Which Nutrient is causing issue? (good Pics!)

• Thread starter Paul Mc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

for the record pythium will cause bad bacteria erwinia and that shit will make your plants leaves look fucked up..yellowing, crispy edges, brown spots etc..

so dutchman may be right after all.

Lots of things cause yellowing, crispy edges, brown spots, ect., so dutchman 'may' be right, but everyone else 'may' be right too.

He already said his new growth on some plants is slightly starting to look better after adjusting his pH, so IMO its highly unlikely to be fungus, but anythings possible.

D

dutchman

Hi dutchman. Ok, we get you, they clearly stated it's a fungus. I've asked at least once, if not more than once, based on what? There should be, and are, ways of telling whether or not the issue being discussed is indeed fungal pathogen in origin, or one of the nutrient issues that many of us, myself included, have witnessed that were finally determined to be nutrition-based and resolved via nutrient adjustment.

So, I ask again, these statements are based on what (observations)?

E.G. Someone posts a picture of a plant where most of the upper growth has interveinal necrosis, as well as spotting and necrosis on the leaf margins. I read that as a calcium deficiency, and I can explain exactly why.

Thanks!

Here is thier answer after sending them the pics from here and I will not comment any more:

"The root fungus is not too bad yet, as displayed by the leaves. Hydrogen Peroxide is good for adding oxygen to the roots but no good for root fungus, as to kill the fungus, you would have to have such a high concentration of it that it would kill the roots.
I have brought a plant back from root fungus, and it was exceptionally bad, if you want to see that post which I did about 2 years ago, look for superbluehaze, as that was the handle I was using then, and I did post with pictures.
There are no organic fungicides suitable for root fungus that I know about. I used a chemical fungicide. You need to treat the plant as soon as possible.
As has been said, friendly fungi and bacteria will only be good as a preventative measure, though there are I believe predatory fungi that kill the bad fungi on the roots. I, however, was unable to buy them here.
http://www.sgm.ac.uk.../pdf/110809.pdf
and here is a product to kill root fungus that is totally organic:
http://www.gardeniq....wBkAHUAYwB0AHMA
"

squiggly

squiggly

for the record pythium will cause bad bacteria erwinia and that shit will make your plants leaves look fucked up..yellowing, crispy edges, brown spots etc..

so dutchman may be right after all.

And that's a legit reply.

That's all I was looking for, instead of barking at us "it's fungus, it's fungus, it's fungus!"

People are putting their time in to grow this shit (as you know) so they want a more thoughtful response than that.

Ty for the info.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

That's all I was looking for, instead of barking at us "it's fungus, it's fungus, it's fungus!"

People are putting their time in to grow this shit (as you know) so they want a more thoughtful response than that.

Ty for the info.

Yeah dutchman is all high on fungus these days. He's got the fever. It's all good.

D

dutchman

I do not see how an info about the actions of a fungus related bacteria will help anybody just a little bit who is unable to diagnose an abvious fungus infection. The diagnosis is the result of looking at the plant pictures that show a well known fungus infection for anybody who knows and not from theoretical descriptions of inner plant processes that won't help a bit ;)

squiggly

squiggly

I do not see how an info about the actions of a fungus related bacteria will help anybody just a little bit who is unable to diagnose an abvious fungus infection. The diagnosis is the result of looking at the plant pictures that show a well known fungus infection for anybody who knows and not from theoretical descriptions of inner plant processes that won't help a bit ;)

That is the longest run on sentence I have ever seen in my life.

You made zero points during the process of it which is even more surprising.

Really, congrats dude--I don't know what else to say.

D

dutchman

That is the longest run on sentence I have ever seen in my life.

Really, congrats dude--I don't know what else to say.

It was two sentences btw.
It is ok if just say thank you for my diagnosis plus the diagnosis of an expert I brought here. So mayby the poor fellow who started the thread can treat his plants now.
Cheers

squiggly

squiggly

It was two sentences btw.
It is ok if just say thank you for my diagnosis plus the diagnosis of an expert I brought here. So mayby the poor fellow who started the thread can treat his plants now.
Cheers

Your expert sounds a helluva lot like another pot-grower, just sayin'.

Please remember:

You are speaking with a scientist.

Bullshitting your level of knowledge about something won't work with me. I can flatly guarantee you that I have more expertise than you do in this area--and by the nature of your "expert's" comments I would say I probably have more than him as well.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Your expert sounds a helluva lot like another pot-grower, just sayin'.

Please remember:

You are speaking with a scientist.

Bullshitting your level of knowledge about something won't work with me. I can flatly guarantee you that I have more expertise than you do in this area--and by the nature of your "expert's" comments I would say I probably have more than him as well.
squiggs post up one pic of a nugget and i will give you credibility until then your just words I pass over daily. Your hands cant catch your water your spilling everywhere. Also if you want grammar go to english class fool quit fucking with people trying to grow proper meds with your stupid sciency bullshit that is always up in the air. Well buddy im a doer and I just get shit done by doing it not theorizing for days and wearing myself out.

Hope your plants are better buddy it seemed either ph or fungus could be the causes.

squiggly

squiggly

squiggs post up one pic of a nugget and i will give you credibility until then your just words I pass over daily. Your hands cant catch your water your spilling everywhere. Also if you want grammar go to english class fool quit fucking with people trying to grow proper meds with your stupid sciency bullshit that is always up in the air. Well buddy im a doer and I just get shit done by doing it not theorizing for days and wearing myself out.

Hope your plants are better buddy it seemed either ph or fungus could be the causes.

I live in a non med state and do not post pictures in public forums.

Lucky for me I also don't give a flying neon-colored fuck what you think of me.

Let's be clear, I'm not theorizing. That's what fungus boy is doing. I suggested an action to take, that's not the same thing as offering a theory.

I offered:

1. A way to check for the issue
2. An explanation of the issue if it was found to be the case.
3. A solution for the issue.

What's so wrong about that?

That's a rhetorical question--don't bother replying to me, as I'm not interested in what you have to say.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

people just need to realize you scientifically could be full of shit sometimes.. im guilty myself at times.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I just noticed there is an actual scientist as a moderator on a cannabis forum.

squiggly

squiggly

people just need to realize you scientifically could be full of shit sometimes.. im guilty myself at times.

Science is always unsure--that's part of the game.

I make sure to be clear when I have expertise somewhere and am sure of an answer/explanation I've given. In all other instances I am careful to not speak in absolutes.

Science is not meant to be the end-all-be-all guide to life. It is a light on the path, nothing more--and as you suggest it is often mistaken.

At least I offer support for my claims instead of just barking them ceaselessly.

I get it that a lot of folks don't either get or ascribe to science (or just frankly don't care). I am not talking to those people.

If, for instance, the OP told me he was uninterested in my explanations--you wouldn't see me in this thread anymore out of respect for that.

It went a different way, though. He appreciated my remarks, took my advice--and has reported that his plants appear to be doing better. I'm anxious to hear more.

Look if it ends up being a fungus issue, that's cool. But I would be remiss not to say that it wouldn't undermine a single word I've said on this thread if it ended up being the case.

My argument wasn't that it is not fungus. I was asking why he thought it was fungus--and he gave no answer that would clearly differentiate the damage we see in the pics as fungus vs. something else.

I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying his giving unclear advice.

If it's fungus, and he's sure it is, there must be some defining aspect of the pictures. I don't think it's ridiculous to ask that he share with us, or the op, what those are. I certainly don't think it makes me appear to be "full of shit" to ask the same, either.

T

theTinker

Hey Everyone, OP Here.

Good news. Its been 6 days since i altered the PH of my single mother and the pics today show a wonderful success. Run off from watering at 5.8 is 5.9 now :)

My flowering tent will take alot longer to show the results as I cannot flush thier pots as they are in autopots + a scrog so they cannot be moved. There is some improvement for definite and absolutely no more death or new yellowing occuring. Its like Death decided to take a puff and forgot what his job was is!

Without further delay. Here are some pictures of the same mother plant/same light as in the original post.

IMG 7226IMG 7228

Shes a beautiful waxy deep green. Her existing leaves are the same as they were. No new necrosis, wilting, etc.

I expect the larger tent will follow suit once the PH of the soil adjusts over time. Im watering that 6.5 soil with 5.5ph now to help it along.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and advised me. This solves a very long, reoccuring problem for me. I was getting 40g-50g dried per plant under my 2*600, so im anxious to see what i'll be able to get now that i'm not killing them :)

Special thanks to Squiggly, Lex and Seamaiden. You guys really contributed alot and saved my crop (and many future ones hopefully).

I'll try post another picture of the larger crop when it gets adjusted and another of the healthy moma!

P

Paul Mc

OP here. apologies about the name change halfway through the thread. My account wouldnt work so i made a temp account! :D Found my original email address now :)

jkbeing

jkbeing

:) Glad you figured out the problem. Good luck with your next harvest.

squiggly

squiggly

Who knew you could kill fungus so quickly and reverse the effects simply by changing the pH?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

OP here. apologies about the name change halfway through the thread. My account wouldnt work so i made a temp account! :D Found my original email address now :)

hahaa...I was wondering why you changed your name to 'tinker'.

Good luck on your grow(s).

P

Paul Mc

Op here.

My flowering tent today looks a whole lot greener and faster growth. Absolutely no new yellowing or necrosis. Ladies are just gone into flower 1 week so plenty of time for them to readjust.

Run off is now 6.2 and dropping :).

Brought the info to my hydro shop who has been trying to help me with this. The guy wouldnt believe it at all until we discussed the many symptoms and results we've seen.
- PH of Canna Terra Professional Plus is 5.8 out of the bag in his newest batch. Obviously PHed at an apt soiless range.
- Complete turn around of results after 6 days of 5.8 PH watering.
- The ingredients list sphagnum moss peat, bark, perlite and a special 'natural plant booster' all more of a spongey substrate than an actual soil :)
- Plants usually got more yellow as time went on, but prematurely, this was due to the 6.5 waterings slowly bringing the root zone into a bad ph range.

He quickly agreed the logic and was amazed. Been wrongly giving advice for 2 years to customers. He's a good guy and will quickly spread the word to all the customers he knows that are using it incorrectly.

I'll post up some pictures in 2 weeks when the girls are nice and producing :)

squiggly

squiggly

Glad to hear it all worked out man.

It is ok if just say thank you for my diagnosis plus the diagnosis of an expert I brought here.

Just to be clear, dutchman, I wasn't trying to wave my science dick around at you by discounting your fungus claim.

When you diagnose a plant issue there is a checklist to follow--and to my eyes I didn't see anything that should warn of fungus. Quite the opposite it seemed to me that there probably wasn't much of anything alive in his soil save for a few species of bacteria.

All I wanted was to hear a justification for why you felt that way other than "I had a plant that looked like that one time."

I have seen hyper-basic soil chlorosis/necrosis more times than I care to count--and I used that experience along with the statement the OP made about adding a lot of lime and I added 2 and 2.

I could've been wrong--and until this last result came in there was no surety that my suggestion would fix the issue. Not on my end, and not on the end of the OP. So I wasn't trying to push you out--I was trying to get more out of you.
I think I had a pretty compelling case and that yours fell short--it's nothing personal. You should be credited for trying to help and doing it with gusto, most people don't give enough of a shit to do that.

No hard feelings, ya?

Top Bottom