make the means to upgrade if you can't off the hop. So I get it and for some it's not a big issue so I get that too. But in the end all are not created equal and that's just the truth.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah a cmh 315 phillips bulb would give better results cheaper.

The budget spectrum shown would be better to light up a store display window. Which is what light boards were originally made for.

I bet there are led floodlight panels with a warmer spectrum.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats why i upgraded my hid ballasts and cleaned up my reflectors instead of buying led i could afford.

The first and second version boards are down in price. Another year and i should be able to build what i need for a reasonable cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom